Author Topic: So... Car Accidents Are Fun.  (Read 5348 times)

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
So... Car Accidents Are Fun.
« on: December 05, 2008, 07:48:57 AM »
Just had my first one an hour ago. Good times. This lady runs a light in the middle of my left protected turn. Hits me on the passenger side and flips me around 360 degrees and halfway on to the island.

I get out, and as she exits her vehicle the first thing out of my mouth is "Are you okay?". The first thing out of hers?

"YOU JUST RAN THE LIGHT!"

So apparently she wasn't in a mood to be cordial or even sane as I kept trying to ask her if she needed an ambulance and she was more concerned with rambling wildly and accusing me of running the light. I gave up and walked back over to my car and called the police and asked for an ambulance anyway. So now it's going to be my word against hers and that's always fun.

I hate people, I really really do.
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: So... Car Accidents Are Fun.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 08:32:55 AM »
Seriously? Wow. You're not hurt are you?

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 08:37:46 AM »
Damn man, that sucks to hear. It's always a pain in the ass to deal with accidents. I can't even begin to tell you how many times people have managed to hit me. One time in particular, I was in the parking lot to the CS building of my college, and a girl pulled in and totally trashed my passenger side door. Starts crying and the whole works, begs me not to call the police, so like and idiot, I don't. Anyway, I file the claim and the bitch denies it all and I have to file with my insurance company to get the work done.

Long story short, it goes all the way to court, and I win, however my insurance company still raises my rates anyway! Also, the work that got done was ****, and my passenger side door is still rusted on the bottom to this day.

Ugh, anyway, good luck Mav, you're going to need it.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 08:39:59 AM »
I'm definitely bruised up on my right side, but I don't know if it's anything serious.  I guess I'll just wait and see how I feel tomorrow.  She didn't seem physically hurt either, but she was rambling and throwing a hissy fit and just being incomprehensible.

And Mr. Jack, your story has wholeheartedly depressed me, I should have fucked up my car some more before the cops got there so I could guarantee a "total".  :-P

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 09:33:31 AM »
A couple of my prangs are documented here.

Was in the passenger seat in another crash fairly recently, some drunk-driver slammed into as going nearly 100km/h. Luckily it hit the back and all we did was spin about 720 degrees, otherwise my mate would be gone. The fucking idiot and his 7y.o. son were okay too luckily. The guy went to jail four about a year though, as far as I know he is still there.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 09:42:23 AM »
FULL FIST! I've been in about 3 accidents with other people. Other people always lose the plot. I love these threads.

So like my first one I was delivering pizza and I'm like "**** **** GOTTA HURRY, PIZZA TIME!" So I jump in my car, crank teh iPod, pull out towards the highway. It's night And I decide to use the gap created by the car turning into my street to cross the road. Double lane highway. The Ford Courier, obscured by the turning car slams into my drivers side.
I bump my head and come to, Their roo bar is blocking my door, preventing my exit, so I get out the passenger side. Fucken, glass everywhere, all over the road. It's right outside the pizza shop. People are everywhere, getting helped out by strangers, everyone is fussing unnecessarily event hough I'm fine. I hear the other people are fine. I think I met them sitting down on the side of the lawn, I said I was sorry. Some stranger takes me to her place and I watch telly. Visit the hospital and pass their look around text. Dad asks about the other people "Oh they came through earlier, they'll be ok"
Pizza companyinsurance not only covers it all, but overvalues the price of my (two week in my possession) car by about a grand, minus the $900 excess, I make $100!

