Author Topic: Little King's Story (Formerly King Story, which was formerly Project O)  (Read 60836 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Little King's Story (Formerly King Story, which was formerly Project O)
« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2009, 06:02:41 PM »
Several people from GameFAQs have said that, when they received their exchange for a defective copy from XSEED, the "little something extra" they sent back was a free copy of Rune Factory Frontier. Too bad I didn't choose to go that route, as then I'd have gotten that game for free. But if anyone gets a defective copy then you should send it to them and see if you can get that freebie.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2009, 06:35:15 PM »
That's pretty amazing of them.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »
Several people from GameFAQs have said that, when they received their exchange for a defective copy from XSEED, the "little something extra" they sent back was a free copy of Rune Factory Frontier. Too bad I didn't choose to go that route, as then I'd have gotten that game for free. But if anyone gets a defective copy then you should send it to them and see if you can get that freebie.

Well they have to get rid of their stock someway. The desert has no room left after ETs abomination was buried. It is cursed land now, so what else do you do when you can't sell a game? Give it away of course!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2009, 03:43:37 AM »
Except RFF is still selling consistently according to the publisher.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2009, 03:46:57 AM »
Why didn't they instead choose to reimburse the shipping cost? Wouldn't that have been most cost-effective?

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 15, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »
Alright, so I finally beat the game a few days ago and I'm ready to discuss now, noname! :D :D :D

noname? where'd you go?
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 15, 2009, 06:03:58 PM »
You can discuss it with me if you'd like, I've completed the game. I'm not really sure what the ending was supposed to mean, it didn't make so much sense to me, so I'm curious what you make of it.

Be sure to use spoiler tags.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2009, 11:14:39 AM »
Ok, so first of all... If I'd known my special rocket ship girl (I chose Verde :( )would get fricking eaten by a giant rat, I would've brought someone I didn't like very much. Sheesh, that sucked. Give me a chance to save her, don't just tease me with her being dragged away and held captive nearly the entire battle, and then not let me save her from getting eaten!!! I don't care if it's a dream or whatever.

I also have to agree with noname's post from awhile back that the theme, the style, the whole presentation is really entwined together, and—even though I still don't really think it HAD to be done that way—it actually makes the direction make sense, considering the fact that everything took place inside the little puppet theater, born of the kid's imagination/daydreams/musings/memories. The only thing about the ending that confused me was, if it was a dream like it seemed, how could Kid Corobo have seen King Corobo when he woke up? Are they saying that his intense imagination actually made his daydreams real??? Or maybe he's just schizo? Haha, I don't know. I think I'm reading too much into it. What did you think?

With this and Rune Factory Frontier, I'm playing my Wii more than I have in months... think I'm gonna have to join Stratos' SXC campaign. :)
Twitter

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2009, 11:38:46 AM »
the whole presentation is really entwined together

That is why you should listen more to the person who you are a number 1 fan of.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2009, 05:50:05 PM »
With this and Rune Factory Frontier, I'm playing my Wii more than I have in months... think I'm gonna have to join Stratos' SXC campaign. :)

Join project Sexy!

I need to get back to playing this game. I think I'll have some time tonight so I'm going to have a rare multi-hour play session. I hope I don't have to stay late at work.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2009, 06:54:33 PM »
If I'd known my special rocket ship girl (I chose Verde :( )would get fricking eaten by a giant rat, I would've brought someone I didn't like very much.
Yeah, that did seem a bit odd. I wonder what would happen if you chose the fat princess? Too big to eat maybe? Probably not. Also, I didn't know you could choose Verde, I thought you had to pick a princess...?

actually makes the direction make sense, considering the fact that everything took place inside the little puppet theater, born of the kid's imagination/daydreams/musings/memories.
Yeah, towards the end I actually kind of wondered if that were going to be the case. Especially with Noname mentioning that the ending offered a sort of explanation. Did you read the notebook in the kid's room? It seems to suggest that the people who populated the world were based off people he had met. For example, he said he had a uncle who drinks too much which is clearly King Duvroc. And he had a neighbor who thought he was the greatest because he was so tall, who was probably King Long Sauvage. But what is kind of sad, if true, is that he mentioned that his grandfather had died last year and became a knight up in heaven; this was most likely Howser the Bull Knight.

