Author Topic: Star Fox Mafia (interest thread)  (Read 12975 times)

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE:Star Fox Mafia (interest thread)
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 08:23:04 AM »
Yeah, I'm putting the sign-up this Saturday. I was still planning to do the next one. It's just that I saw all these people signing up for this and saying they're in and I just thought that maybe I should remind them that this isn't the next one. Just in case people are expecting to play this one now.

On a side note, you didn't answer question one. I know you can't vote for the known mafia. My question was can THEY vote? Or is it only the traitors who can vote in the voting thread? Because if the known mafia can vote, they've got like 8 votes they can toss out a day.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 09:14:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
Yeah, I'm putting the sign-up this Saturday.
Boo!  Too soon.

Seriously guys, we need to start spacing these out a bit.  It's starting to get old.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Star Fox Mafia (interest thread)
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 09:45:31 AM »
if you think its too soon, you can skip it an wait for the next one.  I had a few people do that for my mafia, which was a little frustrating, but not everybody here wants to wait a whole month just because some people think its too soon.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 10:23:44 AM »
See, I can't do that.  I'll still sign up.  So will most other people.

But then those people won't actively play and we'll wind up with what happened this past game where by day seven we had nothing but people who hadn't been playing left and you can't figure out who's who at all.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 10:42:47 AM »
...I think Khush was planning on starting his game on October 1st. A good date to start, methinks, especially since this leads the way to starting the next next game on November 1st... which is nice, because there's no way I'm playing mafia over the Wii launch.

On a side note, you didn't answer question one. I know you can't vote for the known mafia. My question was can THEY vote? Or is it only the traitors who can vote in the voting thread? Because if the known mafia can vote, they've got like 8 votes they can toss out a day.

The known mafia can NOT vote, no.

Good luck with your game, khush.

I think I've gotten just enough replies to feel comfortable with going ahead with the game, whenever that might be. So this thread could probably be locked now, to prevent confusion.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 11:01:05 AM »

Boo! Too soon.

Seriously guys, we need to start spacing these out a bit. It's starting to get old.

Uhh, yeah. Wandering is right.  This game is starting on the 1 of Oct. I posted this in the Mafia: Enter your initals thread. So to clarify, the sign-up is this Saturday. It stays open for a week. Then on the 30th. It's closed. The roles go out and the game starts on the 1st of Oct. So this means that there is only one mafia game for the month of September. And possibly one game for October, if Wandering goes next and starts on Nov. 1. I'm trying to make it once a month too, Vudu.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 11:20:24 AM »
I want to go on record stating that I think wandering's Double Dash-esque mafia is a bad idea.

The four mafia members are going to have very little to do (absolutely nothing to do, actually, except for the one person who has the final say in who dies) besides taunt everyone else.  And while fun in its own respect, that's not mafia.

The four traitors are going to at least get to vote and pretend to be good guys.  But they don't get to do any of the fun stuff like kill people at night.

In short, the traitors are going to be the drivers who play most of the game, but don't get to have much fun, the mafia members are going to be the guys who sit in the back and throw the occational turtle shell, and no one gets to bring the blue sparks.

What do the potential mafia members think about this idea?  (Speaking of which, I haven't seen MysticGohan in quite time tome; is he even still around?)

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 11:40:35 AM »
Well, see. I didn't want to get into the strategy of it because I have formulatted a bit of strategy for this game based on my questions. I know what you mean about both sides lacking something but I personally see an appeal in that.

For instance, you have the mafia posting all sorts of stuff creating confusion. For instance, if a traitor starts to get some votes, the mafia could start urging more people to vote for that person. This would creat doubts in other people's minds. Well, if the mafia wants him gone maybe he isn't a traitor. Or it could be the mafia setting us up. So, you have this psychological aspect to the game because you know who the mafia is but you don't know what their agenda is with what info they give out.

And I've been mafia 3 games and I have never once sent out the hit for anyone. Sure, I discussed options with the godfather but he made the ultimate decision and didn't always go with what I suggested. From what I can tell this would be the same thing, the traitors may not make the hit but they can still all discuss what should be done.

I do see your point about the known mafia not having much to do. If I was them, I'd still have fun just taunting and basically trying to confuse everyone with no reprecusions.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 12:48:33 PM »
I think Khush lays out some of the things the mafia could do nicely. I have my own ideas as well, but, I'd rather keep them to myself.

Regardless, I'm working on some ways to let the bad guys to "bring the blue sparks." I think alternating kills will be going back in (the primary reason I took it out has been mitigated by the addition of the doctor.) And I think the traitors may be able to affect kills in some small capacity.

(Speaking of which, I haven't seen MysticGohan in quite time tome; is he even still around?)

Last visited....today, in fact. Though if any of the originals don't want to play, we can always get substitutes.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2006, 05:36:02 PM »

Last visited....today, in fact.
Yeah, but when was the last time he posted?

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2006, 06:26:06 PM »

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2006, 02:59:27 AM »
Alright; when was the last time he posted before that?

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2006, 10:16:01 PM »
As an original I like the idea. I'd be up for a less-intense Mafia especially around exam period.  
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2006, 04:38:37 AM »
I wanted to do a mafia game in February after I got a few more under my belt.

I would like to be Generic Transforming Robot X before I am anything out of Star Fox Adventure.
So sign ups are Saturday for Khush's game.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.