Author Topic: A rant about a lost rant of a whole nother rant  (Read 11766 times)

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
A rant about a lost rant of a whole nother rant
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:33:53 PM »
Key
Red text is from 3rd rant of the two rantsblue text is the rant on the rant
black text is the origanal rant

Well this is the 3rd time I am trying to post this. I spent the last 30 min typing a summery of how I felt like I wasn't welcomed on this site due to my age, but it closed on me, i only was able to save a SMALL part of it. but I guess I should post it. Sorry guys, my longer version explained my complant allot better, but I am in no mood to type it again!

Well I love the podcast guys good job. You keep mentioning the website, so I came and visit it. For the last month or so, I have felt VERY alienated from most of the members. I understand why adults would love Nintendo and etc as much as kids, but man, I feel like I am talking to robots at times. I feel bad even mentioning this, but I have consider leaving the site all together just because of this. By robots I mean you at times show no compassion for games anymore (or at least send out this vibe).

After being ridiculed for my childish intellect (well... that's how I feel when ever someone replies to me) yesterday, I typed this sorta angry rant in a topic. I decided not to post it as it may hurt some feelings and point fingers. I however just didn't want to delete it, so in hopes that some of you may read this, and may realize you may in fact be one of these "robots". I MEAN NO disregards for you guys, and this website, just

Man, WHATEVER I say gets torn to cr@p on this website... I know after you point it out I was in fact wrong, but I am always wrong, and am allways reminded about it. I came to this website to listen to stuff about games and the media from diffrent perspectives, as I feel in love with the podcast. But I feel this website/forum IS WAY TOO mature for me, by mature I mean I am (a kid) alienated from everyone else.

And that is were it was deleted. I feel like a jerk, now. Without the end of my conclusion, you think I am just stupid. But I did explain I DO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE COMMING FROM at times.

Also, Please be nice in your replies, I know you ALL disagree with me, but once again my last part of the rant DID cover that. Once again, sorry guys, I do love you all, just can be inhuman at times :D

I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: A rant about a lost rant of a whole nother rant
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:26:59 PM »
The quiet passive ones are all here. But many of us just keep quiet for the same reason you've learned.  Don't worry there are easy going dudes here too.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:37:17 PM »
How old are you anyway?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:38:01 PM »
I have a feeling you are talking about me Snipper64. I really only did what I did was to try and help you out. You are a pretty good poster.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 12:10:20 AM »
I hope you don't mind my brutal honesty, but the way you worded this with colored text confuses me. So what is your issue with this site exactly? Do you feel that we are being too fanatical about game discussion? Did someone insult you in a discussion? I want to know exactly what caused you to be upset so we can work on this.

If seems that you are upset because as a new member you feel as if you don't fit in and when you try to comment on something you get insulted and ridiculed. In other words, you are a noob and people are abusing you.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 12:32:36 AM »
Snipper64, I would not take anyone's remarks towards you to heart, but here are a few friendly tips that may help you out going forward.

1) Try and clean up spelling and grammar errors. While they may not be a direct reflection of your intelligence, many people read them as such. If you put together a (mostly) coherent topic or reply, with little to no errors, people will more than likely be more respectful towards you and your ideas.

2) Always check extensively (with Google search search_term site:nintendoworldreport.com/forums) for past topics that already have discussion on something you want to talk about. Only in the case where you absolutely can't find something should you create a new topic.

3) Avoid posting topics that are better suited for MySpace/Live Journal/Facebook/Twitter. These types of conversational topics not directly related to games don't tend to be well-received around here, so better to keep them out of here rather than push them on people.

All in all though, I think you are an asset to the forums, just one that is slowly becoming acquainted with the way things are. Give it some time, put some thought into my suggestions, and see where they go if you decide to put them into practice. Remember, being in an arena where discussion is only carried on through words, the words you decide to post are the only things that can give people an indication of who you are.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 01:39:29 AM »
Mr. Jack is wrong about Number 3.  The funhaus is the perfect place for dat ****.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 09:07:46 AM »
(How old are you?  This has never been a concern of mine.)

Your posts are fine.  As Mr. Jack said, you have a tendency to create new threads about topics that already exist.  Try to cut back on that.

I rather enjoyed your series of "top 5 games from ABC system" polls, but they became too frequent.  One per month would be the sweet spot.  Too many and you risk spamming the board and diluting the discussion.

So what is your issue with this site exactly?

Sounds like he has the same problem Bill had--we don't care about games any more, just tearing them apart, dissecting sales and bitching about Nintendo in general.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Snipper64

• View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 03:22:23 PM »
I have a feeling you are talking about me Snipper64. I really only did what I did was to try and help you out. You are a pretty good poster.

Nope, not you. Thanks you guys. I was just upset the other day I guess, Maybe I did just overstate. Sorry.

