Author Topic: Naruto is Popular  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Naruto is Popular
« on: September 01, 2006, 06:35:12 AM »
The whiskered Ninja is now Players Choice.

NARUTO(TM): Clash of Ninja(TM) Joins Player's Choice Club as One of the Most   Popular Nintendo GameCube Games of 2006!    

TOMY and D3Publisher of America Announce Price Reduction for 1st NARUTO Game   for the Nintendo GameCube(TM) and NARUTO(TM): Ninja Council(TM) for Game   Boy(R) Advance

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Already recognized by the critics and   gamers as a hit, TOMY Corporation and D3Publisher of America, Inc. (D3PA)   today announced that NARUTO: Clash of Ninja for Nintendo GameCube(TM) has   qualified as a Players Choice title, which is reserved for the best selling   games available for the Nintendo GameCube. Based on VIZ Media's hit anime   series SHONEN JUMP NARUTO and first released in March 2006, NARUTO: Clash of   Ninja and NARUTO: Ninja Council for Nintendo Game Boy(R) Advance are now   available at a new low price of $19.95 MSRP each. TOMY Corporation and D3PA   are set to release the sequels to both games with NARUTO: Clash of Ninja 2   scheduled to be released September 26, 2006 and NARUTO: Ninja Council 2   scheduled to be released October 10, 2006.    

"Both of these games feature high production values and deliver quality   gaming to players that mirrors VIZ Media's hit anime series," said Laura   Yoshioka, senior marketing manager, TOMY Corporation. "The upcoming releases   of NARUTO: Clash of Ninja 2 and NARUTO: Ninja Council 2 will expand the   family of NARUTO games available and we will soon be announcing more NARUTO   titles for 2007."    

NARUTO: Clash of Ninja was featured in cover stories in both GamePro   magazine and 1UP.com and has remained in the top 5 for sales on the Nintendo   GameCube, according to the NPD Group since its launch in March 2006.    

"Just in time for the holiday buying season we are able to provide these   very popular, quality video games at a price that appeal to both fans of   NARUTO and gamers everywhere," said Kim Motika, vice president of worldwide   sales and operations, D3PA. "Now that both of these games are $19.95, NARUTO   will move beyond the installed fan base and will appeal to a whole new   audience that loves great fighting games."

"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline 1day

• View Profile
RE:Naruto is Popular
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 09:50:02 AM »
hmm, I guess the 3rd and 4th will be out next year then.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
RE: Naruto is Popular
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 05:21:17 PM »
The irony of the title of this article and the amount of replies makes me chuckle.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 05:48:20 PM »
Oh yeah? How about now!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
RE:Naruto is Popular
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 04:47:58 PM »
More like, since Clash Of Ninja 2 probably obsoletes the first game, they made the first cheaper so that Naruto fans will be more likely to end up buying both instead of just the second one.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 05:08:59 PM »
Yeah but GameCube's supposed to be dead and nobody likes Nintendo, also Nintendo's going third party. So what's the deal? I reckon it's just the same three people buying thousands of copies of the games. Kinda like the Brain Training situation in Japan.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 05:14:07 PM »
Ferny wins Most Best post award.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile