Author Topic: Holy Crap! *New Tech/Gadget Thread*  (Read 189450 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Crap! *New Tech/Gadget Thread*
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2010, 11:17:16 PM »
Someone should follow this topic up with an article about AIDS being cured.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
If it ever gets cured, sure. So far there isn't a cure (don't bother mentioning the guy in Germany, he had an extremely rare mutation and the results have not been able to be duplicated in other people).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2010, 12:04:45 AM »
If it ever gets cured, sure. So far there isn't a cure (don't bother mentioning the guy in Germany, he had an extremely rare mutation and the results have not been able to be duplicated in other people).

I watched on TV a while ago that said that cases of the desease are going to increas in the next few years. I wrote that in response to BnM's article about the pregnancy buster leading to promescuity.  :P:
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2010, 01:22:49 AM »
lol aids, pregnancy, and herpes and then we live in a perfect world

nanobots, nanobots
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2011, 05:24:27 PM »
not really a technology thing, but still kinda cool

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/01/insect-wing-color/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2011, 05:24:49 AM »
All hail Science
sciencefuckyeah!!.jpg

Skin Spray Gun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXO_ApjKPaI&feature=player_embedded

This thing needs to get approved and put into every single hospital around the world. It's like V technology ;)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2011, 05:40:50 AM »
That's awe-inspiring. Simply amazing.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2011, 06:31:28 AM »
The man was healed from 2nd degree burns in 4 days. 4 DAYS!!! The future is here.

They made stem cells from his own skin and was ready to spray him within 1.5hrs from taking the sample. 1.5 HOURS!!!
How has this thing not gotten more press & funding. That is like a medical miracle.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2011, 11:06:13 AM »
Well the problem is that it actually heals people, which isn't good for the hopsital business. It's amazing, but the fact that it's more like a cure than a treatment is probably why it's not getting the attention it deserves.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
Cynical bastard.

The problem is that it's in it's infancy. You start small then grow. That's how these things work and it's why treatment options are so aggressively regulated.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2011, 05:10:07 PM »
you could probably get away with not even using peoples own skin cells

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2011, 05:36:13 PM »
you could probably get away with not even using peoples own skin cells
but it's so easy to do that even a caveman can do it it only takes 1.5 hours from admission to administering.

It used to take weeks, and now we are down to minutes, so why take another shortcut and risk any sort of rejection?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2011, 06:03:26 PM »
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/02/water-powered-jet-pack-runs-for-two-hours-on-a-single-tank/
I just want to know what practical use will anyone have for a jetpack that tethers you to the water connected to a jetski-like pump?
It looks like fun, but other than just playing around, what would you use it for? power washing the deck of your yacht?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »
Cynical bastard.

The problem is that it's in it's infancy. You start small then grow. That's how these things work and it's why treatment options are so aggressively regulated.

Thats fucking amazing, but it's hard NOT to be a cynical bastard, all things considering..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2011, 04:47:55 AM »
Clean is better than dirty, and dirty is meaner than clean

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/02/water-powered-jet-pack-runs-for-two-hours-on-a-single-tank/
I just want to know what practical use will anyone have for a jetpack that tethers you to the water connected to a jetski-like pump?
It looks like fun, but other than just playing around, what would you use it for? power washing the deck of your yacht?

What practical use do you have for a jetski?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2011, 08:14:43 PM »
towing people on the back, picking people up out of the water, stunts and tricks, escaping from coast guard through a series of low tide tunnels.

A jet-ski is useful beyond just having fun. I don't see what ulterior uses for that jet pack other than $25 for 20 minute ride at the local lake/resort tourist area.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2011, 01:07:21 PM »
Here is the next step in the evolution of Project Terminator Human Extinction*
Flesh Eating Machines
http://pruned.blogspot.com/2011/01/carnivorous-domestic-entertainment.html

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/02/07/133432897/meat-eating-furniture
"We want robots to be able to get their own energy from the environment," says Professor Melhuish. Fair enough. But giving robots a taste for flesh seems just a touch wrong-headed. I mean quickly ask yourself what could possibly go wrong with this scenario.

