Author Topic: Sega: MadWorld a "Mismatch" with Wii Audience  (Read 24604 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Sega: MadWorld a
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
It's a 6 hour game that gets repetitive. The general consensus was to get a rental because it's not worth buying.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Sega: MadWorld a \
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 12:11:47 AM »
Bayonett is sold I think already at 500K on the XBox and similar on the PS3. 

---------

Market research doesn't lie. 
Too bad for you that poor sexy Bayonetta has suddenly fallen off the sales charts for both version. You know what else doesn't lie? Common sense. Bayonetta's combined sales for both systems are in one million, but is Sega and Platinum getting back the money? Bayonetta obviously had a bigger budget then MadWorld, but only sold a 500k more on the systems combined. Will that be enough to get the money back?

Bayonetta isn't that great either. At least Devil May Cry 1 had the whole "Was a proto-Resi Evil 4 build". Bayonetta is just fanservice and nothing else.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 02:18:56 AM »
It's hitting a million prior to a price cut, that's $40 by million (retailers take a good chunk): meaning 40 million in revenue vrs Madworld's 250K (at best it's sales prior to price cuts) by $33: not even 10million.

Even if production values is double that 4x the revenue and still growing.  Which means in this case the clear winner is........

And it's not just Madworld sales neither, nor was this the begining.  Certain genres have always sold better on different consoles and that's not going change, especially when Nintendo themshelves isn't doing anything about it though with all their billions you would think they would be expanding their developement teams not shirking.

Sales data doesn't lie:  action games sell better on the Xbox/PS systems, platformers see better on the WII. 

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 02:42:28 AM »
MadWorld doesn't have TnA though.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 03:27:28 AM »
It's hitting a million prior to a price cut, that's $40 by million (retailers take a good chunk): meaning 40 million in revenue vrs Madworld's 250K (at best it's sales prior to price cuts) by $33: not even 10million.

Even if production values is double that 4x the revenue and still growing.  Which means in this case the clear winner is........

And it's not just Madworld sales neither, nor was this the begining.  Certain genres have always sold better on different consoles and that's not going change, especially when Nintendo themshelves isn't doing anything about it though with all their billions you would think they would be expanding their developement teams not shirking.

Sales data doesn't lie:  action games sell better on the Xbox/PS systems, platformers see better on the WII. 

Where has nintendo been shrinking their development teams? Nintendo has released and published more games on Wii then either GC or N64.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Sega: MadWorld a "Mismatch" with Wii Audience
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 03:42:08 AM »
Shh! We don't want facts to interfere with slamming Nintendo.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »
Ymeegod needs to troll somehow.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 10:41:19 PM »
"Where has nintendo been shrinking their development teams? Nintendo has released and published more games on Wii then either GC or N64."

Actually nintendo's last addon team was Monolith Soft way back in 2004ish (Baten's developer), since then they actually went downhill, either they chose to stop support/funding or the developers are simply making just DS games.  Cling (Little King Story) rings a bell.  They lost SK, Rare, Leftfields Studios, ect and never bother to replace them.  Sure they sold Rare and formed a Q-fund but where did that 300million dollars go?  There's only three titles that I know of that used it besides the FFCC for the GC *130million* nintendo gave Sqaure for that POS.  At least they did get exclusive rights to DQIX and X which doesn't effect US market but was a big sting to Sony's Japanese market shares.  There's been plenty of developer's that died in the last few years that nintendo could have bought for *cheap*. 

It's funny how easy you can call someone a troll but all I stated is the facts.  You can't blame Sega 100% for the WII's market without bringing some of that fault towards Nintendo. 

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 10:50:46 PM »
Nintendo does their own thing, people whine.

Nintendo does their own games, third parties whine that they take away sales.

It's hilarious, really.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 10:59:34 PM »
Sega's not exactly whining though, all he stated was the game didn't hit expections so they are targetting HD consoles which is true.  Action games in general sell better on the XBox/PS3 systems.  That's no different they Ubisoft dropping support for it's Rayman series on the HD consoles.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 11:03:14 PM »
Show me a game in black and white that has sold well on XBox 360 or PS3.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 11:09:56 PM »
That one. You know, the one with the guy who's got the thing that does stuff? That one.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2010, 11:11:49 PM »
? You could just look at the top 100 sales for each console and compare--VGC has them and you can even fliter by genre.

http://vgchartz.com

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2010, 11:14:21 PM »
I don't see a filter for games in black and white.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2010, 11:22:18 PM »
I don't think you understand what I'm asking.