Accident number 2 was at a carpark in Australind. it was Australia day and 17 year olds were hassling me to buy them piss, I was probably already over the limit anyway but somehow I agreed to drive them past the bottle-o to prove to them that it was closed because, ****, it's 9pm on Australia day. Some other fat bitch is also driving around for no reason, probably looking for a meat pie shop. Anyway, as I'm turning left (Non Brits, Aussies, Japs and Kiwis should keep in mind that we drive on the left) Somehow I hit someone driving the other way in the right lane? How is this possible? Oh by the fact that she wasn't in the right lane at all and rather in the middle of the fucking road like the fat bitch who requires more room she is. I foolishly decide to do the right thing and stop and get out and not just drive my mostly undamaged car out of there. Bitch gets out and loses the plot. "AWWW WAHH WAH THIS ISN'T EVEN MY CAR LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE THIS IS TERRIBLE" I probably should've asked if she even had a licence (fat women cannot distract driving testers with shirt skirts as easily) We swap numbers as her fiancé comes down to assess the situation. No ****, I wrot emy details on the only paper she had in her car, a bag from a bakery.
Fiancé comes down and claims it's my fault as she had right of way. I suggest that it is difficult for a car as small as mine to hit the door of a car in another lane. We agree not to call the cops because the damage looked to be less than $1000. (And I was probably over the limit.) Turns out they went to Chet-Rippo's Dent Fix'ems for the repair quote on their most common car door in the country door. $1500. The damage depletes all the money I had saved to start university. He was being an arsehole throughout the whole thing, albiet calm and collected while his girlfriend continues to misplace her **** in teh background. He didn't even shake my hand when I offered.
Don't worry though because there is a happy ending to this story. About eighteen months later I heard through my parents (because WA is such a small place) that the bloke had recently died. HAH! Who's number 1 now dickhead? I would've been happier if I heard that the fat girl was dead instead though.

My third accident involved rear ending someone who stalled when they went to drive off at a give way sign on a highway. I just kept on trucking into their rear. We drive out of the intersection and pull over. Well, I pull over. The old crab driving decides that he's content to stop his car, engine running, on the road, 15 metres from the giveway/traffic lights intersection. This is the Leach Highway/Stirling Highway intersection, possibly the most congested intersection south of the river. Traffic includes freight trucks and ****.
Anyway so he gets out and loses the plot. I might as well not exist, he's angry at his car for being smashed, my car for hitting it, me for being 20, Leach Highway for existing and every single person driving past abusing him for parking where he was. It was golden, one car even stopped alongside and the guy in the passenger seat winds down his window "how's the damage? Is the car still roadworthy?"
"Yeah!" Old crab replies
"THEN FUCKEN MOVE IT" random hero yells back as they drive off.
While this is going on I'm calmly swapping details with his wife and trying not to laugh. She was definitely a gilf.
The bad news, I was uninsured at this time and their repairs cost over $3000. Their insurer was really cool about it though and said that if I paid in 30 days (they contacted me about 3 months after the accident) they'd make it $2000. I agreed and paid them in 40 days. I'm such a champ. My repairs cost about $400 and they did a super job.

Anyway Maverick, it's good to hear you're getting into accidents and **** and coming across all of society's upstanding citizens. Keep it up!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 09:45:31 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 11:34:37 AM »
Damn man, that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear about that experience, and i'm sorry that women was such a psycho (you're like a magnet to them!). I hope you end up ok and are just a lil bruised up like you think.

Since we're sharing car accident stories, heres mine! (Its not going in my story time thread cuz its not very humerous).

I had a crappy day at work, so when i left i wasn't concentrating much on anything other than going home and going to bed. It was raining lightly so the roads were slick. I must of been day dreaming or something because i didnt notice the car in front of me had slowed to a stop. I tried to break but it wasn't enough to keep me from sliding into the back of this SUV.

It wasnt a big impact but i got out to see if the person was ok anyway, and this tiny old women comes out and i felt even more awful then i would have if it was someone younger or a guy. Meanwhile this jackass in a nearby parking lot starts yelling at us "don't just leave your cars in the middle of the road you idiots, pull over!" and he goes to call the cops!

We pull into the parking lot and she's fine, her granddaughter is fine (grr, more guilt!) i'm also fine but i didnt care about that, I felt terrible about hittnig them. Their car was fine but my bumber was dead.. stupid tow hooks! We exchanged insurance information but she never took it to that since her car barely had a scratch, so there was no need for me to file anything either. I got off pretty damn lucky, eh?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 04:19:36 PM »
The best thing about all the fucked up **** that happens to me is that when I post about it here, I get to hear all of the fucked up stories from my fellow NWRers.  :)

(you're like a magnet to them!)

It's funny because it's true!  And also depressing.

