Author Topic: Mega Man 9 Confirmed for WiiWare  (Read 17443 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Man 9 Confirmed for WiiWare
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »
coming to wiiware this xmas: OLD Super Mario Bros 4
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 10:48:39 PM »
Is this news America? Because **** YEAH!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »
I just hope that the game features non-8 bit music.  Not because I think they had bad music in the old games, those games have good music.  However, if people were satisfied with the 8-bit versions of those songs we wouldn't have OC Remix.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 11:41:55 PM »
I am kind of disapointed that the game has 8 bit graphics. It seems too restrictive.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 11:43:07 PM »
How do you have a female robot master anyway?  They're robots.

Um, they had a girl robot in the old MM games, I forgot her name. Also Transformers got along fine with having female robots. Blackarachnia and Night Bird are two of the most popular female characters in the series not to mention Arcee. Oh and this game looks awesome guys so yeah.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 11:52:33 PM »

Um, they had a girl robot in the old MM games, I forgot her name. Also Transformers got along fine with having female robots. Blackarachnia and Night Bird are two of the most popular female characters in the series not to mention Arcee. Oh and this game looks awesome guys so yeah.

Geesh I already said the name, her name is Roll!

Offline ATimson

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 12:00:34 AM »
Hey, question for you Mega-philes. When I pop Mega Man Anniversary Collection (or X Collection) into my Wii, it gets to the main game's internal menus just fine, but when I start one of the actual games, the screen goes black. I can hear the sound--I know the game is playing, but I can't see anything. Could this be caused by my component cables?
Not so much the component cables if you can see the menu, but your LCD TV not understanding 240-line resolution.
Grr. Argh.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 12:26:44 AM »
I am kind of disapointed that the game has 8 bit graphics. It seems too restrictive.

The game MAY look 8-bit, but is NOT running on an 8-bit system. What I am saying is that while the game may look 8-bit since its running on an next gen console we could be seeing some mind blowing stuff using the classic style. Think of it as the NES being on super potent steroids.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 12:27:57 AM »
coming to wiiware this xmas: OLD Super Mario Bros 4

Wasn't Super Mario World marketed as Super Mario Bros. 4 in Japan?

The game MAY look 8-bit, but is NOT running on an 8-bit system. What I am saying is that while the game may look 8-bit since its running on an next gen console we could be seeing some mind blowing stuff using the classic style. Think of it as the NES being on super potent steroids.

I'm thinking something like Four Swords Adventures was on the GCN.  It really has the SNES feel, but has several effects that couldn't be done on the SNES...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 12:31:40 AM »

You are probably right, but it would be hilarious (and sad) if it had 8-Bit only visuals combined with some of the slowdown found in the 8-Bit MM games. :)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 12:34:04 AM »

Geesh I already said the name, her name is Roll!

Don't worry I read your posts ;)
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 01:18:40 AM »

I know they want to evoke memories of the early Mega Man games (2 to be specific).  However, 16-bit graphics could allow for a lot more artistic flourishes.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 01:24:16 AM »
I've never played any of the 8,000 Mega Man games ever. I would buy one immediately if it came to the VC, but only Europe has gotten them so far. Even without having played them, I realize how huge this is and how big a win this is for Nintendo in hyping the WiiWare service.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 01:32:10 AM »
I think developers could thrive under the restrictions of what was possible on the NES.  My favorite Wii game- Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros 2. 

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 01:52:21 AM »
Well the NES-style graphics (and probably sound) will make production quicker and keep costs down, which will result in higher profits. Keep in mind that this is sort of a risky release--it is tough to gauge the interest in a series whose core lineage has been done for over a decade. I think if MM9 is profitable enough, it will encourage Capcom (and other companies) to invest higher funds into these type of game revitalizations.

I personally love older technology (I was just cleaning up an Apple IIc earlier today and trying to find a compatible power supply) and find vintage gaming to have a special charm. I'm sure many game developers feel the same way, and this project will certainly be fun for them to work on.

I'm all for flash drive game saves, though.

Thanks for listening.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 09:47:10 AM »
I just hope that the game features non-8 bit music.  Not because I think they had bad music in the old games, those games have good music.  However, if people were satisfied with the 8-bit versions of those songs we wouldn't have OC Remix.

I thought it would be totally retro with 8-bit style music. I wouldnt mind some non 8-bit versions in the game (like menus for instance) but the levels MUST have 8-bit music to me. Besides, if they tunes are good in 8-bit the great people behind OCRemixes have some new-older stuff to re-invent!

The remixes of the older stuff is the best they have, why would i want to hear remixed music of something from like GC era and up?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 10:53:12 AM »

The interview in NP says it will have 8 bit style music.  Like the graphics, I think they can do things within that style that the original hardware couldn't actually do.  The simplest example would be not dropping instruments from the music to play sound effects, but they could also have more sound channels and fewer limitations on those channels.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »
I wonder if that's reason nough for a Bob & George revival.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 03:16:54 PM »
Hey, question for you Mega-philes. When I pop Mega Man Anniversary Collection (or X Collection) into my Wii, it gets to the main game's internal menus just fine, but when I start one of the actual games, the screen goes black. I can hear the sound--I know the game is playing, but I can't see anything. Could this be caused by my component cables?
Not so much the component cables if you can see the menu, but your LCD TV not understanding 240-line resolution.

So I'm screwed?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 06:52:01 PM »
I'm not to big on the NES graphics.

Specific to you guys.

8-bit was awesome.  After that they kiddified him and all the characters or give him the super Big Bobble Head ACTION...
I know they want to evoke memories of the early Mega Man games (2 to be specific).  However, 16-bit graphics could allow for a lot more artistic flourishes.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2008, 08:04:56 PM »
I am sorry Golden Phoenix, I read your post but it wasn't clear you were replying to that, I forgot her name so I thought you were mentioning something about the tornado gun cuz you quoted that part of his post also.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 01:44:50 AM »
I wonder how much they'll really obey the 8bit restrictions. The Homestar Runner website has plenty of games that emulate an 8bit style but aren't entirely there since they add stuff like gradients and colors that weren't part of any 16 color pallette.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 09:58:37 AM »
The screens we've seen already look like they're pushing more colors at once than the NES games.  It's not showy, but there' more variation.