Author Topic: Wii Play Confirmed for European Wii Launch  (Read 2162 times)

Offline LassePalle

• PGC Staff Writer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wii Play Confirmed for European Wii Launch
« on: November 22, 2006, 06:19:38 AM »
Wii Play becomes the first Wii title to release in Europe before North America.

Now Wii Can All Play Together    

21st November 2006- Are you ready to play? No matter what your gaming experience Nintendo has just the game for you to play with your friends and family. Wii Play consists of a selection of nine very different mini-games on one game, which are designed to help you master the unique Wii Remote, whilst also providing hours of entertainment. To ensure you can enjoy Wii Play with your friends, the game comes bundled with a free Wii Remote. Wii Play launches on Nintendo’s new Wii console on the 8th December 2006.    

Wii Play consists of a variety of quirky games that can be played either alone or with a friend. This includes Shooting Range, which is the first game unlocked and is reminiscent of the classic Duck Hunt (released on the NES). In order to unlock the next game the player simply needs to complete the previous one (this sequence continues throughout). When all of the games have been unlocked players can start earning medals for their performance.    

Find Mii involves picking the right face out of a crowd in an environment that constantly changes - it’s a race against the clock and each other! Pose Mii requires players to make their Mii characters fit into the shapes in the Wii bubbles. To do this they must swing the remote to the right angle to make it fit inside. The psychedelic colours and quirky graphics involved in this puzzle make it instantly addictive.    

Other games included are Charge, where players have to hold onto a rampaging bull and try not to fall off! Players steer their bull and make it jump by moving the Wii Remote in the right direction, attempting to knock over scarecrows on the way. Tanks, which also makes use of the Nunchuk controller, tests a player’s strategic skills encouraging them to leave trails of mines for other tanks to stumble across.    

Wii Play also features faithful recreations of real sport games demanding precision and skill with the Wii Remote. In Table Tennis players hold the Wii Remote like a bat and use it to move their on-screen character’s hand and return balls. In Fishing players cast their line with similar moves as they would in real life and then wait for a bite before jerking the remote back to hook and reel in a fish. As a pub favourite, Billiards will be an instant hit with older Wii owners. In this game players hold the remote like the back of a snooker cue and use a smooth sliding motion to hit the cue ball. Finally Laser Hockey is a cross between air hockey and ping-pong. Gentle flicks of the wrist are picked-up by the Wii Remote making the pace of the game as relaxed or as frantic as required.    

Wii Play takes simple concepts and demonstrates how much fun they can be by using the Wii’s unique control mechanism. The Wii’s unique Mii channel also allows players to build their own customised avatar that can then star as the central character in Wii Play and other games.    

Launching across Europe on 8th December 2006, every copy of Wii Play comes with a Wii Remote, at the estimated retail price of around 49 Euros (£34 in the UK).    

Wii launches across Europe on 8th December at the estimated retail price of around €249 (£179 in the UK). Included with every Wii console is one wireless Wii Remote, a Nunchuk, Wii Sports game, Stereo AV Cable and the sensor bar for Wii’s unique control system.    

Click onto www.Wii.com for all of the most up to date official information on Wii.

Offline 1day

• View Profile
RE:Wii Play Confirmed for European Wii Launch
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »
it's still such bull**** why they didn't release this at launch in the US; they knew people would buy a 2nd controller and yet they just didn't care

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Play Confirmed for European Wii Launch
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 12:07:20 PM »
You can't really whinge. Europe misses out on Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Metal Slug Anthology and Elebits. =\

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 02:55:40 PM »
Hey, at least we're getting it in North America at all.  Hopefully it'll come with a Wiimote here too.  It may be wise to pre-order it just in case.  I can't find any extra Wiimotes ANYwhere.  I've heard Nintendo was only able to try to get one extra remote per system but even came up short there.  So maybe that's why N.A. gets a Wii Play delay.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Play Confirmed for European Wii Launch
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 08:17:48 PM »
NoE had it listed as a launch title for quite some time now.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 03:54:09 AM »

Originally posted by: Maximilian
Hey, at least we're getting it in North America at all.  Hopefully it'll come with a Wiimote here too.
It does.  Wii Play & Remote for $50.  Available on January 15th or 16th (I can't remember which one).
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!