Anyways, apparently I have to wait 10 days for the police report, so I guess for now I have to pay my deductible and hope the po-pos decide in my favor so I get my money back and my rates don't sky-rocket.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 04:54:19 PM »
The best thing about all the fucked up **** that happens to me is that when I post about it here, I get to hear all of the fucked up stories from my fellow NWRers.  :)

If thats the case, Then you'll LOVE this thread Just ignore the first couple of post, its complicated..
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 06:45:42 PM »
I don't have any good crash stories (no crashes at all) but I've been in the car with RAB so I've witnessed (and survived) his driving.

But here's Hybrid blogging about probably the slowest crash in history and the followup with the insurer.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 06:46:06 PM »
I've been hit like5 times, and every time it has been a woman. Women cannot drive. End of discussion.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 08:35:26 PM »
Sometimes, you just have to call the cops.  People are so fucking stupid sometimes. 

But, Mav, I hope everything works out for you.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 11:34:46 PM »
Ahh, my story involves an eastern european car full of racist Maoris, some Asians(Koreans) and my (car's) rear end.

I am cruising my way home from a long flight on the Northwestern Motorway heading away from the city of Auckland. Forced to stop at the usual traffic jam I stop the car. No sooner than the wheels stop rolling brakes screech and I get half a of **** as I look in the rear view mirror. One boom, then snap as I jolt forward. Fortunately I had slammed my brakes and barely move forward sparing the luck soul in front of me.

A quick assessment of injuries shows only mild annoyance. I shut down the car to go bad and check up on the two cars behind me. I quickly find no one is hurt. A good start. The Maori woman is screaming my child was in the back what is wrong you you people, at me no less. I explain since there are no injuries, we have to clear the road. After about 10 seconds of this I figure I better lead by example as one car is insane and the other can't speak english.

I pull over pretty quickly while the woman pours in on thick to the bemused Koreans. The husband to the woman finally gets her back in the car and on to the shoulder. Upon exit she resumes her tirade about how her ancestors were hard done etc and we(I) should treat her better because I have wronged her. To be honest, at this point I wished I did rape one of her ancestors just so she would make some sense. I tell her I am calling the cops and gets even more angry. I back down on the promise that she calm down(Knew the cops were coming all the same). I start collecting some details from the Koreans and keeping me in between them and the Woman.

The cops finally turn up surprisingly quickly. I thank the officer for coming and I pass the whole mess to him. I go wait by my car all the while the woman starts doing the same thing to the officer she did you me. At this point the cop threatens to arrest her. After the third warning she finally gets it through her skull she's in trouble if she continues.

It's quickly established the Koreans drive doesn't have a license with three passengers in a new model BMW. The Eastern European car while has no body damage from getting sandwiched, has become an inch shorter. My rear end's crumple zone does what it does best. Second cop arrives, takes my statement gives me some details from the other peeps and sends me on my way.

It was still a good day since I got entertained.

Edited to be a little less scary
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:00:26 AM by oohhboy »
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 10:52:04 AM »
i stopped reading that post at "my rear end" because i was afriad of what was going to happen.

either way, i'm sorry for you, your car/butt(?)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »
I've got plenty of crash stories, but can't be bothered to actually type any of them out right now.
Only one of them involving another car is my fault, two of them are self inflicted & one is the fault of a backseat passenger.
Most of them end with me receiving a check, the 2nd to last one ends with me writing a big one.
Most of the first half involves my old Camry, the last few are my Lexus. This has been a bad year for my Lexus...:(

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 01:38:45 PM »
Ok. I'll start with #1 as I take a break from doing P90X (damn that **** is intense)

I think I was about 17, just got my 1st car and picked my friend up & we went down to the mall. On out way back, we're doing about 40mph on a 3 lane rd. and I'm in the far right lane. There is a minivan way  in infront of me and we are about 1/4 mi. from the light up ahead (which is green at the moment). There are alot of cars in my lane, but the lane to my leftr is almost clear all the way up, which would allow me to pass a bunch of cars and get where ever I was going that much faster. So I decide to put my blinker on and attempt to get over to the left, but some car in the lane next to me decides to **** with me and speed up.

He pulls up right next to me and then starts to slow down. SO I speed up to get in front of him, but NO, he speeds up again & pills up right next to me so I can't get infront of him. He starts to slow down again so I punch the gas to get infront of him & he speeds up again, only this time, what I didn't notice was the light up ahead had turned red and all the cars infront of us had come to a stop. I slam my brakes, because my lane was kinda congested & there was a minivan about 35 feet infront of me, & the guy in the land next to me just coasted up to the light, cause no one was in his lane.

