Author Topic: Fanboy euthanization station  (Read 58424 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Fanboy euthanization station
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2013, 01:54:55 PM »
Define handful, because I've had at least 50-75 people in my shop with them.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2013, 02:03:14 PM »
A repair shop having people come in for repairs, strange. And I am sure NONE of them broke the hinge through their own carelessness. :rolleyes:

And failure rates for devices vary depending on the type of device, but an example of the iPod Touch is 15% need to be repaired. Even on the low end (TVs) it is 6-8%. The DS (including DS Lite, DSi, and DSi XL) sold over 150 million. 6% of that is 9 million. I know that would not be just the hinge, but I bet the failure rate of the system is far less than that.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2013, 02:07:01 PM »
What exactly are you basing your claim that it was rare on? I've seen widespread reports of it from a lot of places, and while that's only anecdotal evidence, it's still better than the absolutely nothing you seem to be basing your claim on.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2013, 02:08:38 PM »
I also see widespread reports online of people loving Community, but we know that is not accurate.

People who have problems are gonna be more vocal than those who don't have problems.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »
Do not bring that Community vs. Big Bang Theory discussion in here. That needs to go away forum-wide, as it derails discussion way too frequently.

And again, what exactly are you basing that on besides your own speculation and assumptions?

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2013, 02:15:16 PM »
You want to use anecdotal evidence? Fine, the thousands of people onlne I have seen or talked to who had no problems with their systems. Or that no DS owner I have met in person had a problem with their system.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2013, 02:17:29 PM »
Do you ask every person you meet online or in person if they own a DS, and if they do, do you ask them if they've ever had a problem? And where are all of these statistics coming from? iPod Touch has a 15% failure rate?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:19:29 PM by Brandogg »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2013, 02:26:35 PM »
Do YOU ask every person you meet online or in person if they own a DS, and if they do, do you ask them if they've ever had a problem?

The number of DS's sold is from Nintendo, so that is simple.

As for the iPod failure rate (my bad, not the iPod Touch) was from an older survey than I realized as it was from 2005. It was a survey done by Mac In Touch.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2013, 02:41:25 PM »
TJ, lets not get this thread locked as well, we already lost the off topic remarks thread to these little squabbles

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2013, 02:45:47 PM »
No, I do not, but I fix a lot of them - or tell people they are better off buying a newer model when they bring in a cracked-hinge DS or DS Lite.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »
You want to use anecdotal evidence? Fine, the thousands of people onlne I have seen or talked to who had no problems with their systems. Or that no DS owner I have met in person had a problem with their system.
I have but considering how much use the thing got it was to be expected.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2013, 04:01:25 PM »
So TJ said so BS again. GTFO.

Everyone I personally met that had the DSlite had a hinge problem. So based on your criteria 100% of all DS lites are defective. Because I said so.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2013, 04:25:10 PM »
ooohboy, I thought your days of being a douche were over? Go away, no one will miss you. Us adults were having a civil conversation, so go back to the kiddie table til you mature.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2013, 04:40:55 PM »
You're really not one to be throwing stones in regard to being liked by the people here.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2013, 04:49:50 PM »
That doesn't bother me. I don't go around acting like a douche like oohboy does. The rest of us were having a civil conversation, and he of course jumps in just to insult and attack me. I thought he had learned from his warnings.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »
TJ, lets not get this thread locked as well, we already lost the off topic remarks thread to these little squabbles, SERIOUSLY!!!!!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »
I don't go around acting like a douche like oohboy does.

That could definitely be argued.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2013, 05:15:02 PM »
I love sitting at the kiddy table. You get the inside scoop on people's lives and all you have to do is give your little informants something sweet to eat. A lot better than the boring same-old discussions at the grown-up table.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2013, 05:20:36 PM »
I love sitting at the kiddy table. You get the inside scoop on people's lives and all you have to do is give your little informants something sweet to eat. A lot better than the boring same-old discussions at the grown-up table.
+1

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »
+1

Really? Wow. I'm in shock. I totally did not expect to be awarded that. Oh my gosh. Let's see. I have so many people to thank. Well, first of all, I have to thank my parents for helping support me in reaching this goal for so many years. You've always been there for me when I was feeling down. I should also thank my agent for sticking with me even through the bad posts. I have to thank TJ Spyke for giving me the inspiration to make this and other posts. And of course, oohhboy and UncleBob and NWR_Insanolord for helping to inspire TJ Spyke creating this great snowball effect. Oh my gosh. Who else? Well, I better thank everyone at NWR. I wish I could share this award with you all. Thanks to S-U-P-E-R for getting the Funhouse created in the first place. This is happening because of you man. Billy Berghammer, Louie the Cat, Johnny Metts, Neal Ronaghen, Wandering, stevey, pokepal148, 18 Days, The American, Doctor Video Games, Wanclering, ThePerm. Oh gosh, I'm sure forgetting someone. Oh and they're playing me off. Well, I better just say thank you to anyone I've ever met in life to cover it. Thank you and god bless.

(leaves stage)

Oh shoot! I forgot to thank my wife..........
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2013, 09:42:27 PM »
Maybe we could do a poll around here to see who's had the issue. I'm sure UncleBob could speak to how many of his systems have had the problem.

Also, Brandogg, I have to ask: can you speak to any instances of a "design flaw" or any seemingly widespread issue like the DS(lite) hinge that didn't bring a lot of traffic to your repair shop?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2013, 09:45:43 PM »
me, my ds lite has been reduced to a gba with extra buttons,

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2013, 09:46:51 PM »
I've had 5 separate DS systems break in 5 different ways, and my second DS (first DS Lite) had the hinge issue. To be fair, the other two never developed it and broke in other ways instead.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »
My DS had the issue, but ultimately broke because I fell asleep playing it and rolled over.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2013, 10:01:48 PM »
Do YOU ask every person you meet online or in person if they own a DS, and if they do, do you ask them if they've ever had a problem?

The number of DS's sold is from Nintendo, so that is simple.

for the record... so is this.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/21/nintendo-fesses-up-to-ds-lite-hinge-defect-will-fix-for-free/