Author Topic: My precious little GameCube, what has become of you??  (Read 3577 times)

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
My precious little GameCube, what has become of you??
« on: July 14, 2004, 10:22:33 AM »
I write this in saying, that my poor little GameCube has seen a lack of entertainment recently.  Mostly due to the fact that I don't have money to spend on games (damn rent) but also that the drought of the summer sucks.  Four Swords was the last game that was the greatest I've ever played.  And then what next....nothing, TILL NOVEMBER if we're lucky.  Yes ToS is out, but I have SoA to beat first then that.  I think I just may have to go get SMB for kicks.  BAH!
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: My precious little GameCube, what has become of you??
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 10:25:34 AM »
HOW DARE YOU FORGET PAPER MARIO 2!? >=(  That comes out in October...And Donkey Konga comes out in September, Pikmin 2 NEXT MONTH...So nyah!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
RE:My precious little GameCube, what has become of you??
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 10:31:17 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about Paper Mario 2....damn me....but I still have YET to finish the first one (yes I know, horrible) and I'm waiting for Jungle Beat to get Donkey Konga.  Pikmin 2....that's still in the air.  I haven't played the first one.  I don't want to jump games and never play the first one, but it's never been on my list cause of the 30 day limit thing and 20 bucks is just something I can't shell out yet.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Mumei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 10:34:35 AM »
If you don't mind a challenge, get the Mega Man Anniversary Collection.. It's only 30 dollars and has like 8 or 9 Megaman games on it.  And are you playing Skies now?  Skies kicks ass =).

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 10:44:50 AM »
I'm thinking about the Mega Man games, but they don't have my favorite ones in the (Preferably the X series) and I still have alot of games to beat now that I think of it.  TimeSplitters 2 (beat it on X-box), Viewtiful Joe (damn Fantastic Five), Ikaruga (damn level 5) and Skies (damn Four Swords).  Skies in my opinion is great, just the music....and the BACK OFF!! ALPHA STOOOOOORRRRM!!  Other than that, MWUAH!!

Offline Mumei

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 11:08:36 AM »
Yes well... Alpha Storm kind of sucks, unless you are fairly early in the game .  And you can skip those sequences by pressing start... If you have any questions, ask... I have 100% on the game .  

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 11:30:05 AM »
Well, just save up money to buy what's coming in November, go back and finish the games you haven't yet, or pick up a title you overlooked.

Or, since it's nice and summery out, get outside and have some fun that doesn't involve a game system. ^_^

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 11:34:44 AM »
More than likely that's what's going to happen.  The thing about going outside, hmm, that's kinda a bad thing here in Lubbock.  It's about six when I actually can and when it's not, that's when I go swimming, which is only on the weekends.  Sometimes you just want to play games and for me, that's alot.  SINCE I'M SO HARDCORE!! JK.  I don't know why I don't finish them, I have an urge to, but I'm just like, DAMNIT I know I'm gonna get whupped anyways.  It's also strange cause Beyond G&E (damnit, haven't beaten that either) and Civ 3 games get me dizzy, then when I play TS2 and all those hooplah, I'm all I'm fine.  DAMN KIDS AND THEM NEWFANGLED AEROPLANEWHATSITS!!

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 03:24:53 PM »
GCN is shaping up quite nicely, I see. There are still quite a lot of quality games yet to be released. It has become my second-favorite console of all-time (after SNES), and I am waiting almost impatiently for the rest of these new quality games which will be the deciding factor of whether GCN will exceed SNES or not.

ToS is released, with Metroid Prime 2, Zelda 2005, and Paper Mario 2 three highlighting games on the to-be-released list for GCN.
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 03:51:49 PM »
Wait there's a game drought because you can't afford the games coming out in the next few months or want to play games that came out years ago first?  What?

Unless people are spending all day every day playing games or simply rent games and never worry about beating them, I don't see where all this "drought" talk is coming from.  I am plenty busy with my GC, and I have a fair stack of games that I've barely even touched.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 04:23:33 PM »
There's at least one major game being released each month all the way until March of next year. I'd say we're set.

July
----------
Tales of Symphonia

August
----------
Pikmin 2

September
----------
Donkey Konga

October
----------
Paper Mario 2

November
----------
Metroid Prime 2
Prince of Persia 2
Star Fox 2
Resident Evil 4 (maybe)

December
----------
Mario Tennis

January
----------
Virtua Quest

February
----------
Starcraft: Ghost
Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Viewtiful Joe 2
Killer 7
Resident Evil 4 (maybe)

March
----------
Geist
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 04:40:05 PM »
lol PAL games lol am i rite/
OUT OF DATE.

