Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. Mii Is the Mario Bros. Wii U Game  (Read 16183 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: New Super Mario Bros. Mii Is the Mario Bros. Wii U Game
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 08:56:39 AM »
Nintendo has to do more than a level pack with HD graphics.

Reggie! editor plus homebrew channel or dophin emulator = NSMBW in 1080p with 8 new worlds and new levels uploaded daily for FREE.

I'm hoping for a Brawl style "new level a day/week" type feature. I don't care if the level editor is gimped with only the most basic of options, anything would suffice!
If they did this it would stop people trading it in and make it yet another evergreen selling title for them that could last potentially forever (so, 5 years in gaming terms!)

I am excite for E3 reveal!
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline spitman

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2012, 02:19:08 PM »
Seriously, is it not obvious that the new Wii U game is Super Mario Bros 4?    
lets see...  Nintendo registers a domain name for SuperMario4.com,  they they announce the new 3DS Mario game (not called Super Mario Bros 4), then they say Wii U is getting a new 2D Mario game... it's not rocket science guys

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »
Except Super Mario 4 came out in 1991, and will be playable on WiiU when you buy it for $8 on Virtual Console.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »
For the last time, Super Mario World is Super Mario Bros. 4.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline spitman

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »
For the last time, Super Mario World is Super Mario Bros. 4.

Yes... in JAPAN.  That means nothing, just look at all the Final Fantasy games numberings in the USA compared to in Japan.  the new one will be Super Mario Bros 4 in the USA and Super Mario Bros 5 in Japan.  Do you think they just now got around to regestering the domain name in honor of a 20 year old game?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »
Yes... in JAPAN.  That means nothing, just look at all the Final Fantasy games numberings in the USA compared to in Japan.  the new one will be Super Mario Bros 4 in the USA and Super Mario Bros 5 in Japan.  Do you think they just now got around to regestering the domain name in honor of a 20 year old game?
Nobody has diverged numberings on a major franchise since Final Fantasy, and even those were corrected. And yes, they just got around to grabbing the domain because it was previously controlled by a cybersquatter. Nintendo didn't care as much about name protection earlier.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline spitman

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 02:56:10 PM »
So Nintendo can never have a Super Mario Bros 4 in the USA?   because you know if they ever came out with a new one named Super Mario Bros 5 almost everyone in the USA would be saying hey, where is 4?

I'll be back in about 6 weeks (after E3) to say I told you so :)

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »
They wouldn't do either; they created the "New" series, which avoids the issue. BTW, I don't know of any case where Nintendo registered a domain name for a game well ahead of time. They're more concerned with trademark registration since they can use that to assert rights over a domain they don't own, and even then, they usually wait until the last minute so as to not leak info.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »
It should also be pointed out that later printings of SMW in Japan did not have that subtitle, and that the game Japan calls SMB2 is different than the game every other region calls SMB2. If Nintendo releases a actual SMB4, I can see it being called that in Japan too.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20