Author Topic: Controller Wars  (Read 13739 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
If Nintendo uses that touch technology I would bet they will also be using Gyroscope technology...it just seems like the only way to fully benefit from the technology.  

I would also predict Nintendo will create an all in one controller.  Meaning.  I bet Nintendo will try to incorporate a microphone into the controller, gyroscopes, analog controllers and such.

I hope that we have 1 analog stick, trackball (in place of the other analog stick) a trackpad might work, and two analog stick buttons, last a microphone.  Of course there would be regular buttons.  

Offline joeposh

• Score: 0
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Artimus
How mnay times do you have to keep reposting that video? That's like the fourth time!

Haha seriously... I mean it's cool technology, I get it but it's NOT going to be used for the Revolution. Why? It's too damn expensive. This is Nintendo we're talking about here... they try to keep the hardware prices as reasonable as possible. They are looking to expand the market right? Well the certianly won't do it with 100 dollar controllers that have to sit on a flat solid surface to operate. Maybe a few generations from now this stuff will be integrated but for now it's just a overpriced tech demo.

Offline wushupants

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
well, if we are to hold the Rev. controller the same way we hold a GC one, my only hope is that additional "trigger" buttons are placed under our fingers as we hold the controller normally. we would be using the middle of our fingers to press these. it's the only way the current controllers can become versatile enough in the sense that you won't have to switch your right thumb between the analog stick and the buttons. of course, we're not expecting a design similar to current-console controllers but, there's another idea... just for the heck of it.
5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions...
__   __   __   __   __   __   __   __

The prophecies are coming to pass... the end is almost at hand... are you ready for it?... where will you spend the rest of eternity?