At least, that was my understanding of that.

if it was a dream like it seemed, how could Kid Corobo have seen King Corobo when he woke up? Are they saying that his intense imagination actually made his daydreams real??? Or maybe he's just schizo?
That's the part I didn't understand. I honestly can't figure out what that was supposed to represent. But, then I wonder, who was this "God" that was referred to throughout the game? This "God" left memos on how to beat each king, so was "God" actually the little kid? He himself was his own god? WHAT? I DON'T KNOW!

...Did I just break the forum rules?

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2009, 04:47:24 PM »
If I'd known my special rocket ship girl (I chose Verde :( )would get fricking eaten by a giant rat, I would've brought someone I didn't like very much.
Yeah, that did seem a bit odd. I wonder what would happen if you chose the fat princess? Too big to eat maybe? Probably not. Also, I didn't know you could choose Verde, I thought you had to pick a princess...?

actually makes the direction make sense, considering the fact that everything took place inside the little puppet theater, born of the kid's imagination/daydreams/musings/memories.
Yeah, towards the end I actually kind of wondered if that were going to be the case. Especially with Noname mentioning that the ending offered a sort of explanation. Did you read the notebook in the kid's room? It seems to suggest that the people who populated the world were based off people he had met. For example, he said he had a uncle who drinks too much which is clearly King Duvroc. And he had a neighbor who thought he was the greatest because he was so tall, who was probably King Long Sauvage. But what is kind of sad, if true, is that he mentioned that his grandfather had died last year and became a knight up in heaven; this was most likely Howser the Bull Knight.

At least, that was my understanding of that.

if it was a dream like it seemed, how could Kid Corobo have seen King Corobo when he woke up? Are they saying that his intense imagination actually made his daydreams real??? Or maybe he's just schizo?
That's the part I didn't understand. I honestly can't figure out what that was supposed to represent. But, then I wonder, who was this "God" that was referred to throughout the game? This "God" left memos on how to beat each king, so was "God" actually the little kid? He himself was his own god? WHAT? I DON'T KNOW!

...Did I just break the forum rules?

Good questions all around, and they're all the ones I wondered when I went through it. In Tyrant Mode, Pancho makes it pretty clear that Kid Corobo is, in fact, "God" in this world, but how King Corobo came to be is never explained. I did like the little snippets that showed where all the major characters came from.

And I'm glad I begrudgingly took Verde with me, as she kind of got on my nerves. Once I knew what was coming though, I picked Ferne. I could think of no more appropriate a fate for that gold-digger...

Spoiler-tagging is fun!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2009, 04:58:35 PM »
I, too, picked Ferne, but for a completely different reason.  I <3 Ferne.   :-*
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2009, 05:01:52 PM »
All of my batteries are dead. Now I can't finish this game. Stupid Nintendo not making the Wiimotes rechargeable. :P

I'm catching up on the back episodes of RFN and I'm listening to them talk about LKS right now.
My Game Collection

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2009, 05:08:06 PM »
I, too, picked Ferne, but for a completely different reason.  I <3 Ferne.   :-*

Hey, don't get me wrong, her picture went up in my bedroom, and all over the castle...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2009, 05:29:21 PM »
Hey, don't get me wrong, her picture went up in my bedroom, and all over the castle...

I picked the mushroom-tan girl (#3 or #4 from the fan art) for my mantle.  ;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2009, 01:18:47 PM »
Mushroom girl was hawt, no denying that. But Verde was cute, too, and we'd been together the whole time... I was bummed. I mean, she could be annoying, but she showed her true colors when you had the "Pay Me!" quests... I offered her the top amount, and she turned it down, saying "Use it for the kingdom, I'm just glad you care." or something like that. Oh, Verde, dang you for getting eaten! :'(

You know, this brings up a major issue I have with video games these days. GIVE ME A FREAKING HAPPY ENDING, OK??? Let me have a chance to save my girl. Heck, this bothered me about Metroid Prime 3, too: developers, you spend all this time and effort getting to know these characters, give me an option – make it really difficult to do, I don't care – to save them somehow. It sucked having to fight the bounty hunters in boss battles, even though they were pretty epic and awesome battles...