As for my age, lets just say when I was very young, I played nes, and my first systems were N64 and Gameboy color. I am young, but not too young :D

As for "what was my problem?". Well many small diffrent things, some was my error, some were as vudo put gently "Sounds like he has the same problem Bill had--we don't care about games any more, just tearing them apart, dissecting sales and bitching about Nintendo in general."

Keep up the good work you guys.

I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 06:32:28 PM »

Nope, not you. Thanks you guys. I was just upset the other day I guess, Maybe I did just overstate. Sorry.

As for my age, lets just say when I was very young, I played nes, and my first systems were N64 and Gameboy color. I am young, but not too young :D

As for "what was my problem?". Well many small diffrent things, some was my error, some were as vudo put gently "Sounds like he has the same problem Bill had--we don't care about games any more, just tearing them apart, dissecting sales and bitching about Nintendo in general."

You have to remember that the angst towards Nintendo is not exclusive to NWR as due to Nintendo changing shifts in their marketing and being extremely successful while creating a feeling of "abandonment" in fans.

Second, if you think NWR is bad avoid VGchartz and Go Nintendo like the plague. At the very least we discuss games. All they do is whine and create a show while the people at VG Chartz argue over numbers that aren't even real.

We've realized that there WAS a major angst theme around here, especially after last year's E3. But things have been changing slowly as more positive news and games roll around. Once again, you have to remember that we discuss things according to what is going on. So for example, if Nintendo announces Zelda Wii for this year at E3 we will be very happy and excited. If Nintendo announces that the only release this year is Wii Walk, expect the angst to come in.

Finally, this is a reality across all game discussion forums. I doubt you will find one that is level head, fair and balanced. Its non-existent. Remember, this is the internet we are talking about.

What I recommend is that if you feel someone insulted you click on the "report moderator" option on the post. We will look over the offending post and act accordingly.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 06:40:22 PM »

As for "what was my problem?". Well many small diffrent things, some was my error, some were as Vudu put gently "Sounds like he has the same problem Bill had--we don't care about games any more, just tearing them apart, dissecting sales and bitching about Nintendo in general."

You have to remember that the angst towards Nintendo is not exclusive to NWR as due to Nintendo changing shifts in their marketing and being extremely successful while creating a feeling of "abandonment" in fans.

Second, if you think NWR is bad avoid VGchartz and Go Nintendo like the plague. At the very least we discuss games. All they do is whine and create a show while the people at VG Chartz argue over numbers that aren't even real.

We've realized that there WAS a major angst theme around here, especially after last year's E3. But things have been changing slowly as more positive news and games roll around. Once again, you have to remember that we discuss things according to what is going on. So for example, if Nintendo announces Zelda Wii for this year at E3 we will be very happy and excited. If Nintendo announces that the only release this year is Wii Walk, expect the angst to come in.

Finally, this is a reality across all game discussion forums. I doubt you will find one that is level head, fair and balanced. Its nonexistent. Remember, this is the internet we are talking about.

What I recommend is that if you feel someone insulted you click on the "report moderator" option on the post. We will look over the offending post and act accordingly.

I don't agree with this. I found 1 and it is very nice.

Anyway hope you stick around Snipper64.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 07:31:15 PM »
And maxi is of course talking about http://bim-dizzle.com/community/

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 08:36:09 PM »
While that site is nice.I wasn't refering to that one.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »
Maxi: I do believe that there are some nice, fair minded gaming sites out there. But the sad reality is that most of the MAJOR gaming websites act this way. The more connected a site is to the industry the more fanatic it.

Gaming communities are, in a way, a reflection of the gaming industry as of now. If people in the industry are upset that, say, Microsoft decided to cancel the 360 fans will either be extremely angry or very, very happy because a console they hated is no more. If the industry confirms that Nintendo will no longer be making for casual gamers and the big wigs seem pleased, the fans will be pleased too.

Sorry, but that's reality. You either accept it and deal with it or do what I sometimes do and tune out of everything and focus on the actual games rather than what the industry is saying about them.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 10:45:03 PM »
Yeah that is troubling that most sites act that way. I don't really worry about what the industry says. And with that I'm going to play more ExciteBots!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 02:03:49 AM »
So for example, if Nintendo announces Zelda Wii for this year at E3 we will be very happy and excited. If Nintendo announces that the only release this year is Wii Walk, expect the angst to come in.

I promise no angst from me. I'm as capable as doubting Nintendo as anyone, but Wii Music has turned out to be the light of my life. I think it's ridiculous to completely tie our behavior to a specific litmus test.

Zelda or bust? I'm sorry, I don't buy into those dramatics. Now F-Zero or bust? THAT I might be able to get behind...heh.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 11:24:33 PM »
I can't check out the site in Maxi's sig because their nav menu doesn't work in my browser... just sayin'
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 11:28:49 PM »
What browser do you use Pale?
One of the most recent updates said that the remodeled site works with the most current version of FireFox and Internet Explorer. It works with most versions of Safari.

