Author Topic: After Burner: Captain Falcon  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
After Burner: Captain Falcon
« on: October 04, 2007, 12:37:06 AM »
I'm (not really) playing this right now (because I'm typing). It's a lot of fun, it makes my hands cramp up. Also my vagina. I'm shocked actually, that it's as good as it is. A dug up Sega zombie for a sequel that isn't horrible? Unpossible. Basically, it's After Burner. Gameplay goes like this, ZOOOOOOM, MASH MASH MASH MASH LOCK-ON, ZOOOOOOOOOOM, YOU GOT BOOST POWER, ZOOOOOOOOOM, MASH MASH MA-CHECKPOINT LAND ON CARRIER. ZOOOOOOOOOOOM. It doesn't piss fart around with complicated garbage, because whoever developed it (Planet Moon?) knows the score. This is pure 80's style arcade awesome stuffed into the PSP. Which is a bit depressing, because it's exclusive to the system. So nobody is going to play it.

There are three pilots, umm.. fast guy (his name is Sonic wowowow), fat guy and tranny. They have different sort of styles, I'm playing as Sonic, and the goal is to beat the stages as fast as possible. Fat guys objective is to take down as many enemies as possible. Tranny's goal is to trick enemies. It only cost me $7 in a pawn shop, that's $3 cheaper than the Lynx games they had. They didn't even have boxes. How can you possibly charge $10 for Basketbrawl on Lynx in 2007 when it doesn't even have a box.

Pros of After Burner
- It's a video game

Cons of After Burner
- It pauses in the middle of the action to load the next music track

14/10  

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: After Burner: Captain Falcon
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 04:21:09 AM »
This has no Captain Falcon!  False reviewertising! 3/77.5
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: After Burner: Captain Falcon
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:32:16 AM »
I came in here for Captain Falcon, and what do I get?  A game about some guy named Sonic...SONIC!  That's like walking into a thread and...

AUGH IT FOLLOWED ME!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE:After Burner: Captain Falcon
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 05:09:11 AM »
Nobody uses their PSP to play games,  I didn't even know they had an Afterburner game out for it.