Author Topic: Is Nintendo Really Smarter Than They Let On?  (Read 7758 times)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Is Nintendo Really Smarter Than They Let On?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2003, 09:37:55 AM »
I haven't kept abreast of F-zero.  Sorry.

As for the game selling. . . most GC owners, and perhaps a few others, seemed very hyped up about this game.  It doesn't interest me too much, but depending on how things work out and how good the game looks, I might possibly get it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Mingesium

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2003, 10:23:58 AM »
I can see F-Zero being bump up to being one of Nintendo's 1st tier franchises (Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart). The game is just jaw dropping. This game has the flash that Denis Dyack said Nintendo and Silicon Knights needs in their games. Being a racing game, the game would appeal more to casual gamers. Also, being multiplayer is a big plus. I think that F-Zero has a chance to outsell Zelda this year, but Mario Kart will be the best selling GameCube game this year.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2003, 11:18:53 AM »
If F-zero outsells Zelda I'll be pissed.  But I suspect it will be a good game. . . in my opinion, Nintendo doesn't need flash if they're better at every other thing (and this is just assuming you're right about them actually needing more of it), but it looks fun.  F-zero will get better and better as consoles and technology progress.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2003, 11:22:30 AM »
i wont be pissed if fzero out sells zelda, more money for nintendo

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2003, 11:25:59 AM »
Sega made (most) of the game.  I imagine the profits will be split.  It's just obvious to me that so much more was put into Wind Waker.

Offline BadBreathBear

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2003, 02:27:38 PM »
If they market F-Zero with a lot of flash, it's bound to do good (Flash sells). I can imagine something where the ad starts out inside one of the vehicles ( Probably Captain Falcon ) where one of the drivers gives another one a dirty look. Then the race starts and you see from inside the cockpit how fast everything's moving outside. Finally the commercial switches to the real game with the heavy techno music pumping.

Something along that line would definitely get my attention.