Author Topic: ps3/xbox to get crush by GC2?  (Read 17864 times)

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: ps3/xbox to get crush by GC2?
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2003, 04:01:46 AM »
Just to touch on real time ray tracing. Is it really neccissary? Carmack even said that they can make imitating it look just as good and at a serious reduction of needed power. Just my thoughts.

Offline Hyper-Link

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
ps3/xbox to get crush by GC2?
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2003, 09:44:16 AM »
I heard a rumor of the new Game Cube name that I thought was official until I heard all this Nexus stuff even though Nexus sounds cool.

On  about 2 websites I heard the Next Generation Systems were Playstation 3, X-Box 2, and GameSphere.

I thought Game Sphere was cool, but after hearing Nexus I hope it isn't true.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see-the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2003, 07:52:12 PM »
hey guys make sure you check todays N-Query at IGN it had a few tid bits about GC2 including price. here is the site.

http://cube.ign.com/mail.html

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2003, 08:31:52 AM »
Well, I'll keep calling it Hypercube.

Offline HolyPaladin

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2003, 12:22:01 PM »
First I want to point out the problem with all of the names people use for the next game console.  I can't stand people calling "Gamecube 2", as it is the fifth Nintendo console and will NOT be a sequel to Gamecube of any kind.  It will simply be the next console, with no relation to Gamecube.  I saw somebody use or mention "Gamesphere" which is just as lame since it also follows up Gamecube, as if Gamecube was the first and this is the second.  Gamecube had sort of a cubical form, so are there people suggesting that this supposed "Gamesphere" will be a ball?  I would like to see somebody figure out how to make that functional.  The "Nexus" idea is the most realistic of them all, and I would be surprised if it even came out being anything like that.  Yes, right now we do not even have a project name to call it by, but do we have to invent our own ridiculous ones?  If we all do that, we'll have this guy calling it "Gamecube 2", this other guy calling it "NES 5", the next one calling it "Nintendo Mega System", and still another calling it "Mario's Magical Box of Mystery" or whatever.

And secondly comes a response to Samwise Gamgee's post:
"no matter what, people will buy the ps3 no matter what! no matter what, it will most likely sell the best even if it is more expensive! and people will look at those extra features and will think its more advanced b/c of it!!! people will not flock to nintendo b/c it doesnt have all the rest of those features! believe it or not, i kno alot of ppl who have chosen the ps2 over gc cuz of the DVD, its a selling point!"

I really expect more from any given person than that.  I mean, this is just plain ignorant.  To think that Sony has some sort of invincibility is completely ignorant to the historical facts.  If one looks back more than a few years ago, Nintendo was in the same place that Sony is now, and held that place for quite some years.  It looked like nobody could topple Nintendo, and many tried and failed for years.  It did happen, though.  The same can, and can, and still can, and forever can, can, can, and more can happen to Sony now.  It will never, ever, ever, ever, ever be impossible.  People did not buy PS2 over GCN because of the POS DVD feature, either.  It outsold GCN because of the name, not the DVD function.  If PS2 did not have the DVD function and GCN did have it, PS2 would still have outsold GCN because of the name.  Yes, there are those that bought PS2 for and primarily use it for DVDs and there are those that simply like having that function, but it didn't make the difference between selling 50 million and selling 1- million.  The name did that.  It was simply the successor to the dominant console in the generation before, and so it entirely rode on the coattail of the PSX.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

If whatever I just posted sounds rude/hateful/whatever then you probably read it wrong, but I will insert apology here, anyways, just in case.

Offline gcnfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2003, 01:04:31 PM »
Nintendo was the first and it shall be last. I don't think we'll be seeing a Game Cube 2 soon, I think Nintendo is going to try to build on it more. It's still a great console! I'm guessing we won't see another system from Nintendo for at least another 3 years. As for the Xbox 2, I think it will be a huge failure! Microsoft has jumped into the gaming industry too fast. I'm sure that the Xbox 2 will take until the end of 2005 to finish. But Microsoft is a major corporation, so if they pull it off, I'll be surprised. And the new PSX coming out (yes it's called PSX not PS3) sounds pretty nice. But the design is the worst. It can stand on it's side, but you have to have the top clear so you can slide disks into it. EGM thinks of it as a toaster. LOL! And with these Game/DVD/CD burner combinations, I think they won't have anything to add to the next console! They have to save some of the ideas for the future. I know Nintendo will do this. They are only a video game company. They did not plan to have combination systems, and I doubt they will. Well, let's hope for the best!

Offline DipsterDoodler

• View Profile
RE:ps3/xbox to get crush by GC2?
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2004, 03:51:11 AM »
Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, is the acknowledged worldwide leader in the creation of interactive entertainment. To date, Nintendo has sold more than one billion video games worldwide, created such industry icons as Mario and Donkey Kong and launched franchises like The Legend of Zelda and Pokémon. Nintendo manufacturers and markets hardware and software for its popular home video game systems, including Nintendo 64 and Game Boy - The world's best selling video game system.

1975 - In cooperation with Mitsubishi Electric, Nintendo developed a video game system using an electronic video recording (EVR) player. They introduced the microprocessor into the video game system the next year.

1977 - Nintendo developed home-use video games in cooperation with Mitsubishi Electric.

1978 - Nintendo created and started selling coin-operated video games using microcomputers.

1979 - An operations division, for coin-operated games, was started.

1980 - Nintendo announced a wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc. in New York. It started selling the "GAME & WATCH" product line. (the list goes on, it's the history of Nintendo, Came in strong... staying strong! The following is not an attempt to redirect you to another site, but just a crediting.

(http://www.ncecbvi.org/students/keith/Nintendo.htm)

Nintenedo hasn't. isn't, and will NEVER die, maybe change it's name, or merge with another company but will always the be the groundbreaker in gaming consoles.

I agree with many opinions here, but, there ONLY opnions, unless you're a spy from Sony or MS, trying to crush the sale of Nintendo. No I'm not paranoid, the only reason you say that is you're all against me!
)

"You're never given a dream, withought being given the power to make it reality!" Walt Disney

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2004, 06:26:37 AM »
The chance is there just as long as the Revolution has online.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2004, 07:55:48 AM »
Revolution will not have online standard, Nintendo already said that online gaming is for computers, and until we have the technology to make it lag free, its not going to include it. but what will attract more attention to Revolution will be its unique game play... Nintendo made a very large contract with Gyration a couple years ago... try and guess what they make.

check it out
GYRATION

PS3 and XBOX2 dont have any new tricks, theyre just making better graphics - so is nintedo - Nintendo seems to be at an advantage for the next releases.
The Greatest Thing Since Avenue Q

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2004, 09:43:23 PM »
Nintendo already stated the Revolution WILL be online. Or at least, if it sells enough it will be.

Offline Lamech

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2004, 02:58:37 AM »

According to an interview with the Japan Economic Foundation's Japan Spotlight Bimonthly publication, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has stated that online games aren't in demand.

look... now you made me quote... ::sniffles::

Read It
The Greatest Thing Since Avenue Q

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2004, 07:56:08 AM »
Iwata's saving his ass until the Rev comes out. The GC didn't sell enough to warrant an online service, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Rev actually would be online.

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2004, 11:03:38 AM »
I still think it will be the same as this generation but I do see Nintendo get much better than the last.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.