Author Topic: Darkrai Drive By? Not Quite  (Read 8089 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Darkrai Drive By? Not Quite
« on: June 02, 2008, 11:06:01 AM »
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blogArt.cfm?artid=16061

Toys R Us and Nintendo teamed up for another legendary Pokemon event this weekend. Darkrai, one of the newest legendary monsters, is being handed out. There isn't much time left, as the event ran yesterday and today, from 12pm to 4pm. You may want to head out soon if you are interested! (Note: This post was supposed to go up on Sunday, June 1st, but due to down time, it was delayed.)    

As usual, I was incredibly interested, but didn't want to brave the usually obnoxious crowd to make it happen. Having participated in a similar event last fall to receive Manaphy, I knew that the wireless transfer worked relatively smoothly. My plan this time was to not even enter the store. It was going to be a drive-by Darkrai snag!    

I didn't realize the event didn't start until noon, so after killing some time by getting some grocery shopping done, I swung back over and parked as close to the front of the store as I could possibly get. Reassuring my fiancee that we may not even have to enter the store (and thus become embarrassed), I cracked out my DS, fired up the mystery gift option, and crossed my fingers.    

After waiting a good length of time, I realized my plan didn't work. We had to go in. "Do I have to?" chimed my other half. Yes, I made her come in too. I'm such a jerk. It actually wasn't that bad though! I left my DS running constantly searching for the mystery gift. As soon we walked through the first automatic door, my DS chimed and Darkrai was mine. We didn't even have to set foot inside the actual store. Immediately, we turned around and went back to the car.    

Am I a self-conscious loser for being too embarrassed to enter the store? Or does the thought of a packed video games section full of squealing kids make me cringe? Probably a little of both. Anyway, if you are a Pokemon dork like me and are interested in the vital stats of my Darkrai, here they are.    

Level 50
  Original Trainer: ALAMOS
  ID Number: 05318
  Item: Enigma Berry
  Nature: Sassy
  Food Tastes: Bitter
  Ribbon: Classic    

HP: 135
  Attack: 102
  Defense: 101
  Special Attack: 147
  Special Defense: 104
  Speed: 127

Ability: Bad Dreams    

Moves:
  Roar of Time
  Spacial Rend
  Nightmare
  Hypnosis

:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: Darkrai Drive By? Not Quite
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:33:49 PM »
I got Darkrai through a trade with a fellow trainer. The creature may or may not have been as a result of a GameShark code.

I don't really play with Darkrai. I generally found that Dark-types suck offensively. I like to go straight for the kill with my Dragons and Original Team.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:14:33 PM »
Did this have anything to do with a court order that doesn't allow you to be around children?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 10:56:46 PM »
This is depressing

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 11:59:39 PM »
Your partner should chastise you for being so gutless.

Also I checked out your IVs, pretty lol. Sassy normally boosts your special defence, unfortunately you have 0 as your IV value for special defence. You're only above average IV stat is Speed, whcih is hindered by a Sassy nature. Overall a very middle of the road Darkrai.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 12:02:44 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 02:56:16 AM »
Why do they make promotional 'mons count as traded?

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 03:57:35 PM »
Nintendo should send out one of these rare Pokemon through the Nintendo Channel.  That would cause millions of Wii owners to install the channel and start using it.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 04:08:55 PM »
That would be awesome.  There are still a lot of legendaries left that people haven't been able to get.

I still want a legitimate Celebi.

And that hedgehog one.

Maybe they'll do it for Pokemon Platinum.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »
There is an upcoming Pokemon download at Gamestop stores nationwide, so maybe it's time for another drive-by attempt.  I would probably go for this one if I hadn't lost Diamond along with my DS and several other games.  :-(
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 02:08:26 PM »
SPOILER ALERT

I'm still on episode 95 of RFN.  I was hoping you'd find your system.  Now I know you won't and have nothing to look forward to for the next 7 episodes.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 11:53:32 AM »
I didn't make it to gamestop this weekend, so I'll have to do it next weekend.  I'm hoping this one will be a nice leisurely mall walk-by.  ;)
---------------------