I agree with the fellow who wrote their London-based blog to say:

With the exponential growth of robotic technology and AI it seems tempting fate to give robots a taste of organic matter as an energy source. This is something not even postulated by the Terminator movies, that the robots would eat us for energy. If you're going to make eating robots at least make them vegetarian only.

Yes, you may wonder what happened to that fern that used to be on the window sill, but you wouldn't have to worry about your cat.

I say if the robots are gonna be powering themselves, then we better make them reliant on solar energy and not organic energy. They start eating plants, they may eventually take our oxegen supply and if they start eating flesh... well then we are all fucked.

-----------------------------------------
edit: And yet another step in Project TerminatorHuman Extinction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12400647
Robots to get their own Internet
Robots could soon have an equivalent of the internet and Wikipedia.

European scientists have embarked on a project to let robots share and store what they discover about the world.

Called RoboEarth it will be a place that robots can upload data to when they master a task, and ask for help in carrying out new ones.

Researchers behind it hope it will allow robots to come into service more quickly, armed with a growing library of knowledge about their human masters.

What could possibly go wrong here? Robots sharing secrets between each other, possibly discussing which types of meat provide the most bang and least amount of clean up. Plotting against us from all sides secretly forming a united army using our own satellites against us.

*Project Terminator Human Extinction is self aware, self sufficient, self replicating robots.[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:19:14 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »
I've only managed to watch this a month later (YouTube playlist backlog), and even though I don't need glasses I still find it awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnIrA60g-88

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2011, 06:57:59 PM »
holy crap

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2011, 06:13:08 PM »
That's pretty sweet.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2011, 03:52:20 PM »
I've seen 3D printers where they can print out prototypes so you can see it from all angles, but this is taking it to a whole new level.

Tin Man: Oh Dorothy, I'm cold and lifeless, if only I had a heart...
Scarecrow: Oh Dorothy, I'm a stupid man, if only I had a brain...

Dorothy: No problem guys, let me just print one up for you real quick.

Lion: What about me Dorothy, can you print me some courage?

Dorothy: ........

http://www.ted.com/talks/anthony_atala_printing_a_human_kidney.html
Surgeon Anthony Atala demonstrates an early-stage experiment that could someday solve the organ-donor problem: a 3D printer that uses living cells to output a transplantable kidney. Using similar technology, Dr. Atala's young patient Luke Massella received an engineered bladder 10 years ago; we meet him onstage.

Anthony Atala is the director of the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, where his work focuses on growing and regenerating tissues and organs. His team engineered the first lab-grown organ to be implanted into a human -- a bladder -- and is developing experimental fabrication technology that can "print" human tissue on demand.

In 2007, Atala and a team of Harvard University researchers showed that stem cells can be harvested from the amniotic fluid of pregnant women. This and other breakthroughs in the development of smart bio-materials and tissue fabrication technology promises to revolutionize the practice of medicine.

"Anthony Atala bakes things that will make you feel good inside, but we're not talking cakes and muffins."
PBS

Imagine a new liver, new kidneys, new lungs.... and eventually new eyes..... and new skin.
The fountain of youth isn't a fountain at all.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2011, 08:38:07 PM »
British snipers to be armed with supergun that pinpoints the enemy by 'hearing bullets

'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367487/The-ultimate-rifle-British-supergun-hears-bullets-rolled-troops.html?ITO=1490

Troops serving on the front line currently use telescopic lenses and scopes fitted to their rifled to pick off enemy soldiers.

But the rifle-mounted locator picks up the sound of the gun's muzzle when the bullet is fired and then track the waves of sound through the air.

The same technology used in Nintendo Wii games - where players use wireless controllers - has been used to develop the sensor.

Um ok.. if you say so.

"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2011, 12:29:55 PM »
U.S troops are getting these things in Afghanistan this year. Pretty cool, but it can't tell the difference between friendly and enemy fire, so it tells you where every single shot comes from.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.