Author Topic: GameCube #6 - Whoo!  (Read 5900 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
GameCube #6 - Whoo!
« on: February 11, 2011, 10:11:28 PM »
So, I stopped at a Goodwill store tonight - and I found... a GameCube... for $5!  Sadly, there was no controllers/cables with it, but it's a black -001 with all the port covers on the bottom and such... I had to give it a good home.  This little system was originally sold on December 19, 2003 with the Zelda Collector's Edition disc (shame that didn't come with it!).  It was purchased at the Zeller's in Pincourt, QuĂ©bec (my second international GameCube!). On Jan 19th 2004, it went to Nintendo for repair/refurbishment.  Very short turn around time there.  It left Nintendo's loving arms once more on Feb 9th, 2004 and went to a GameStop in St. Louis (Galleria Mall, to be exact) where it was pretty quickly sold on March 17th, 2004.  Sometime between then and today, it ended up at the Goodwill in Marion, Illinois where I purchased it. :D

Also, they had a Nintendo 64 - again, with no cables/controllers, for only $4.  This one has the memory expansion pak with it - whoo!  It was originally sold by Best Buy (unknown where from) on November 10th, 1997.  It was one of those packs that came with the gray and clear/purple controller.

All Nintendo products should come and live with me. :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:17:03 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: GameCube #6 - Whoo!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:54:21 PM »
How do you know where the Gamecubes came from?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 12:02:57 AM »
Maybe it came with a ledger or history sheet.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 12:13:16 AM »
I have a... source.

Pretty much any system N64-on, I can look up where it was purchased.  Sometimes, additional info is provided.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 12:14:49 AM »
Am I the only one frightened by this?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 12:24:17 AM »
The Wal-Mart must be giving him powers, powers beyond our wildest dreams.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 12:29:06 AM »
Two of my six Game Boy Colors (that have serial numbers - I've got one that doesn't...) come up in the system.  Nothing before that does.  Neither does my Virtual Boy.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 02:14:49 AM »
Two things:
First, I created a list of all my Nintendo systems (along with my Game Boy Cameras/Printers, as they have individual serial numbers) and looked everything up.  While many of the older numbers are recognized in the system (and pull up a description), the oldest item that actually shows me the sales data is my Game Boy Printer, sold 8/20/00.

Second - with the N64 and the GameCube I purchased today, I now have... exactly 50 Nintendo systems (not including the Cameras/Printers).  Whoo!
NES
NES
NES
NES 2
SNES
SNES Mini
Nintendo 64
Nintendo 64
Nintendo 64
GameCube (Indigo)
GameCube (Indigo)
GameCube (Black)
GameCube (Indigo)
GameCube (Black)
Panasonic Q
Wii (White)
Wii (Black)
Wii (Red)
Virtual Boy (Broken)
Virtual Boy
Game Boy
Game Boy
Game Boy
Game Boy
Game Boy (Red)
Game Boy (Green)
Game Boy Light
Game Boy Pocket (Silver)
Game Boy Pocket (Red)
Game Boy Color (Grape – Dev)
Game Boy Color (Grape)
Game Boy Color (Grape)
Game Boy Color (Teal)
Game Boy Color (Grape)
Game Boy Color (Atomic Purple)
Game Boy Color (Atomic Purple)
Game Boy Color (Grape – Dev)
Game Boy Color (Green)
Game Boy Advance (Indigo)
Game Boy Advance (Glacier)
GBA SP (Blue)
GBA SP (NES)
Game Boy micro (Black)
Game Boy micro (Famicom)
Game Boy micro (Famicom)
DS (Silver)
DS Lite (White)
DSi (Black)
DSi (Black)
DsiXL (Bronze)

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 02:25:09 AM »
If I PM you my Wii number then could you find out about it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 02:32:16 AM »
If I PM you my Wii number then could you find out about it.

If you send me the entire serial number, I can look it up.  No promises it'll show up, but most the new stuff I check does...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 02:54:39 AM »
Your's was a White Wii that was produced after Nintendo started including the Wii Remote sleeves in the boxes.  It was purchased from the GameStop in Louisville, Kentucky on October 2nd, 2008.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 03:31:43 AM »
Your's was a White Wii that was produced after Nintendo started including the Wii Remote sleeves in the boxes.  It was purchased from the GameStop in Louisville, Kentucky on October 2nd, 2008.