My brakes are locked, my tires are screeching & up to this point in my life this was going to be the longest 3 seconds of slowmotion action ever. The van is getting closer & closer but my car doesn't seem to be stopping. My friend next to me is putting his hands on the dash bracing himself for impact & pushing on the steering wheel as if thats gonna help slow the car faster. 5 feet, 4 feet, 3 feet, 2 feet  & crunch as everything disappears from view because my hood has folded in half.

Me and the minivan pull off into the shopping center entrance just ahead of us on the right cause my car is still running fine. A lady exits the minivan and she is 7-8 months pregnant!!! Oh ****, I think I'm going to jail for involuntary baby killing if anything happens to that baby. I apologize to the lady as she says that she is ok and plead with her how my mom is gonna kill me (I haven't even had the car for 3 weeks). We also noticed there was barely a scratch on her van but she wanted to exchange info just incase.

I pushed my hood down and tried to straighten out my head light, then took my car home. The whole time wondering if I was gonna receive a phone call about a miscarriage or still born baby that was all my fault. Thankfully that call never came & I never got into an accident with that car again. But what was funny was that mu right headlight would point up into the trees in the center of the road, so we could do some bird watching @ night while driving. This car gets retired a year later.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 02:02:01 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 02:26:39 PM »
Next we move onto the Camry. This car was like a fuckin magnet.

The very first incident that happened in this car was my fault. We were out drinkin, & I was giving thjs hot asian girl a ride home. I was parked in a narrow parking area, and she was talking to me while I was backing up, next thing I know I hit something. It was a truck with a tow hitch, and that tow hitch punctured my bumper.

Fastforward to several months later, I'm driving minding my own business and then the car infront of me slams on his brakes, so I slam on my brakes and the car behind me slams into me. results in me getting a check from his insurance. Good timing too, cause I needed the money (damn lawyer needed for something unrelated)

Thie above happens one more time, also resulting in a check with coincedental timing (once again lawyer needed for unrelated incident)

The next time I was on my way home from visiting my girl in Santa Cruz and came up on some bumper to bumper traffic. I've been sitting in in for about 2 minutes and I'm at the back end of it but there are a couple of cares behind me. I'm messing with my stereo when I see the cars infront of begin to move. All of a sudden I hear screeching tires, but don't thin much of it because there are several cars behind me and 3 other lanes, besides traffic is starting to move. BAM!!! my stereo skips.

Now the cops are there immediately and I'm a the front end of a 5 car collision (I still hadn't fixed my bumper ;)) I have to sit on the side of the road with a buch of other people while the police get the story straight and do their reports. I had just gotten my hair twisted the day before, but overnight in Santa Cruz my girl had messed it up & I was spending the entire drive up to this point taking the twist out leaving orange flakes from the gel all over the place. I looked a mess & was very embarrassed standing there with everyone else fora bout an hour.

I'm pretty sure that one ended with a check too, cause I claimed the damage to the back of the caragain like the last two incidents.

There is more, but I'll have to finish it later.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 02:29:48 AM »
I too have been blessed with a well timed car accident.  I rear end a guy, a couple weeks later this idiot backs up into me.  Same cop shows up each time for lols.  Ended up having an acquaintance fix the car and profiting about $100 in the end.  Word.

Basically the first accident was a combination of stupidity, poor luck, and an XBOX SIZED SUV.  I was driving along behind this huge fuckin SUV in very congested traffic, going extremely slowly as we had just been stopped at a red light that turned green.  I couldn't see **** over this huge beast in front of me since I'm have a small car, so I decided to change lanes.  I glanced back to look at my blind spot but I was looking a bit too long...in front of the SUV was a bus that was not able to see at all.  I assumed since the light just turned green the traffic wouldn't suddenly stop but some goddamn drunk homeless guy needed to use the STUPID BUS at that instant.  Bus stops (doesn't pull over like a normal bus either, stops in the middle of the road), SUV stops, I do not stop.  Crunch.

