Author Topic: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney  (Read 16007 times)

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 05:21:36 PM »
Hmmm, anyone else find it funny that the new TV series "Lie to Me" is all about a character that can sense when someone is lying via their subtle actions.... each time I see the commercial they claim the "original" concept (OBJECTION!) and I have to chuckle.  I mean it's kind of true, but at the same time...

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 05:26:45 AM »
I won't go as far as to say that this is a terrible game, but it's severly lacking compared to the original trilogy. I'm holding back the urge to write about the flaws... that would be a long post.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 09:54:26 AM »
Yeah it had some odd points, still enjoyed playing it though.  Primary big things that were strange was the jumping around (those who played will know what I mean without giving too much away) in the final chapter - I know what they were trying to do but it was handled poorly.  Second was some of the dialog, especially that when Apollo used his "Sense" ability to check for lies.  He'd always come out of it like "I saw you do X, why are you lying to me?" and they would crack.  I would have rather seen the protagonist put the person on the spot and really drill into him, ask the tough questions and perhaps even dig up some evidence along the way.

Basically, after perceiving the lie, you'd go into a psyche-lock type scenario .... without the damn locks which were just superficial anyways.

Come to think about it, the whole bracelet thing is a non-automatic version of the mag-whatever Phoenix had.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 10:51:37 AM »
Yeah except the bracelet was only used in court so they had to return to giving you "health" refills after court sessions instead of forcing you to accumulate them from psyche locks (which consumed health but couldn't kill you so they felt like a stupid waste of health).

What I considered stupid about this whole MASON thing was that it violated causality, you could get the nail paint in the present and then show it to a character 7 years in the past (yet the game wouldn't let you take the damn nail paint that was in the same room even though you know fully well that it's what you need). I could have understood if Phoenix had just pointed at the paint in the room and the thing from the future was just a "reminder" (well, an unlock to let you bring the topic up) but he actually says he has a bottle with him that looks like the one on the table.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 11:03:16 AM »
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 07:34:16 PM »
So, I've played the original Phoenix Wright trilogy, and I'm really wanting to get Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, but I haven't played Apollo Justice. Will I be missing out on story stuff if I don't play Apollo Justice before AAI:ME?
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 09:32:13 PM »
Not at all.

Well, I haven't beaten AAI:ME yet, but I'm a few cases in and it seems to be mostly self contained.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MoronSonOfBoron

• Little Black Rain Cloud
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
    • moronsonofboron @ deviantART
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 09:04:03 PM »
AAI:ME is pretty self-contained, as is AJ... but AJ has a very weak story in itself, considering the lengths they went to to shoehorn certain things in. Until now, I would only recommend AJ for fans and completionists.
Eat lightning and crap thunder.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
Both are self contained.  AAI:ME is a large step up in terms of interface.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »
I'm going to do to some poor sucker what this thread just did to me;

get their hopes up about some possible new Apollo Justice announcement :(
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2011, 11:07:33 PM »
Well I got Apollo Justice AND Miles Edgeworth, I'm working through AJ now. I like it just fine, so far it's not significantly worse than the previous games (except that the Klavier Gavin character is pretty lame so far), but man, has there even been a game outside of the Leisure Suit Larry series that has used the word "panties" so much?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2011, 11:09:22 PM »
it was funny the first three times then it just got awkward..
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2011, 11:21:25 PM »
Yeah, it's very strange.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2011, 11:23:54 PM »
I want to tell you that it ends up having a significant role in the plot, but honestly I don't remember much about the game anymore. just deal with the panties, please.