How did you do that? Can you do individual games?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 03:33:50 AM by Kytim89 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 03:53:52 AM »
Place your payment on the table and then look into his crystal ball
and using the power of the mystic arts, he will tell you the past of your console.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 10:56:35 AM »

How did you do that? Can you do individual games?
Magic and no.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 01:23:51 PM »
I have a Gameboy pocket with a serial number of mgb-001.

See what you find out about it, UncleBob.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »
I have a Gameboy pocket with a serial number of mgb-001.

See what you find out about it, UncleBob.
That's not a serial number, that's the model number...

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 03:18:32 PM »
I doesn't work with games because games don't have serial numbers, yet...
Every gamesystem sold probably by anyone other than mom and pop shop has its serial number scanned by the cashier when it walks out the door. It could potentially out stolen merchandise.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 05:50:22 PM »
Poor Nintendo Reps... They probably dread getting e-mails from me...
Hello!

I'm sure you don't much care, but I wanted to brag to someone and no one else cares either, so you get the message.  Congratulations, random Nintendo e-mail reading rep!

Anyway, I was at a Goodwill, looking when, what do I see?  A Nintendo 64!  Sadly, no power cord/AV Cable or controllers, but the little guy dd come with the expansion pak and he was only $4, so what the heck?  Why not give him a good home, ya know?

Looking some more... I find a pretty black GameCube!  An -001 model, again without any cables or controllers - but all the little covers were on the bottom... and only $5!  Because I never know when I'll need a sixth GameCube, I grabbed him as well.  Interesting story, looking into it, this little guy was originally sold at a Zellers in Pincourt, QuĂ©bec, Canada on 12/19/2003 (as part of one of those awesome Zelda Collector's Edition bundles - if only it had that disc with it!).  Looks like he then was returned to the store shortly afterwards where he traveled to y'all for repair, then was shipped out to a GameStop in St. Louis, where he was purchased and eventually made his way to the Goodwill in Marion, Illinois where I found him.  He's got a good home here.  Now, all I have to do is reunite him with a power cord, an AV cable (perhaps a set of component cables, but after 5 sets, those get expensive - and hard to find!) and a broadband adapter for Mario Kart (and, I suppose, a 6th copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash...).

So, what's the point of all this?  Well, to let you know, I now have 50 - yes, 50 Nintendo systems!  Heck yeah!

<list from above>

...and, pretty soon, #51 (heck, could be #52, knowing me...) the Nintendo 3DS!  But that's a whole different story!

Anywhoo, just had to celebrate #50 with someone and thought that you might care.  You probably don't, but at least pretend like you do for me, would ya?  It really makes my day when someone at Nintendo acknowledges my obsession for y'all.  It's kind of unhealthy, really.  But I do love y'all anyway.

Thanks for reading!  -Richard

Hi Richard,

On behalf of Nintendo, I wanted to tell you how much we appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your recent "great" finds for the Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube.  But, it's amazing to hear how much you are enjoying "50" of our Nintendo products.

Your opinions are very important to us; as such, I have forwarded your comments to our other departments so that they can get a chance to hear what our fans are saying!

Barbara Soules
Nintendo of America Inc.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »
Hahahaha that just awesome, UncleBob. Not only did you go out of your way to tell them your story, they actually replied.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 07:55:25 PM »
This is why 3DS games are going to increase in price.  Not because they cost more to create, but because Nintendo has to employ additional customer service reps to deal with this kind of ****.  Quit wasting their valuable time!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 02:01:58 PM »
Congrats UB, I've had less success getting a Nintendo comment then you.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 10:54:57 PM »
Bob, prepare to get some awesome free stuff from Nintendo. Also, after reading this I went to the local Good Will...only video game related items were some old Sega Sports Genesis games and a couple wired Xbox 360 Rock band drum sets.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 11:38:42 PM »
Congrats UB, I've had less success getting a Nintendo comment then you.

You should make me NWR Media Relations director. :D

Bob, prepare to get some awesome free stuff from Nintendo. Also, after reading this I went to the local Good Will...only video game related items were some old Sega Sports Genesis games and a couple wired Xbox 360 Rock band drum sets.
Yeah, I rarely have any luck finding anything good at Goodwill.  Pure dumb luck, this was.  Probably won't be getting anything free from Nintendo anytime soon - except for my Game and Watch/Club Nintendo reward...