Author Topic: Camelot making RPG for Rev?  (Read 10306 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Camelot making RPG for Rev?
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2005, 06:47:31 AM »
Well, there never was any in first place. look at how many enemies LoZ for the NES displayed, those would be enough to fill a dungeon tales-style.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2005, 11:34:52 AM »
This is good news, I just hope it doesn't get pre-empted like their GameCube RPG announcement.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline ZombieGalford

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Camelot making RPG for Rev?
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2005, 02:11:41 PM »
Another GS would be very nice.  I just hope they the high standard for music.  Both GS 1 and 2 had very good sound tracs.
Somehow my last user name was banned even though I haven't used this site since 2003.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2005, 02:14:12 PM »
All of Camelot's Nintendo games have had Motoi Sakuraba as the lead composer, so I doubt it will be any different this time...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2005, 02:11:17 PM »
Though I love GS, i'd rather not see this RPG become a GS sequel. I'd like Camelot to have a completely blank canvas and do with it whatever the hell they want to. Nintendo is the type to be patient with developers (something I've always loved) and since this announcement is years in advance to the REV outing, I bet they could really make something....well Revolutionary. A new GS would limit that freedom. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a GS, but maybe after this new RPG. Later in the REV's life-span....."GS annouced for late 200X." We'd all go nuts once again, even the people new to Nintendo becuse they played Camelots new RPG. Also, how many sequels are we getting? Too many I'm guessing. If Nintendo wants to really be innovative...create new mascots for crying out loud. Pokemon was great but that was how long ago?

Also, the thing with sequels, they tend to get reviewed lower than the original. Something about people's anticipation and experience with the previous game just ruins the new one alittle. People want this since they had that in the previous game, and cuase of this it would be awesome instead of this they did that, so this game sequel should be...2+2...-6...x 11....two times better! Ya it's gonna ROCK!

It would just be better if they made something original, plain and simple. They already made a sequel, so give it a rest...try something new then hit us with nostalgia (sp?) later.

just my two cents...
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2005, 10:48:26 PM »
Also, the thing with sequels, they tend to get reviewed lower than the original.

Only true for japanese games, look at the GTA series or any of EA's sports franchises.

Besides, GSLA wasn't a sequel, it was the second half of the game.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2005, 04:20:50 AM »
You are right that GSLA wasn't a sequel, and that it was the second-part of the game. To people who didn't know that, it sure looked like a sequel. It had the same charachters, same world, and the same name. And's that's not really my point anyways, my point is that it scored lower than the first. It might not score lower if on the REV, but giving something to reviewers that they've already had experiences with, makes them either very critical or very happy.

Also do we really need a sequel to an already established game? Let Camelot work on what ever they want, if they want GS then that's fine. That's really all I was saying. I just hope Nintendo said the same thing.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2005, 11:02:33 AM »
"I'd like Camelot to have a completely blank canvas and do with it whatever the hell they want to."

Um, Camelot said that there's a lot of the Golden Sun realm they haven't explored yet...

Edit: Quote found...

And for us, as far as the whole Golden Sun setting, the world, the storyline for us, in our minds, Golden Sun 1 and 2 are prologues to the real event yet to come… So those games are created—again, from our viewpoint—as a way of introducing this world to the game players.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2005, 07:47:31 AM »
If you read my post above I said "Let Camelot work on what ever they want, if they want GS then that's fine." The fact is, I wouldn't want to constrict any creativity of theirs. They are possibly one of my favorite developers and with alot of space can make really beautiful games. They can become the Rare for Revolution, as Rare was for N64. (Damn I want PILOTWINGS!)

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 07:03:34 AM »
I just thought I would revive this thread for this year's E3...will Camelot actually show up with an RPG???
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2006, 07:24:13 AM »
I hope not.