Oh, Spumoni... :D I was always concerned she was going to appear at the foot of my bed in the morning, and I'd be missing a leg or have a chunk taken out of my "dumpling" butt. Ahahaha, she was weird.

...In Tyrant Mode, Pancho makes it pretty clear that Kid Corobo is, in fact, "God" in this world...

So there are differences other than just the difficulty in Tyrant mode? Probably not many, but... still, interesting...
Twitter

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2009, 03:30:28 PM »

...In Tyrant Mode, Pancho makes it pretty clear that Kid Corobo is, in fact, "God" in this world...

So there are differences other than just the difficulty in Tyrant mode? Probably not many, but... still, interesting...
[/quote]

That was pretty much the only one, actually. Oh, the ending is "extended" via a single extra picture at the end, but that's all I noticed.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2009, 06:37:00 PM »
Ha ha, no way am I trying this game on the Tyrant mode. Easy was no cakewalk as it was. But maybe I'll check GameFAQs and see if I can read about what's added to the story.

Is Corobo the default name for the controlled character?

Did anyone else notice this? When the king has two life points left, he grows a beard. When he has one life point left, his hair turns gray. That seems really strange to me...

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2009, 09:25:51 PM »
Is Corobo the default name for the controlled character?

Did anyone else notice this? When the king has two life points left, he grows a beard. When he has one life point left, his hair turns gray. That seems really strange to me...

Yeah, pretty sure Corobo was the default name.

And actually, I thought he grew a beard when he'd been up all day long... But the gray hair is for sure when he has one point. Actually, all your townspeople turn old when they have a single life point left. It's kinda funny. I dismissed my guard and talked to one of the old dudes, and he started talking about getting old and missing the vigor of his youth, or something like that. Clever touch. :P
Twitter

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2009, 11:11:16 PM »
Yeah, the age thing makes m more attached to my people because as they age I want to protect the older veterans who served the kingdom. I get sad when they get old and die before my eyes too. It's like I'm watching life in fast-forward. Giving them specific names didn't help either as I can notice wen I stop seeing a certain name in the town and feel sad.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2009, 12:08:42 AM »
But the gray hair is for sure when he has one point. Actually, all your townspeople turn old when they have a single life point left. It's kinda funny.
But it is supposed to be some sort of symbolism or something? It seems a bit too weird to be done randomly.

I get sad when they get old and die before my eyes too.
That can happen?

Giving them specific names didn't help either as I can notice wen I stop seeing a certain name in the town and feel sad.
I think that makes you more careful with your units so you're not just treating them as tools.

What's funny about it is that, although I didn't usually lose more than one person, it was always the same person, Lily. She got body-slammed by the giant cow boss, poisoned and trampled by the giant mushroom, eaten by the giant frog, etc. I'm not really sure why it was always her but she's quite a trooper indeed!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2009, 10:15:15 AM »
Ah, reliable lumberjack Mike and his faithful purple-haired lumberjack wife, Lyrica. What an intrepid duo.

It's funny how you get so attached to characters that aren't even that well developed. :P

But the gray hair is for sure when he has one point. Actually, all your townspeople turn old when they have a single life point left. It's kinda funny.
But it is supposed to be some sort of symbolism or something? It seems a bit too weird to be done randomly.

I thought it was that he shaved in the morning, and if he stayed up all day/night, he grew a beard...?
Twitter

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »
No, I think the beard comes as you get more hurt. Closer to death = older age. On Tyrant Mode, all your folks start with one health only, so your kingdom is made up of geriatrics (and Corobo is always the most adorable octogenarian ever).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2009, 05:46:46 PM »
On Tyrant Mode, all your folks start with one health only, so your kingdom is made up of geriatrics (and Corobo is always the most adorable octogenarian ever).
Exactly why I'm not going to try it. Some boss's attacks are unavoidable so I don't see how it's even possible.