MadWorld has black and white graphics. The only colour in the game is red for the blood.

Are there any games on the XBox 360 or PS3 with black and white graphics?

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2010, 11:42:29 PM »
There's that xbla game The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom and I think two more or on it's way. 

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 12:03:44 AM »
VGchartz.

Why.

Action games in general sell better on the XBox/PS3 systems.
When they have a massive advertising budget and are overhyped massively, yes that will work. It can also blow up in your face too. GRIN says hi.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 12:16:28 AM »
And you point being?  The plenty of WII party games that fail does that mean nintendo shouldn't make another one?   Madworld had both hype and Ads, it won E3 awards for 2 years prior to launch so you can't say it wasn't covered.

You have to make a better agruement then that. 

-----------

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2010, 12:19:48 AM »
It did not deserve those awards, and the TV advertisements were bizarre. Reviews may have praised the game, but IT SUCKED.

Also, the Wii party games that fail deserve to fail. All they are trying to do is ride off of Wii Sports success. But I don't see how that has anything to do with using VGChartz as an argument and why MadWorld sucks.

Still, I am having fun. =D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:20:48 AM by Peachylala »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2010, 12:31:41 AM »
"Where has nintendo been shrinking their development teams? Nintendo has released and published more games on Wii then either GC or N64."

Actually nintendo's last addon team was Monolith Soft way back in 2004ish (Baten's developer), since then they actually went downhill, either they chose to stop support/funding or the developers are simply making just DS games.  Cling (Little King Story) rings a bell.  They lost SK, Rare, Leftfields Studios, ect and never bother to replace them.  Sure they sold Rare and formed a Q-fund but where did that 300million dollars go?  There's only three titles that I know of that used it besides the FFCC for the GC *130million* nintendo gave Sqaure for that POS.  At least they did get exclusive rights to DQIX and X which doesn't effect US market but was a big sting to Sony's Japanese market shares.  There's been plenty of developer's that died in the last few years that nintendo could have bought for *cheap*. 

It's funny how easy you can call someone a troll but all I stated is the facts.  You can't blame Sega 100% for the WII's market without bringing some of that fault towards Nintendo. 

What about Retro studios? What about Level 5 (a 3rd party developer but has close ties to Nintendo)?

Cing was a 3rd party developer as well who got themselves in massive debt.

Silicon Knights was doing Nintendo no favors with the financial bomb that was Twin Snakes and besides they were free to go elsewhere.

Rare, well, rare was on heavy decline and was purchased by MS who has not benefited from them.

Seriously, this is kind of silly. What about Sora LTD? They are newly formed to create who knows what.

What about Arika, the creators of the Endless Ocean games? Do they not count.

Really you should get your facts straight before bringing up a piss ant 3rd party develop who got themselves in a ton of debt, another 3rd party developer who made 2 whole games for NIntendo, and a 2nd party developer who was on rapid decline. Retro studios is worth more then any of these companies combined right now, and Monolith is creating an exclusive RPG for Wii. 

Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2010, 12:38:20 AM »
A short game doesn't mean much, RE5 was considered short and it sold what 4.5 million?
"Also, the Wii party games that fail deserve to fail" Then wouldn't Grin be in the same boat?  Don't recall them making a decent game.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2010, 12:43:33 AM »
Resident Evil is an established brand. Madworld is not.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2010, 12:49:01 AM »
Retro was brought when? 2001 During the GC Era?
And Arika is freaking 3rd party: they make XBLA games too.  Nintendo hasn't GROWN during the WII ERA.
Level 5 is 3rd party and they don't even have a WII game at the market?  Sure they are talking about it but what's good is that when you can't even play it?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:00:14 AM by Ymeegod »

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2010, 01:12:59 AM »
Ymeegod's posts make this thread more fun then it is!

A short game doesn't mean much, RE5 was considered short and it sold what 4.5 million?
RE games have always been short, what saves it is replay value, the best game being Resi Evil 2 in terms of replay . MadWorld didn't have that. I even said that on the first page in my first post on this page. IT HELPS TO HAVE REPLAY VALUE YA KNOW.
Resident Evil is an established brand. Madworld is not.

Level 5 is 3rd party and they don't even have a WII game at the  market?  Sure they are talking about it but what's good is that when  you can't even play it?

That Wii game in development? Uh, yeah, the next entry in a mega-popular franchise in Japan. Sold bucketloads with the DS entry, will do the same on Wii.

Thank you for making this thread fun Ymeegod.