Mario Tennis please! The Wii is begging for a tennis game.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2006, 07:54:55 AM »
Someone else can make it, Camelot is working on an RPG...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2006, 09:33:07 AM »
I would be better if they make Golden Sun for DS and Mario Tennis for Wii, at least that's what I think.

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2006, 05:09:41 PM »
DS has plenty of RPG support coming down the line, Wii NEEDS an RPG a.s.a.p, it's something Nintendo has been missing two generations in a row now.

Now, I agree a Tennis game is a great idea for Wii, but as the Time article points out, it already exists, and it's fun, so...here's hoping it's either developed by someone other than Camelot, or that it hasn't forced Camelot to delay its RPG.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2006, 05:24:09 PM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
DS has plenty of RPG support coming down the line, Wii NEEDS an RPG a.s.a.p, it's something Nintendo has been missing two generations in a row now.

Uh, I know GC didn't have many RPGs but the few we had they were pretty good: Skies of Arcadia Legends, Baten Kaitos 1 and 2, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, <insert more good RPGs that I might have forgotten>.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2006, 05:34:59 PM »
Yeah, I'm actually pretty pleased with the RPG situation on the Cube, even though that's what everyone complains about.  It was far worse on the N64.  The DS will be getting a Tales game soon that's looking pretty hawt, Xenosaga I and II are out in Japan already, and we're getting a remake of FFIII.  Oh yeah, and Partners in Time.  Plus more.

I'd rather not have Camelot be making a DS golden sun, the Wii needs it more.  Besides, the GBA games were so beautiful I'm really anticipating how awesome it'll look on the Wii  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 06:47:48 AM »
Hey guys, I was overreacting a bit before: it's not that GameCube had bad RPG support, it's just that it was too late.  The first really good RPG wasn't released for about 14 months (Skies of Arcadia) and then it was another 1.5 year wait for Tales of Symphonia.  The problem is that it took 3 years for a good supply to finally come out.  That's too late to have a positive impact in Japan, or to please me.  And it's all about pleasing me, right?

But KnowsNothing expresses my biggest complaint: there's already plenty happening on DS with Tales, Final Fantasy, Xenosaga, Mana, and Mario & Luigi.  With the system being as hot as it is, you can bet there will be solid RPG support for the rest of its life.  If GameCube and N64 are anything to go by, the Wii will need some help with RPGs, especially early on.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2006, 07:41:17 PM »
So........

Any new developments?

I know camelot updated their site, but it doesn't help since I have no idea what the hell it says. Still, the rollover image on the main page gives me hope that they are finally working on a Wii project....especially because it looks like GS.

www.camelot.co.jp
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2006, 07:56:09 PM »
The pic on the front is just a recruitment add. I will send some of the site's text through a translator, though I'm not expecting much.

I didn't get much though they are still making games for the home console though they also want some people with PC experience. They mention RPG and Sports games and Networking experience for the programmers that is all.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Camelot making RPG for Rev?
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 12:42:27 AM »
SUPER BUMP-O

Shall we dine with destiny once again? Camelot recently finished Wii Play Mario Tennis so they have to be working on something new. Is it finally what we all have been waiting for?

P.S. I didn't know this at first because I never pronounced it correctly nor have I ever seen it written in english but djinn or JINN comes from Islam. It is used to describe other beings that live among us but cannot interact with us. They are lesser beings; made before us but were not as important as us to warrant the kneeling of angels before us.

Anyway, I found that fascinating.

P.S.S All three of my accounts are in this thread ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:44:21 AM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 03:03:51 AM »
I don't think Camelot had any involvement with the re-release of Mario Power Tennis. I believe that's why the game doesn't have any new content other than the obvious (Wii controls and widescreen).

What everyone is waiting for probably isn't what I've been hoping for as I found Golden Sun to be boring. Unless this mysterious Wii RPG is an RPG/Mario Tennis hybrid similar to the Mario Tennis game on the Game Boy Color, then colour me uninterested.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 04:28:41 PM »
This just in, Nintendo broke Mario Tennis.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.