Author Topic: Intelligent Systems Eager to Make More Advance Wars  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
Intelligent Systems Eager to Make More Advance Wars
« on: April 03, 2013, 08:40:41 AM »

The Fire Emblem house discusses the future of their other strategy series. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33733

Intelligent Systems, the makers of the recent 3DS hit Fire Emblem Awakening, say that they would love to develop another title in the Advance Wars franchise.

In an interview with localisation firm 8-4 Ltd., Fire Emblem Awakening project manager Masahiro Higuchi remained open to the possibility of another Wars game in the future.

"Whether it's Fire Emblem or the Advance Wars, we never want to put an end to any series we're involved with," said Higuchi.

"We always want to make games that provide a lot of fun to gamers, so if we have the chance, we'd certainly like to make another [Advance Wars] title."

To date, four Advance Wars games have been released in the West, though the franchise has a much longer lineage in Japan, where it is called Famicom Wars. The last game in the series was the Western-only Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, known elsewhere as Dark Conflict.

Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Re: Intelligent Systems Eager to Make More Advance Wars
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
RABicle Eager to Play More Advance Wars.
RABicle, the player of the recent 3DS flop Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, says that he would love to play another title in the Advance Wars franchise.

In a post on a fansite's forum, Advance Wars: Dark Conflict game completer RABicle remained open to the possibility of another Wars game in the future.

"Whether it's Civilization or the Advance Wars, I never want to put an end to any turn based strategy series I'm involved with," said RABicle.

"I always want to play games that provide a lot of fun to me, so if I have the chance, I'd certainly like to play another [Advance Wars] title."

To date, four Advance Wars games have been released in the West, though the franchise has a much longer lineage in Japan, where RABicle wants to go skiing. The last time RABicle went skiing was at the failure stricken Thredbo resort on Mt Kosiosko, which he misspelt from it's original Polish.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »
What in blue hell Rabicle.

About time Advanced Wars popped up. Basically my number one reason for buying the 3DS. With the new hardware, massive number of improvements could be made. If nothing else, bigger maps, stronger AI and netplay is on the cards.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:46:19 AM »
Dark Conflict had netplay.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »
What in blue hell Rabicle.

About time Advanced Wars popped up. Basically my number one reason for buying the 3DS. With the new hardware, massive number of improvements could be made. If nothing else, bigger maps, stronger AI and netplay is on the cards.
more weather effects...
but i agree, as proud as i am of naming the funhouse(it fits perfectly) with a derailed thread advance wars will be a digital purchase on my 3ds

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:40:43 PM »
How cool would it be if the developer of the recent XCOM RTS game, Fireaxis, collaborated with Intelligent Systems to make a console version of Advanced Wars?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 07:45:52 PM »
more weather effects...

Oh, no you don't.  Remember how that conversation went last time?!? :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
more weather effects...

Oh, no you don't.  Remember how that conversation went last time?!?
yes, it was glorious... :D :D :D :D :D :D
i am tempted to take this one out also once the link to it is off the NWR homepage,

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 09:38:19 PM »
How cool would it be if the developer of the recent XCOM RTS game, Fireaxis, collaborated with Intelligent Systems to make a console version of Advanced Wars?
Advanced Wars wouldn't work well as a console game imo

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »
I'd rather see another Battalion Wars, although I don't think Intelligent Systems had anything to do with those games.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 02:44:28 PM »

Um, it started off as a console game. And I dont see why it wouldnt work well as a console game considering there is no technical reason it can't, plus some of the battles can get long
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 02:52:13 PM »

Um, it started off as a console game. And I dont see why it wouldnt work well as a console game considering there is no technical reason it can't, plus some of the battles can get long
that was so poorly worded, I think that series is at its strongest as a handheld.

also, this article is halfway down the homepage, hehehehe,

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 07:05:04 PM »
ok this one is dead anyway, we need more weather effects, the Miracle of Dunkirk, in which allied troops retreated from france, is called a miracle for a reason, the heavy fog kept the german air force grounded, otherwise that rescue would be worse then it already was(how you brits screwed the whole thing up given the clear advantage of numbers you have is beyond me), i guess it took the competence of the USA to clean up that mess...

but you know what they say...