Author Topic: The Great Pre-Wii U Backlog Saga  (Read 26273 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Pre-Wii U Backlog Saga
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2012, 06:45:57 PM »
Actually Josh % of beaten games is higher than yours Insane so wouldn't that make you the collector and him the gamer?

Of course Josh added multiple generations together, hell if I did my list would be HUGE as well.  70 games/year by 30 years of gaming=roughly 2100 titles.  That's playing 5 or 6 games per month.   

I said intent; I bought every one of those games intending to play it, and Josh seemed to indicate that he bought games just to collect them. Also, my completion percentage would be higher, but at a certain point I stopped adding games that I'd beaten because I was tired of entering things and wanted to be finished quicker.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2012, 08:05:06 PM »
I tried out Backloggery once before but then found it to be too much work, everything must be done manually. I liked GameFAQs My Games page better because games could be easily added and maintained with mouse clicks, but then the update happened and now the layout of it all is much worse.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
My number 5 was a multitude of events that all started with school.  I lost a chunk of my income going part time.  Then I got engaged and subsequently married.  Then I finished school and went back to full time, but the wife couldn't get a job so one income for two people.  Then we had a kid.  One of these days I'll make a backloggery account and see where I'm at. 

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2012, 06:18:04 PM »
Actually Josh % of beaten games is higher than yours Insane so wouldn't that make you the collector and him the gamer?

Of course Josh added multiple generations together, hell if I did my list would be HUGE as well.  70 games/year by 30 years of gaming=roughly 2100 titles.  That's playing 5 or 6 games per month.   

I said intent; I bought every one of those games intending to play it, and Josh seemed to indicate that he bought games just to collect them. Also, my completion percentage would be higher, but at a certain point I stopped adding games that I'd beaten because I was tired of entering things and wanted to be finished quicker.

Well, honestly, I use Backloggery for both keeping track of what I'm playing AND my collection. Though I'm well aware that I most likely will never play through a good chunk of those games... who would have the time?

If you're using backloggery for gameplay purposes, I certainly cede victory to you, my good man. I was just trying to be a smartass earlier. ;)

On topic: I liked Epic Mickey enough that I put up with its many shortcomings, but I do hope the sequel is MUCH better.

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2012, 07:17:16 AM »
My bcklog is too long to list here, if anyone else has a backloggery account, see it here:
http://backloggery.com/XCWarrior

I just want to say I just finished Epic Mickey myself and really enjoyed the game. Did not have nearly the amount of the camera issues mentioned in this article. I guess after beating SM64 4 times, any camera after that is nothing.

I am trying to get my backlog in better shape, and am doing OK in that regard. If I can get it to less than 25% unbeaten (currently 28.4% with 419 games) I'll take that as a short term victory.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline Anth0ny

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »
My backlog is relatively small for the Wii gen. It was the first gen where I had a job, and could buy games at will.

The backlog:

Xenoblade
Megaman 10
World of Goo

360/PS3 backlogs, on the other hand...

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »
I posted my first backlog update.

I'm actually running into an issue of having too many other games I want to play across nearly every other system I own to keep the pressure on my Wii backlog. Between PSPlus, 3DS, Vita, and some XBLA titles, I'm super backed up.

My Non-Wii backlog is currently: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (playing), Kingdom Hearts 3D (bought; haven't touched), Sound Shapes (bought; played a little), Wipeout Vita, Spelunky HD, THPS HD, The Walking Dead, Skate 3, Infamous, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, etc., etc.

Maybe this light fall is for the best...
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2012, 12:59:20 AM »
I'm super backed up.

Sounds like you need a video gaming laxative to get things moving again.
is your sanity...

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2012, 03:46:03 PM »
Glad you liked ED Danny! Oh, and um... may the rats eat your eyes. ^_^
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »
Hands up who triple-completed Eternal Darkness back in the day and got the alternate title screen! *raises hand*  ;D
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »
Hands up who triple-completed Eternal Darkness back in the day and got the alternate title screen! *raises hand*  ;D

I only beat the game once, but really want to play this again sometime. Great fun. Just the sound effects creeped my wife right out, and she made me promise not to play while she was home.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2012, 09:21:58 AM »

It's totally unnecesary to have beaten the game 3 times over, but it's also something I feel really proud to have done.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2012, 09:29:43 AM »
*raises hand* I did it! I did it! Man, I loved Eternal Darkness back in the day.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »
My friend is still pissed at me because I spoiled the third-ending reveal.

But yea, I did it.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2012, 05:04:50 PM »
Added my latest update

Has anyone else had the same issue that I did with Bully (in that or another game)? Man, I remember liking motion controls like that a lot more a few years ago...
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline DarthBrady

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Another Crappy Blog
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2012, 05:19:30 PM »
@ Neal:

Yes, I had the same problem with Bully and the Wii's controls. I first tried the game at release on PS2, I thought the Wii release would show improvement - but it didn't. The controls were quite imprecise. I later picked up the Scholarship Edition on Xbox 360, it is the definitive version for me. It's much more playable.

Also, I have a launch Wii too. My Wii has suffered the disc problem more than once. Nintendo replaced it twice. I know one other person with a launch Wii - same problem. After the 2nd Repair it happened again and I learned something: those wii cleaning kits will fix the problem. Every time Metroid prime Trilogy or Smash Bros. wont play I clean the drive and presto! it plays again on the first try.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:26:13 PM by DarthBrady »

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2012, 05:35:06 PM »
Totally agree with you on the Wii version of Bully. Way too much waggle. I also found the framerate to be pretty awful. Those two things combined with the generally dated feel of the game prevented me from wanting to complete it (although I did play it for around 10 hours or so). I'm not really an open world guy anyway, so this was never likely to be my sort of game.
Gouge away.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2012, 12:57:33 AM »
Yes, I had the same problem with Bully and the Wii's controls. I first tried the game at release on PS2, I thought the Wii release would show improvement - but it didn't. The controls were quite imprecise. I later picked up the Scholarship Edition on Xbox 360, it is the definitive version for me. It's much more playable.

I heard the 360 version was buggy. Did it get patched or is it tolerable enough to go through it?
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline DarthBrady

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Another Crappy Blog
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »
I personally didn't have any problems with it. I also got it for 4$ on PC via a steam sale too, I can verify it was less buggy than that version. (The PC version had glitchy controls for me and I was using a 360 controller) That's why I called the 360 the definitive version for me, it runs & controls better than Wii and controls a little smoother than the PC.

I'm known for being picky about a game being "tolerable" and I enjoyed it. All this talk about it makes me want to put it in my 360 and play it again  ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:17:22 PM by DarthBrady »

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2012, 11:34:07 PM »
Nights: Journey of Dreams is not a great game, and parts of it are pretty much terrible. But it's short, and well worth playing through if only for the final level, which is one of the best video game levels I've ever played.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2012, 02:37:17 PM »
I'm going to finish Kirby Epic Yarn, Sonic Colora, Xenoblade, and goldeneye.
Sonic Cholera. There's a game I want to play!  ;)
Oui, Mon Gars!