Author Topic: Sega: MadWorld a "Mismatch" with Wii Audience  (Read 24683 times)

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Sega: MadWorld a
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »
I'll pretend that I didn't pay full price for it, and I'll also pretend that I've put the disc in my Wii.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »
I'll pretend that I sympathize with you.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Sega: MadWorld a \
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2010, 09:20:35 PM »
Pretend that MadWorld is like a typical episode of Family Guy. It will keep flashing back to jokes that make no sense until everyone forgets what they were talking about.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2010, 10:02:42 PM »
Er, you realize HL1 had a deathmatch multiplayer mode OOTB?

I did not.

However, notice that nobody ever says "Man remember those good times playing Half-Life Deathmatch"? The game was all about the single-player, and the only multiplayer people ever cared about was Counterstrike.

The fact is, fifteen-twenty years ago, people were paying more money for shorter games. Now we're paying less money for longer games, and we're so spoiled that if something doesn't clock out to twenty hours, we complain about it, despite the fact that most people will drop ~$15 for a two hour movie.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2010, 10:13:37 PM »
Not to mention that if you see a movie with three friends, that's ~$60 for a two-hour movie plus whatever you spend on food (someone always wants snacks, eesh). If you play a videogame with three friends it still cost $50-60.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2010, 01:12:28 AM »
Nintendo has certainly gotten smaller, because they figured out how to make more money off of games that require less staff, and arguably less effort.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2010, 01:17:11 AM »
Nintendo has certainly gotten smaller, because they figured out how to make more money off of games that require less staff, and arguably less effort.

Any sources for that statement?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2010, 10:54:33 AM »
However, notice that nobody ever says "Man remember those good times playing Half-Life Deathmatch"? The game was all about the single-player, and the only multiplayer people ever cared about was Counterstrike.

It was later overshadowed by CS and the other mods but believe me, people played many, MANY hours of HL deathmatch (I was one of them). It may not be the best remembered game but it was heavily played.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2010, 12:55:47 PM »

Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Personal Trainer Walking...
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2010, 01:07:21 PM »

Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Personal Trainer Walking...

How are all of those sources for Nintendo getting smaller? Nintendo is still releasing more games then they did in the GC or N64 era. Also Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, and Resort were hardly titles that required "Less effort", just because you didn't like them doesn't mean a lot of work wasn't put into them.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2010, 03:13:49 PM »
I didn't say I don't like them. If you'll recall from my review, I very much enjoyed Sports Resort, and I just bought Wii Fit Plus so I can get back into the Wii Fit groove.

However, in the case of the former, it's hard to consider it as anything but a fancy tech demo, whereas in the case of Wii Fit, you'd hardly require a development team the size of something like Mario Galaxy 2.

I don't know if Nintendo is getting smaller, per say, but I would say that they're definately fragmenting into distinct groups. The Wii Whatever group, the Zelda group, and the Mario group. Remember, they've been farming out Metroid for almost a decade now.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »
I didn't say I don't like them. If you'll recall from my review, I very much enjoyed Sports Resort, and I just bought Wii Fit Plus so I can get back into the Wii Fit groove.

However, in the case of the former, it's hard to consider it as anything but a fancy tech demo, whereas in the case of Wii Fit, you'd hardly require a development team the size of something like Mario Galaxy 2.

I don't know if Nintendo is getting smaller, per say, but I would say that they're definately fragmenting into distinct groups. The Wii Whatever group, the Zelda group, and the Mario group. Remember, they've been farming out Metroid for almost a decade now.

I would say Nintendo is doing more projects at once and spreading their resources over more things. Wii Fit probably had a massive budget when it came to hardware and design. The Wii Sports series were not just thrown together but required lots of fine tuning to utilize the Wiimote and in Resort's case, the motion plus. They are polished titles, while they may not need the same kind design and programming team as a Mario Galaxy it doesn't mean they don't have plenty of people working on them.

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »
I don't think it counts as "farming out Metroid" when the studio they're having make it is first-party, and while Team Ninja is making Other M, they're doing it in cooperation with R&D 1.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2010, 10:28:24 PM »
R&D1 just did the basic design and overall story. The coding is all Team Ninja, minus the jiggle physics.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2010, 02:12:57 AM »
Honestly I think Sakamoto is more of a threat to Other M than Team Ninja. He's the one who insisted on NES controls despite everybody wanting the nunchuk.

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2010, 03:20:48 AM »
Honestly I think Sakamoto is more of a threat to Other M than Team Ninja. He's the one who insisted on NES controls despite everybody wanting the nunchuk.

Yeah, I think there's a decent chance that the game may have turned out better if it really were just Team Ninja making it without R&D 1.

J.P. Corbran

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2010, 09:10:45 PM »
here i thought this thread was about Sega/Madworld..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »
here i thought this thread was about Sega/Madworld..

MadWorld also probably would have turned out better if it were developed by Team Ninja.

J.P. Corbran

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2010, 09:16:49 PM »
There ya go. Much better.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2010, 11:25:59 PM »
Ninja Gaiden Sigma was so much better then MadWorld. =D