Author Topic: EBgames "don't open ToS right away"  (Read 7786 times)

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:EBgames "don't open ToS right away"
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2004, 08:11:35 PM »
if by UPC you mean the barcode, here's the one on my copy:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||
7||22674 || 30002|| 5

Like my skills?  
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Armed

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2004, 09:01:14 PM »
I didnt reserve and gamestop still got me one, HAHAHAHA!
If you like to read comics click below
**My cousin made it, pretty cool**
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
RE: EBgames "don't open ToS right away"
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2004, 09:07:37 PM »
I have a bad feeling its going to end up taking a lot longer to get to me than it should.  Thats the price i have to pay for being greedy and getting it for free I suppose...

Maybe namco will surprise me and for some reason pay for overnight shipping. @_@  (Yeah, right?)

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2004, 03:16:32 AM »
How about a ToS tale of woe?  My bro pre-ordered it from EB, as he usually does.  And the pre-order bonus was a weird look from the clerk when asking about those special, special prizes that others seem to be getting.  Man I hate living in the damn sticks.

Edit: Oh and what I think of Tales?  It is truly a treat.  I wish this, along with Mario and Luigi and Megaman Battle Network, was the standard of the genre, instead of those blasted push-button movies some developers pump out.   I find myself looking forward to fights instead of dreading their existance.  Good show, Namco.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2004, 04:10:47 AM »
Got mine--didn't get the artbook neither .

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2004, 04:18:13 AM »
Thanks for that Myx
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2004, 04:24:44 AM »
I preordered my copy like on May 13, 2003.  It has been shipped already and I will get it today, it is on the FedEx truck as I type on its way to me.  I got free two day shipping so it actually shipped on the 13th.  

I got the free art book yesterday, why it came in a seperate shipment I don't know.  It's rather neat, lots of good drawings.

Both EBgames.com and Gamestop.com have gotten very bad about sending confirmation about shipping.  I usually get my order before I get an email shipping confirmation.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2004, 05:05:19 AM »
Called my Ebgames about my artbook just to get "I don't know what your talking about".

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2004, 06:58:12 AM »
I think i might do what someone else mentioned, I want the game so badly...
I'll just go buy a new copy from a store, then when namco sends me one, i'll sell that version...  It'll end up costing a bit more, but at least i'll get the game sooner...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2004, 07:10:17 AM »
I didn't pre-order so I guess I'm not getting the artbook but I don't really care.  Since few who did pre-order are getting the artbook I might as well not tie myself down to EB (the only store in my area that pre-orders) and get pissed off when I get screwed out of pre-order bonus.  I'm going to hunt around the stores today after work and hope that I'll find it.  I never have to pre-order in my area to secure a copy.  If I don't find it it means the stores don't have it yet.  It's nice living in an area big enough to get lots of copies in on release day but small enough that they don't all sell out.

Offline mestar

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2004, 08:08:55 AM »
Are there voice acting in all dialogues ? I'm starting to think my copy might be a dud as it seems like voice actings were inserted randomly in some of the dialogues only.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2004, 08:24:21 AM »
I pre-order with either EBGames.com  or Gamestop.com and I think 100% of the time if a pre-order bonus is made available after I have already placed my order, it gets applied to my order, so I get the bonus.  Unless it's free shipping, they won't give you that unless it's availabe at the time the order is made.  I have cancelled several orders only to preorder the game again to get free shipping.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2004, 09:06:57 AM »
Just got mine about 2 minutes ago!  It's actually kinda sad that it's like I found the Holy Grail or something...BUT WHO CARES!? =D

Oh, and everyone be sure to look for the artbook if you didn't get one...It's VERY nice...

*off to play*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2004, 09:23:36 AM »
Gah!  Me wanty.  I'll probably take a look for it at a few stores tonight, but I won't get to play it until next week anyway.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2004, 06:28:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Where the FORK is my artbook?  My EB got the games today, but no pre-order gifties!?!  Evil evil UPS Brown!

