Author Topic: Tiger Tees Off  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Tiger Tees Off
« on: September 23, 2005, 05:37:32 PM »
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 is now in stores.

New Dual Analog Swing and Putting Mechanics Allow for More Precision and  Control        

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., September 22, 2005 - Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:  ERTS) announced today that Tiger Woods PGA TOUR(r) 06, the newest  videogame from the best selling golf franchise, featuring new dual  analog swing and putting mechanics, has shipped to retailers nationwide  and is available for the PlayStation(r)2 computer entertainment system,  Xbox(r) video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(tm) and PC  under the EA SPORTS(tm) brand.  A version for the PSP(tm)  (PlayStation(r)Portable) system will ship on September 26.      

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 offers all new gameplay challenges with the  introduction of the dual analog swing*. Using the left analog stick to  execute the swing, and the right analog stick, called the "Shape Stick",  to focus on the impact point allows players to help shape their shots  with spin and trajectory.  This new control also extends to putting  where players will need to read the green and then use finesse and  precision to make the putt.    

The new Rivals singleplayer mode allows players to feel the pressure of  competing against Tiger Woods for the title of #1 Golfer of All Time.  Players will create their own ultra-detailed character and then follow  Tiger Woods' path back through time to best both Tiger's accomplishments  and the accomplishments of the greatest golfers of each era.  Legends  such as Old Tom Morris, Ben Hogan, Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus stand  in the way as players attempt to become the unanimous choice as #1  golfer of all time.      

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 has 12 licensed golf courses including Pebble  Beach Golf Links, Cog Hill Golf and Country Club, Doral Golf Resort and  Reflection Bay Golf Club. Three new fantasy courses will test players. A  total of 19 PGA TOUR(r) players are in the game including Tiger Woods,  Vijay Singh, and new golfers Mike Weir, Chris DiMarco, Ian Poulter and  Luke Donald.      

Developed by EA Redwood Shores, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 is rated "E" for  Everyone by the ESRB and has an MSRP of $49.99 for the PlayStation 2,  Xbox, and PSP system and $39.99 for Nintendo GameCube and PC. With  exclusive partnerships with the PGA TOUR and the world's #1 golfer,  Tiger Woods, the industry leading EA SPORTS(tm) golf title will once  again provide players features that extend the appeal to both golf and  videogame fans. For more information visit www.tigerwoods06.com

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Tiger Tees Off
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 06:24:06 PM »
$40, huh? ... Is the putting grid back?
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat