Author Topic: Hunters Stat-Tracking Revealed  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Hunters Stat-Tracking Revealed
« on: February 28, 2006, 04:46:53 AM »
Nintendo announces that Metroid Prime: Hunters will have online Hunters Licenses to track player stats and help find opponents at your skill level.

Note: The Metroid Prime: Hunters official game website has also been updated with many new gameplay videos.    

Players Can Battle Wirelessly and Talk Smack With Metroid Prime Hunters    

The new Metroid(R) Prime Hunters launches March 20 and is an action-  packed first-person adventure game for Nintendo DS(TM).  Up to four players   can play wireless matches locally or using Nintendo(R) Wi-Fi Connection,   Nintendo's wireless gaming network, which lets them hook up with friends or   battle strangers.  Each gamer also gets a Hunters License, which keeps track   of key game-play stats and lets opponents size up one another before a match.    Nintendo DS owners also will soon let their voices be heard as the title   features wireless voice chat technology that lets players talk to one another   before and after they face off.    

Ever since the demo version of Metroid Prime Hunters came bundled with   the first Nintendo DS systems, gamers have been eager to get their hands on   the full game.  Their patience has paid off.  With new bounty hunters,   precision touch-screen controls, wireless Wi-Fi battles and voice chat,   Nintendo introduces a new level of creativity and fun to this storied   franchise.    

Metroid Prime Hunters is Rated T for Teen.  To learn more about Nintendo   Wi-Fi Connection or the extensive online stat tracking, log onto   www.nintendowifi.com.  For more information about Metroid Prime Hunters and   videos of the new bounty hunters in action, visit www.metroidhunters.com.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Hunters Stat-Tracking Revealed
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 05:42:02 AM »
It is SO worth the wait.

Offline Magus19

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 06:28:40 AM »
My poor money! Won't they stop offering us too much good games? Well I hope not! Hehe. The DS is amazing, I don't regret buying it one second, my psp on the other hand....

One question, did they say that the voice chat will be used on wifi or localy? I probably won't talk to strangers but if my friends get the game this will own.
RotD
Old School RPG Project, currently recruiting!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 06:35:07 AM »
It'll be over wifi. Locally wouldn't matter as you're probably in earshot anyway.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 07:14:20 AM »
Most likely, you can only voice chat in a friends game, not with just anyone.  We'll know for sure later today.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
RE:Hunters Stat-Tracking Revealed
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 11:09:55 AM »
Why, what's today?

Damn, does this mean more friend codes?
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 01:12:01 PM »
Dear Nintendo, please don't drag the Metroid name down even further with this crap. Rename it to GENERIC SHOOT GAME DS or something. You still have time! Thxlolz.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 02:09:36 PM »
Dear Infernal Monkey, you didn't like Metroid Prime so your opinion doesn't count.  kthnxbye<3
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 02:17:42 PM »
I liked Metroid Prime Pinball.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 02:35:18 PM »
You mean GENERIC BALL GAME DS?  You support Metroid whoreing you jerk!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE'S A METROID SECTION IN TETRIS DS, METROID WAS A PURE SERIES NOW SAMUS IS A SLUT
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 02:38:31 PM »
Tell me about it, they even put Metroid stuff in Super Smash Bros. What the hell, Nintendo! Circling the drain!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Hunters Stat-Tracking Revealed
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 02:55:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Jonnyboy117
Most likely, you can only voice chat in a friends game, not with just anyone.  We'll know for sure later today.

Also, the VOIP seems pretty decent... and it only works with people who have shared friend codes with you. No chatting with "rivals" (people you play without a friend code exchange) and other strangers. So your precious ears are safe from the abuses of horrible jerks on the Internet. Except the ones you like.

~ Jeremy Parish from 1up.com  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 03:12:12 PM »
I wonder if the text chatting works for non-friend games? Or if there is a friend exchange thigny.

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 04:18:12 PM »
The whole point of only letting gamers talk with friends is to minimize stalking, etc. on their network.  Allowing random people to become friends through nothing other than Nintendo Wi-Fi would compromise the whole setup.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 12:00:17 AM »
But hearing the complaints of XBox Live users about immature jerks and never having enough space in the ignore list for all these morons having a VOIP whitelist instead sounds good.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 09:52:09 PM »
"Huzzah!" for stat-tracking, but "Booo!" for lack of voice chatting strangers. How am I supposed to unleash my hilarious marijuana jokes when I play somebody with "420" in their user name?