Author Topic: THQ Ships NicktoonsT to Retail  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
THQ Ships NicktoonsT to Retail
« on: October 24, 2006, 10:11:10 AM »
Control any of your favorite Nicktoons chracters, from SpongeBob to Danny Phantom.

NICKELODEON'S MOST TREASURED TV CHARACTERS ARE TOGETHER AGAIN IN THQ'S NICKTOONS™: BATTLE FOR VOLCANO ISLAND VIDEO GAME    

Favorite Characters from "SpongeBob SquarePants," "Danny Phantom," "Jimmy Neutron" and "The Fairly OddParents" All Featured in the Latest Interactive Nicktoons Adventure

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - October 24, 2006 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced Nicktoons™: Battle for Volcano Island for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™ and Game Boy® Advance has shipped to retail outlets throughout North America.  The game features stars from four of Nickelodeon's most popular shows, including "SpongeBob SquarePants," "Danny Phantom," "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius" and "The Fairly OddParents". Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island is rated "E" for everyone and is now available at a suggested retail price of $39.99 for console systems and $29.99 for handheld systems.    

"The release of last year's Nicktoons Unite! quickly took the brand to a top 10 ranking among licensed kids' video game properties and has proven to be incredibly successful  with more than one million units shipped to date," said John Ardell, director of global brand management, THQ.  "We're very pleased to be building on this brand with a new adventure for fans of these wildly popular Nickelodeon shows."    

"Each of the shows included in Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island are among the top animated shows for kids on television," said Paul Jelinek, vice president of digital media products, Nickelodeon and MTVN Kids and Family Group.  "We are thrilled to bring the characters from four of our most popular shows together again, adding to our exciting THQ video game offerings."    

About Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island    

In Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island, players will assume the role of up to six playable characters including SpongeBob SquarePants, Danny Phantom, Timmy Turner, Patrick Star, Sandy Cheeks and Samantha Mason. Players can join or leave the game at any time in multi-player and unlock bonus levels and costumes.  Players choose their favorite characters and combine their unique weapons and powers to stop the ancient evil Mawgu, who has threatened to take control of Volcano Island.  Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island features single or two-player game play, new enemies and villains, as well as a brand new combat system with multiple styles of fighting.  Fans can upgrade the powers and weapons of their favorite characters to battle untold dangers, hideous creatures, and toxic ooze.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!