Damage wasn't too bad since it was a low speed collision.  Got outta there fast (but not without someone in a passing car recognizing me and yelling out my name...) and no one was hurt.

A few weeks later I'm behind this guy on a road.  EXCITING START HUH.  So he takes a left turn which happens to be the same left turn im taking, so I follow him.  All of a sudden he stops.  I stop, with the ass end of my car STILL IN ONCOMING TRAFFIC.  **** this guy is stupid.  Then, because why not just do something STUPIDER, he starts to BACK UP.  I lay on my horn but it's too late, he hits the exact same spot that got damaged in the first accident.  I had replaced the headlight but not the blinker on that side at that point in time.

Originally the fucktard's insurance company was going to give me $3000 and I was SO VERY HAPPY since that's like twice the value of my car, but slowly they realized (because of the damn blinker, i presume) that most of the damage was from the previous accident so they cut it down to $600.  That was still great though since as I said it resulted in a $100 profit and a few great memories.

The end.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 02:32:52 AM by KnowsNothing »
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 03:44:13 AM »
If only you fixed your damn blinker!! you would have profited $2500!!! ah hind sight is 20/20

Now back to where I left off...

Another time i was driving, in the same camry, and pulled up behind a big rig at a red light. There are four lanes here, far left = left turn, two center lanes to go straight and a small right lane for a right turn. The big rig was just sitting in the right center lane without any blinkers on and I needed to make a right turn. I hesitated at first, cause I hate being next to big rigs, but e was just sitting there, so I go for it.

As soon as I pull up along the big rig, it starts moving forward, but the light ahead of us is still red, so I had no idea what the big rig was doing, so I slowed down. That when when he started to make a right turn and his blinkers came on. But I was halfway from the back of the trailer & the front of the cab. so I try to speed up while honking my horn!! My lil right turn lane begins to narrow as the big rig slowly starts to veer into my lane while making a wide right turn. I try to pull up on the curb to get out of the way, but there is a tree preventing me from really getting out of the way. Besides I already knew it was too late.

I felt my car get lifted up as the ladder on the side of the trailer caught the rear left quarter panel on my car (driver side). That's when the driver realized I was next to him & what he just did to my car so he pulled over. He of course tried to blame it on me, and refused to give me his insurance saying I should take it up with his company, but wanted to take my insurance. (Did I mention that I didn't actually have any insurance in any of these stories?)

That's when I realized that this accident related luck was running out & I needed to fix my car once & for all.

About 2-3 months later, I was driving and was about to pass an adult school on  my right. There was a car infront of me and a car behind me. we were the only 3 cars in sight going in our direction. There is a car waiting @ the exit of the adult school waiting for us to pass so they can get out. Instead of moving forward like any driver in their right mind would have done, the driver infront of me SLAMS on their brakes to let this person out. Now me, being very experienced in spotting a collision now before it happens, was paying close attention to the car infront and behind me. I slammed on my brakes and turned my wheel to the right so I didn't accidentally hit the car infront of me. I also did this cause I looked in the rearveiw mirror at the same time and saw the girl behind me was looking down at her stereo & wasn't paying attention. I kinda honked the horn at the guy infront of me but the girl behind me looked up too late and slammed right into the back of me. Good thing I turned the wheel to the right & let my let my foot off the brake, cause it pushed me off to the side of the road narrowly missing the car infront of me.

I get out of my car & so does the teenage girl behind me. The car in front of me puts thier window down & has the nerve to ask "Hey did you hit me too!?"
I yelled back "Did it feel like I hit you asshole!!Get the **** out of here before I do!!"

the girl was cute but too young, and was driving her lil sis somewhere. She was telling me how her parents were going to kill her, but thanks to me leting my foot off the brake and turning the wheel, she didn't do too much damage to her own car. But I still claimed that she broke my bumper. That was the accident that finally fixed my camry.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »
I walking, got hit by a car, then was sued by the guy who hit me because his mirror was broken.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 09:53:36 PM »
****, anyone know any decent cars for around 3 grand? 

My ride, she's totaled.  :(

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 10:51:47 PM »
I feel there is more tot that story woth telling MagnificentOgre.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 11:51:32 AM »
I feel there is more tot that story woth telling MagnificentOgre.

I feel the same but lets not ask, we might not wanna know..