Author Topic: New Club Nintendo Awards Released  (Read 5392 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
New Club Nintendo Awards Released
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »
Grill Off - 80 coins
Mario poster set - 350 coins
Game & Watch 2 - 800 coins
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: New Club Nintendo Rewards up NOW
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
Thanks for the tip, man!

I'm going go get myself some Grill Off, write up a news story on it, then start filling out my list of surveys for G&W Collection 2.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 01:05:57 PM »
oh shits, two things I want in that set.... which is very relevant because I've only wanted 1 thing total to this point.

And I have enough coins for both. :)
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
New Club Nintendo Awards Released
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 06:07:42 AM »
Use your hard-earned coins for an exclusive WiiWare game, the second DS Game & Watch Collection, or a trio of Mario posters.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=22827

Nintendo revealed three new rewards for their Club Nintendo program: a WiiWare title called Grill Off with Ultra Hand!, Game & Watch Collection 2 for DS, and three Mario posters.    

Club Nintendo is Nintendo's reward program for their customers that allow them to collect coins by purchasing games and performing surveys. These coins can then be redeemed for different items.    

The first new item is Grill Off with Ultra Hand!, an exclusive WiiWare title that originally came out in Japan a few months ago. For 80 coins, players can receive a download code for the game, which is a fast-paced game involving cooking and Nintendo's classic pre-video games toy, the Ultra Hand. There is a single-player and a multiplayer mode, and it uses the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.    

PXO

G&WC2 Box Art

Octopus

The second one is Game & Watch Collection 2, which is the second DS Game & Watch game to be featured in the program. In the latest game, players can try out Parachute and Octopus, two of Nintendo's Game & Watch titles from the early 1980s. They can also play Parachute X Octopus, which combines the two games and features modern graphics. This reward is available for 800 coins.    

Mario Poster 3  

Mario Poster 2

Mario Poster 1

The final reward is a set of three Mario posters. One features the history of Mario, beginning with his humble beginnings in Super Mario Bros. and going all the way up to last fall's New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The second poster features a drawing of Mario and a good deal of the series' cast. The final poster focuses on the man himself. The three posters are available for 350 coins.    

Thanks to Uncle Bob for the tip!

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 01:09:10 PM »
I already had one of the three, and had more than enough points for the other two - so yay!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
I already had one of the three, and had more than enough points for the other two - so yay!

I kind of want the G&W Collection. I picked up the other two, though.

I need to go on a survey rampage to get G&W Collection...
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 01:16:08 PM »
Got Game & Watch ordered.  Hopefully I got in fast enough to be towards the front of the queue so I will get it as early as possible.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 01:19:51 PM »
I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed in the poster. Why do a sprite for Mario 1, but not for 2, 3, or world?

It would have been better if each depiction was actually their in game version.  64 should be all blocky.

I guess they didn't do that for the Zelda one either, but for some reason that one just worked better.
---------------------

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: New Club Nintendo Awards Released
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 01:36:17 PM »
Got Game & Watch ordered.  Hopefully I got in fast enough to be towards the front of the queue so I will get it as early as possible.

G&W2 isn't anything to get too excited over.  Octopus and Parachute are fun, yes, but the x title leaves something to be desired.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 01:36:56 PM »
I apologize for mucking this talkback thread up.  I tried to merge it with UB's original thread. Caused all sorts of issues.

My bad.  The convo can carry on though!
---------------------

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 01:37:52 PM »
The Moderation Log doesn't specify--did UncleBob actually post this in the TalkBack section or did Pale move it when we merged the threads? 
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 01:44:03 PM »
I was confused since I clicked on this through the Nintendo Console Forum and ended up in a Talkback thread somehow.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 01:47:15 PM »
Wow, the Mario one is pretty pimp. I'd get it just for that middle poster.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 01:48:37 PM »
The Moderation Log doesn't specify--did UncleBob actually post this in the TalkBack section or did Pale move it when we merged the threads? 

I did nothing! ;)

I thought for a brief moment about posting this in Talkback, but then decided against it. ;)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 01:54:04 PM »
Club Nintendo really needs to do Post-Rewards surveys (maybe worth 10 coins, if that).  Basically, once you claim a reward, you get two weeks (after it ships) and a survey will pop up about the reward asking things about why you chose to redeem for this item.  Do you really like Game & Watch games, or did you think it might be worth something later?  Or do you plan to sell it now?  Do you actually plan on hanging those posters up?  All three of them - or just one?  Keeping those bookmarks for yourself or giving them to your niece?  Did you get the Animal Crossing cards because you want more Animal Crossing stuff or because you wanted the cards themselves?

I really think this would help Nintendo do a better job at targeting what kinds of rewards we members want.  Hell, I think if we could all tell Nintendo that we like the "History of..." posters, we could get the next three poster set to consist of three "History of..." posters.  Metroid, Donkey Kong and... umm... Wario?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 01:55:19 PM »
He did this in Console Discussion. I had the grand idea of merging and then posting a redirect topic.

I then broke everything and had to get Aaron to fix it.
---------------------

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 02:01:22 PM »
He did this in Console Discussion. I had the grand idea of merging and then posting a redirect topic.

I then broke everything and had to get Aaron to fix it.
LOL

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 03:34:09 PM »
OK I give in, i'm turning in my 800 coins, getting this set of posters and the Zelda one.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 08:22:43 PM »
I bought Japanese versions of the two G&W Collections a long time ago.  They're half-ass efforts, though not as half-assed as the usual US Club Nintendo offerings.  Seriously, they aren't even trying.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:01:58 PM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 11:00:48 PM »
How are they less half-assed than the JPN games?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 07:08:43 PM »
I just got the first G&W a bit ago. Now I can start finishing surveys to get the second.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 01:26:42 PM »
Second Game & Watch already arrived!  At least they are shipping things out quickly now.  I waited a month for the first game to get shipped.

http://twitpic.com/1dfmdl

What I'm wondering is whether or not these games will become pointless given the onslaught of DSiWare G&W games.
---------------------

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »
The Collections can be played on DS and DS Lites as well as DSi and DSi XL. There is also the that Nintendo could add stuff (Game & Watch Collection 2 features a brand new game that basically combines the other two games together).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 08:09:45 PM »
Why do a sprite for Mario 1, but not for 2, 3, or world?
If I remember rightly, the original Super Mario Brothers didn't have any artwork, the box and manual also used an in-game sprite. Every other Mario image there was taken from each game's box or manual.

That middle poster is pretty good, I've always liked a hand-drawn style better than a computer-generated style like the left poster. I might get these, since nothing else really interests me, and I have plenty of coins. Now I just need to figure out for which games the artwork was used, I know I've seen most of those images before...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 08:17:15 PM »
Why do a sprite for Mario 1, but not for 2, 3, or world?
If I remember rightly, the original Super Mario Brothers didn't have any artwork, the box and manual also used an in-game sprite. Every other Mario image there was taken from each game's box or manual.

I didn't realize that until I read your comment. I just looked and you are right, all of those Mario pics in the third poster are taking Mario from the how he looked on the box in each game. The pic of Mario on the box for Super Mario Bros. was a pixel image (as was the tradition for most NES game released in the first year of the systems release in North America).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »
They messed up though and took the Super Mario Advance art instead of the SMB2 art.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report