Author Topic: The stepchild of the Metroid franchise  (Read 1494 times)

Offline TheXenocide

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
The stepchild of the Metroid franchise
« on: October 14, 2012, 06:23:58 PM »
As most know, the Metroid series took heavy inspiration from Ridley Scott's Alien franchise. Well, within the past year or two, there was a game made called Aliens Infestation, based off of the movies, which also took cues from the Metroid games. One of the guys (I believe Johnny, but I could be wrong) talked about it a good while back on the show. Metroid is my favorite videogame series, so I've had my eye on this game for a while. I saw that the GameStop I work at had a used copy so I picked it up during a buy two get one sale. If you enjoy Metroid, you
aboslutely need to play this game! I haven't beat it yet (I think I'm close), but its my understanding its fairly short. I've been waiting for Nintendo to make another side scrolling metrid since zero mission and this is definitely a good substitute! It has that style of, "Well, you can't go here yet, so come back when you have ___" gameplay and does a good job of it too! As a Metroid fan, I am thoroughly engrossed in this game! Granted, I find that multiple marine thing kind of shallow since they function more like extra lives than actual alternative characters, but that's easy to overlook. If you ever find a copy of this game, I recommend snagging it! It's only $15.00 at GameStop (I haven't checked prices anywhere else so I can't speak to any lower prices but I've always found good deals on amazon too).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:29:11 AM by TheXenocide »

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
Re: The stepchild of the Metroid franchise
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 02:29:58 AM »
I thought for sure this thread would be about Metroid Prime Pinball.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 02:40:34 AM »
Try Alien3 on SNES, it's very Metroid!

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 11:30:47 AM »
Agreed. I bought it when it was released (partly because I heard it was inspired by Metroid and partly because it was Craig Harris' who pushed Sega to finish the project) and I had a blast. I managed to make it through to the last boss with all four of my original characters (this was before Fire Emblem robbed me of my romanticism). Only two of them survived... :( ... :'( ...Why Damn it!!?

*slams table*
Gouge away.