Author Topic: EA Acquires NuFX  (Read 2185 times)

Offline LassePalle

• PGC Staff Writer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
EA Acquires NuFX
« on: February 13, 2004, 06:59:15 AM »
The developer behind NBA Street, NuFX, has been swallowed by the ever-increasing giant that is EA.

NUFX JOINS EA WORLDWIDE STUDIOS

Long-Time Development Partner on NBA STREET and EA SPORTS Fight Night 2004 Acquired By EA

Redwood City, Calif February 13, 2004 – Electronic Arts today announced the acquisition of NuFX, a critically-acclaimed developer of basketball and other sports games. The developer and its employees will remain in Hoffman Estates, IL.  Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

NuFX is known primarily for development on EA’s blockbuster NBA STREET franchise and currently is finishing the eagerly-awaited EA SPORTS ™Fight Night 2004, due this spring.  NuFX also partnered with Electronic Arts on versions of EA’s NCAA® March Madness™, NBA LIVE and FIFA Soccer franchises.  

“It’s an exciting opportunity to add NuFX’s talented development team to the high-performing teams at EA,” said John Schappert, EA Senior Vice President and General Manager.  â€śWe have worked closely with NuFX’s team for the past eleven years and are thrilled to have them become part of EA.  The team is already working on its next project that will be announced at a later date.”  

“EA and NuFX have worked on 15 games together and this deal solidifies that EA is committed to growing this development studio and will continue to provide us with the best tools and creative direction to make great EA games,” said Lou Haehn, NuFX President.

â€śAfter working so closely with EA for many years, it is a great opportunity for the team here at NuFX now to have all the advantages of being a fully integrated part of EA’s worldwide studio system,” said Patrick Quinn, Head of Product Development for NuFX.  

EA is the world’s leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment.  EA makes games for all major platforms and in calendar 2003 had 27 titles that sold more than one million units worldwide, including NBA STREET Vol. 2, which sold more than 1.5million units.  

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: EA Acquires NuFX
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 03:25:17 PM »
[Insert conspiracy theory of EA's bid to buy out all developers here]
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE:EA Acquires NuFX
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 03:37:39 PM »
EA? Power hungry? Naaaaaaaaaaw!!!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 04:56:57 PM »
I wish the Business2 article was still online. I liked to link to it when EA fanboys became too apologetic. Larry Probst scares me.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
EA are getting too big, it is scaring me....

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 07:58:43 PM »
-Run, children I'll hold it off!
-Why are we running?
- It'll absorb you! Run damn you!
- What will absorb us?
- E - A!
-Noooo!