"Not brown, brown, brown, brown, brown, brown"
"Lisa, you seem to saying 'brown' alot"

Oh hey guys, only nine more months till it arrives here apparently! I'm having a baby!

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2004, 08:57:17 PM »
wow your getting twins!  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2004, 09:35:43 PM »
I got my artbook.  I almost happy.

WHERE THE FORK IS MY LITHOGRAPH!?

~~~~~

I've played this game for 2 hours coming-to-grips with the combat system.  I love it.  I haven't even entered the *place where Collete/Colette/CallCollect is supposed to go in the beginning* yet.  I just run the little tract of field between the town and the *place* running into generic slime and beast blobs and getting used to battles.  IT'S FUN.

Daisy says:  "HI I'M DAISY, BUY THIS GAME IT'S COOL!"
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2004, 09:47:19 PM »
I wouldn't really call it a lithograph.

It's a crappy piece of cardboard that measures about 8x14.

The one I got had a whole bunch of scratches on it, but I never saw it in the store when I got it.  And to reiterate from my last post, I didn't get the art book either.  So I was screwed out of one pre-order "bonus" and got a crappy one for the other.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Polemistis

• Pirate Commando Elite Space Pirate Shocktrooper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2004, 08:21:23 PM »
Heh I got basically the same problem. I phoned EB and asked if they had any in(I know, I should of pre-ordered but I didn't think the following would happen) and they me that they got only so many copies to give to all the EB stores and the particular one I was at got 5 copies. So, they were all gone. And the guy said that all the other stores like futureshop is probably sold out too. And then he said(this is when I freaked) that they will probably not be getting anymore copies in because its a limited game!! NOW IM GOING KRAZY! I WANT TOS SO BAD!!
Currently Playing: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Most Wanted: Next Cubed Zelda

What the hell? An Aezbit?!? PRESS L+R+B TO REBOOT SYSTEM!!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2004, 08:31:32 PM »
you NEEED to understand that ebgames employees job title is "bull sh_t artist"  Don't believe a thing you hear from any of them!!  I remember back when the cube launched and they were talking me into buying an x-box by saying that the only games that would be available on the gamecube until after christmas were luigi and monkey ball.  That is when I demanded my pre order money back and told everyone in the store that the place is run by morons.  Since then I've heard nothing but lies.  Do you honestly think that Namco thought it would be a good idea to make a great rpg on a system that has next to none, and then only release about 250,000 copies in all of north america and then stop releasing anymore?  BULLSH_T!  Its just eb trying to come up with a good reason why they only got 5 of them......

God I hate that store.  Thats why I bought my lovely copy from the nice people at Toys R Us.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2004, 08:47:19 PM »
I love Toys R Us.  I almost exclusively buy my games there, unless there's a pre-order bonus at another store.  And there's always a bunch of games on sale that I wasn't aware of.

To stay on topic, I e-mailed EBGames.com and tales@namco.com to see if I could get the book being that I pre-ordered the game (and up to this point, am not exactly thrilled with the game itself).  No answer after yet after 48+ hours.  Ouch.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2004, 09:16:11 PM »
I wonder how well this game is selling.......

P.S. Ebgames can go to hell, complete morons!

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2004, 04:33:46 AM »
I got my copy in the mail yesterday, complete with art book and "lithograph" (which really is just a picture printed on cardboard. I was hoping for something along the lines of the Soul Calibur 2 litho). I've had little time to play the game, but what I've played so far ain't half bad. I'm sure I'll enjoy it better once I have more time and I actually figure out what I'm doing!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2004, 08:52:38 AM »
I still haven't found a copy yet which makes my "I never have to pre-order" post look pretty dumb.  It's not that they're all sold out, none of the stores in my area have even gotten it in.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2004, 04:37:36 PM »
Well I live in a very small town and the nearest k-mart has 5 copies in.  The stores in my area take a long while before they usually get that many copies.  I had to drive 3 hours to find Harvest Moon.  Thats werid
PikkCuber