Edit:The sites been overwhelmed with people. Oh gosh.
Edit 2: The front page is down but I linked to the forums in my sig.
Edit 3: Site is back up.Link in signature.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:27:16 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Snipper64

• View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 12:17:59 PM »
lol, I have no idea whats going on :D

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 12:32:54 PM »
Snipper64 check your PMs.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 09:00:34 PM »
Hang in there, Snipper.  You gotta realize that there are people on this forum that have literally been posting here for ten years now.  The simple truth is that you can't just waltz in here and immediately get accepted, just like in the real world.  You gotta lurk for a little while, interject a few good points here and there, and soon you'll be off to the races.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 12:03:16 AM »
Things don't always work out however. Take me as an example, I've been here for over four and a half years, and there are still some people who don't get my name right.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 02:11:20 AM »
Things don't always work out however. Take me as an example, I've been here for over four and a half years, and there are still some people who don't get my name right.

Or even your name's initials, Mop it up. ;)

I say just be yourself, Snipper. Don't be afraid to ask questions or get things wrong. We learn from our mistakes. I know there have been several times on this site I was wrong on something and had to recant a statement or apologize for words I typed. Just earlier this week I unintentionally attacked Greg Leahy and had to apologize for it. Some of us here are big old grumpy bulls, but most us mean well. Don't be afraid to stand up for your opinions and beliefs.

A diverse lineup of people help to make the community more balanced. I personally believe that if something is messed up I should stick around. Paraphrasing one of my professors, "If all the people with lights leave a room, how can those who remain in darkness see the truth?"

You are an important part of that balance. Don't let the general age/'maturity' matter dissuade you from participating with us. Nintendo is a company for people of all ages and I believe this forum and site are as well. Just remember to be willing and open to listening and learning from other members. We other members should follow suit and listen and learn from you as well. Sometimes it is easy to forget that we are talking to other human beings with emotions and feelings. I hope everyone will remember to be nice to others on the site and be respectful to them. There are ways to respectfully disagree with others and still interact with them in a civil manner.

I hope you take heart and stick around. It would be sad to see another person leave like this.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 09:39:23 AM »
It would be sad to see another person leave like this.

Actually, it would be par for the course.  This place is very newbie-hostile, though in an odd way that's part of what drew me here.  Anyway, don't let them beat you, Snipper64!  Over 10,000 posters have tried and failed.  Be better than them!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »

To be honest you were away for 3 years, which is why I don't recognize your username from anywhere other than your recent posts that started last year.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 05:52:07 PM »

To be honest you were away for 3 years, which is why I don't recognize your username from anywhere other than your recent posts that started last year.
I know, I was being facetious with that whole line. I was just trying to inject some humour into the thread.

Offline Snipper64

• View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »

Or even your name's initials, Mop it up. ;)

I say just be yourself, Snipper. Don't be afraid to ask questions or get things wrong. We learn from our mistakes. I know there have been several times on this site I was wrong on something and had to recant a statement or apologize for words I typed. Just earlier this week I unintentionally attacked Greg Leahy and had to apologize for it. Some of us here are big old grumpy bulls, but most us mean well. Don't be afraid to stand up for your opinions and beliefs.

A diverse lineup of people help to make the community more balanced. I personally believe that if something is messed up I should stick around. Paraphrasing one of my professors, "If all the people with lights leave a room, how can those who remain in darkness see the truth?"

You are an important part of that balance. Don't let the general age/'maturity' matter dissuade you from participating with us. Nintendo is a company for people of all ages and I believe this forum and site are as well. Just remember to be willing and open to listening and learning from other members. We other members should follow suit and listen and learn from you as well. Sometimes it is easy to forget that we are talking to other human beings with emotions and feelings. I hope everyone will remember to be nice to others on the site and be respectful to them. There are ways to respectfully disagree with others and still interact with them in a civil manner.

I hope you take heart and stick around. It would be sad to see another person leave like this.

Thank you stratos and everyone else XD Making me feel alot better. Because I was in such a good mood, I just made a custom RFN man bean avator for your enjoy ment ;p More to come... next... THE BEAREREST!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 10:47:31 PM »
The MAN-BEAM as a Pokemon power...I'm afraid to think of the damage that does to enemy Pokemon.

Nice animation work, you made that yourself?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Snipper64

• View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 09:33:47 AM »
yup, I did, have a bearroist animation avator I am using next :D Allready made it, just need to take it off my disk key.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 01:52:46 PM »
Nice work, Snipper.

I think people should use my strategy, which is to be such a condescending ass that people will remember your name due to the extended flame wars that follow.  LOL

Actually, don't do that.

I consider the NWR Forums to be the Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts of Nintendo forums.  Virtually inaccessible for new players, incredibly difficult to play through, but somehow strangely rewarding.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 03:33:39 PM »
Also, Jonny hates us.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2009, 04:28:43 PM »
LOL you're slaying me today Vudu.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog