Author Topic: Pokémon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire Revealed for 3DS  (Read 11273 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Pokémon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire Revealed for 3DS
« on: May 07, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »

Pokémon fans will be returning to Hoenn.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37352/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-revealed-for-3ds

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will be coming to Nintendo 3DS worldwide this November.

The teaser trailer revealing this information mentions that these games will have an, "Epic New Adventure." It also mentions players will be able to explore a, "Dramatic New World." While it is a sure thing that these games will allow players to return to Hoenn, it's likely, though unconfirmed, to be a new take on the old region.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire Revealed for 3DS
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:33:28 AM »
What I find more interesting is that Groudon and Kyogre seem to be in a mega form.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 11:09:57 AM »
Cool Box Art... But a Remake?

I Guess I should look forward to "Omega Fire Red"
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »
Ruby and Sapphire are widely held as the worst of the mainline Pokemon games, and I do think think they are the worst too, so i'm not sure how many people will be excited by these remakes.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 12:14:51 PM »
Ruby and Sapphire are widely held as the worst of the mainline Pokemon games, and I do think think they are the worst too, so i'm not sure how many people will be excited by these remakes.

Ruby/Sapphire was my last Pokemon game until X/Y so, yeah, I don't think I'll be getting the game that inspired me to take a ten year break from the series.

So Pokemon is annualized now, right?  Since 2009 they've only missed one year.  Mario has only missed one year since 2007 though we don't know yet if we'll see a Mario platformer in 2014.  So why do I get backlash when I suggest that Nintendo has become unoriginal and just cranks out the same sequels again and again?

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »
Here comes the Pre-E3 spoilers!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 12:33:26 PM »

Seriously E3 is about a month away, they couldn't hold this info for another month?

Offline Vahne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 12:51:27 PM »

I don't know about that. Ruby was my second most favorite mainline Pokemon game after Silver. Personally I found gen 4 to be terrible and gen 5 was merely 'ok' (I felt absolutely no desire to complete the game, as in training my pokemon and beating the Elite Four, like I did for Red, Silver, and Ruby).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 01:06:02 PM »
Seriously E3 is about a month away, they couldn't hold this info for another month?
Perhaps they don't consider this big news. I'd raise an eyebrow if Nintendo announced a brand new mainline Zelda with a reveal trailer a month before E3.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 01:19:03 PM »
Vahne, I know some people do love Generation III. That's why I said "generally", rather than saying everyone hated it. Maybe a remake could improve it.

And remakes are not really big news, so I am not upset they didn't wait to E3 for it.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »
*yawn* Oh look...another Pokemon game. I guess when your company is bleeding money, you do what you have to do. *shrugs*
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TheBigK

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 04:03:42 PM »
I may be in the minority here, but I'm actually pretty excited about this. While Ruby and Sapphire may not be my favourite games in the series, the Hoenn region is by far my favourite. The rest, except for Sinnoh, are rather bland and uninteresting. But Hoenn has a wide range of environments different from your usual plains, forests and caves. It has a volcano, an route covered in perpetually raining volcanic ash, a desert, lakes and rivers with little islands, a shipwrecked boat, underwater caverns, the seafloor, a treetop town and a town floating in the ocean and so on. Hoenn is going to look great with the visual style of XY. Hoenn also has some of my favourite Pokémon, like Breloom, Flygon, and Zangoose. I found Kalos to be a boring region overall, so I can't wait to go back to Hoenn. Also, Secret Bases!
Nintendo Network ID: TheBigK

Add me!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »

I don't know about that. Ruby was my second most favorite mainline Pokemon game after Silver. Personally I found gen 4 to be terrible and gen 5 was merely 'ok' (I felt absolutely no desire to complete the game, as in training my pokemon and beating the Elite Four, like I did for Red, Silver, and Ruby).

What?! Gen IV was the best one!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 04:31:59 PM »

What?! Gen IV was the best one!
Psh! Ya rite! Gen 1 is totally da bomb! Magikarp, Porygon, Beedrill. Hello?
And it, like, totally had the best TV episodes EV-AR! Remember this gem?

James is, like, totally the hawtest guy EVAR! Sighhhhhhh.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 05:11:19 PM »
Lolz
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 06:03:31 PM »
Expected/10

Emerald is my least-fave of the mainline games I played, so I'll be skipping this.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 06:45:21 PM »
While I liked the idea of Hoenn's Overworld and a bit of its mythos, it was plagued with awful Pokemon distribution, awful villains, and the worst looking title legendaries in the series, aside from Rayquaza. Unless Game Freak does something worthwhile or interesting with this update, like HG/SS had superior writing, Pokemon followers, and Pokeathelon. However, I devoured Pokemon Y and if this game has as little post-game activities as that did, I'll be passing on it.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 07:49:08 PM »
Gen III was the worst since Gen I, and Gen I was only bad because of the myriad of game-breaking glitches.

Gen VI, while not as good as Gen V (the best Gen, imo), is leagues better than Gen III, so perhaps we'll finally be able to enjoy a trek across Hoenn that isn't a pain in the ass.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 08:38:31 PM »
YES!!
Fricken yes!
FFFOOOCCCUUUSSS BBBLLLAAASSSTTT!!!
Made you look ****.

Offline yoshi1001

• View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »
Now they can do a combined HD remake of Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness for Wii U. I would say Pokemon Channel (a game I, for the record, liked) but I suppose Netflix and Hulu make that redundant in most people's eyes.
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 10:14:02 PM »
I Guess I should look forward to "Omega Fire Red"

They've never lowered themselves to remaking a remake... yet. Don't give them any ideas.

Besides, Kanto's on triple-secret probation.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 06:35:50 AM »
Gen III was the worst since Gen I, and Gen I was only bad because of the myriad of game-breaking glitches.

Gen VI, while not as good as Gen V (the best Gen, imo), is leagues better than Gen III, so perhaps we'll finally be able to enjoy a trek across Hoenn that isn't a pain in the ass.

I'm inclined to agree, but I actually do like playing the Gen 3 games that -AREN'T- RSE. A lot of my beef with the game comes from Hoenn's map design, particularly when it comes to routes overlapping each other or backtracking before you get access to the Fly HM... but then of course, that's when the nightmare of all the water routes and Dive start to come into play and make me want to just... not play.

I don't know WHY I'm so bad at Water Routes. perhaps it's the lack of landmarks after a random battle or what, but i feel like I end up spending longer on surf routes then I should, and Surf Routes are a very large percentage of Hoenn's map.

also, Mega Kyogre? I fear if they actually make it able to hit harder than Choice Specs Kyogre somehow, because that thing already wrecks **** hardcore.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 02:56:03 PM »
YES! New move tutors and egg moves!!! That's all...  :@

Even though people kept begging for it and expecting this I just didn't think it would happen since it wasn't really necessary with every Pokemon available. This was the least desirable entry into Pokemon ever and I really wish it wasn't being made. But because I am a battle nut who loves new egg moves, abilities and tutors I am going to get it soley for that. Sigh, they got me for life don't they?

Give me another Pokemon Snap please!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »
Gen III was the best one ever!
or are u guys gen woners?
Made you look ****.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 12:23:00 AM »
Gen III was the best one ever!
or are u guys gen woners?

Even I was bored with Ruby and Sapphire and I think I am the biggest proudest Pokemon fan here. I'll get it cause I'm a sucker and I'm glad others are getting what they want but sheesh do something with the story please! I really don't want to care about this but I  need to stay up to date in the battle world.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn