Author Topic: Runaway: The Dream of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Monster From The Swamp Of Snapping Mystery Putting Challenge X  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

This was a rather large and apparently rather awesome adventure game released on the PC last year. The developers have crammed THE WHOLE THING onto a DS cartridge. All the FMV, all the speech, everything (THE WHOLE THING). There's a neat video with the developers explaining the horror of porting it all here.

DS is a beast (THE WHOLE THING). I like how Lucasarts still haven't ported over their adventure games for easy money. I'm eating custard, a lot of custard. Maybe my bowels will start frowning while folding their arms and shaking their hea-oh God bowels aren't supposed to have those!

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
It was released this year in America, sometime in February or March.  But it's from a Spanish studio, so I imagine it is over a year old, since they have to translate it and whatnot.  

I actually played through about 60-70% of it, and remember exactly where I left off, and need to go finish it.

It's a sequel, but really you can start with it and not be lost.  I'm pretty sure the game had a small recount of the first one right at the beginning.

It has a ton of voice, so I'm actually wondering if all of that is going to make it into the game.  I guess if they compress the hell out of it, it should work.  Which is kind of ironic, since that can end up being the worst part of the game - the voice work.  There's one character in particular who is savagely annoying, and you have to use him for a variety of things, so he begins to wear you down after a while.  The main character's voice is...ok, and sometimes he'll legitimately be amusing, but you'll start thinking he's one of those people who tries to be funny, but hardly ever is.  (And yes - even he says this himself at some point I believe.)

I'm somewhat surprised it's coming out, actually.  There's some strong sexual tones in the game, which the graphics sort of...well, they aren't conveyed very well until you're playing the game.  Though, the coverart alone sort of gives the message.  You half expect it to be called Beach Party Summer or something.

It's a good little series though.  You ought to be able to find the first two somewhat cheap for the PC, and they don't need a beefy machine at all to run.  

I really ought to go back and finish this one.  I'm guessing it's....oh, 15-20 hours on the first play through.  Pretty substantial game.  As an adventure games fan, I'd recommend picking it up.  I'll be doing so as a show of support, unless it's riddled with bugs or something.  
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Holy Crap that looks awesome. Runaway >>>> Uncharted.