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 04:48:02 PM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth

Unless people are spending all day every day playing games or simply rent games and never worry about beating them, I don't see where all this "drought" talk is coming from.  I am plenty busy with my GC, and I have a fair stack of games that I've barely even touched.

That's what I've been saying for years. It's like if a system doesn't have a huge title coming out every week, then that system is "TEH DOOOMMED!" I hate the fact that's the mentality this industry has adopted. Of course, once a good, big title is released, everyone starts whining that they have to wait for the NEXT big release.

When I was a kid, I got a new game twice a year, three times if I was lucky (Birthday, Christmas and Easter). I pretty much survived the NES/SNES period with about 15 games between the two. You brats today don't know how lucky you've got it! (/end old schooler rant)

Like you, I've got a few games that are still in the plastic wrap that I have yet to touch (I only bought them because I spotted them drastically marked down and knew I was going to get them eventually). I don't know why people are whining now. Summer has always been traditionally a "slow" period for videogames as far back as I can remember.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2004, 06:01:51 PM »
Same here, when I was a kid, I hardly ever got games, mainly because I had to buy them myself, and it took like four lawns per game.  And Bloodworth, I said that their is a summer drought of more than ONE game (that's relatively interesting).  ToS is great, from what I've heard, but just need a little bit more oomph, and NCAA 2005 is not gonna suffice, nor will it ever.  But oh well, I never think GameCUbe will be doomed, it is always my Number One guy, until I see Batman in the sky, and then I have to shoot it.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2004, 06:06:01 PM »
Any "lack of action" is the player's responsibility.  If you don't have time/money for gaming, that's perfectly understandable.  It's "you" who "plays Nintendo."  Finish your unfinished games.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2004, 06:43:31 PM »
The fact that you haven't finished SoA clearly shows that you don't need any new games right now. Stopping Joe at the Fantastic Five I can understand, but Skies is a pretty easy game.

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 07:19:41 PM »
I agree with Bloodworth. Just because there are a few months between released titles, doesn't mean there is a "drought" occurring. A. PS2 has games released every week or so, so comparing GCN to that makes it SEEM like it is in a "drought." B. Quality games take time to make & C. Have you beaten all of your games, that you own? You either have alot of time on your hands, or you don't have many/any.
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2004, 09:01:07 PM »
what he's saying is there aren't many new games to play during the summer. that's why he called it a "summer drought".  There IS only one new game that im getting early in the summer and thats ToS. But i'm replaying games, so that's fun. Link in blue shirt rocks! hehe.

SgtShiversBen, you should really try to beat the games u have though. If there arent any new games coming out, get one that u passed up on before. Games im getting are Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, Eternal Darkness, MGS, etc. u probably already have these games, but im just showing examples. Get Enter the Matrix, its such a great game. Seriously. haha jk. this happened last year to me too. Nothing really came out except F-Zero and Mario Golf. And fzero came out on like August 20. Which meant 10 days of gaming. yay. Hope u find a way to entertain urself.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2004, 06:54:20 AM »
See the thing about SoA that makes me want to beat it is that it's such a long game.  So those ones I usually harvest on.  I won't end up beating it for probably another year.  It was the same with FF7, FF8, Quest 64, SMRPG.  Those games that are 50+ hours to beat...shoot...And yeah I've had Eternal Darkness, liked it cause it was great and I loved just leaving my guy all scared so bugs would run across the screen :-D.  F-Zero is great, except when you haven't played it for like 6 months in which I suck again.  My brother got me Enter the Matrix, and boy oh boy...I never thought I'd say it, but heck, that game was funny.  From the way they run to all the "whooocka woot wheeeop" hit noises.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2004, 10:37:57 AM »
Well, you complained about a lack of games but you still have some SoA time left... The game won't get shorter if you wait so you might just as well play it now.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2004, 12:02:52 PM »
Yeah I know I'm complaining of the lack of games while I still have Skies to complete, but you know, you sometimes just want variety...and with my current lineup, variety is gone.  With ToS coming out, still no variety...but oh well.  I guess it's better this way, save me some moolah!!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2004, 06:30:46 PM »
Variety is gone? Pick up a copy of Wario Ware and try telling me that variety is gone.

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2004, 08:02:16 PM »
So let me get this straight - you've played and beaten *all* the good games on GCN?  There are always great games to play that you can find for $20 at any store.

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »
where are u in skies of arcadia? like how many hours in?

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2004, 11:11:16 AM »
I'm not that very far in....I just got back to my town after saving Fina from Valua.  I've been saying I'm not that far in alot, but it's a terrific games, just with my schedule (shhhhhedoool)  I'm not able to play it that much, which is why I've been playing the first Zelda alot, because I can play for like ten minutes and stop.  SoA, I just can't.