Author Topic: Official Naruto Manga Thread.  (Read 43585 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: Official Naruto Manga Thread.
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2007, 09:56:41 AM »
What twist was there at the end? We already knew one of those kids was going to turn out to be Pain.
I just want to know what kind of powers his wacky eyes give him.  

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2007, 11:22:50 AM »
Well, I thought that it'd be the spikey haired kid who was pretty much the leader of the three kids, but it was the one with the long, black hair. The other kid looked more like Pain's other body.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2007, 04:28:10 PM »
the other kid looked a lot like Minato...
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2007, 05:33:13 PM »
This is true, but Pain, Naruto and Yondaime all look alike.  

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2007, 05:45:26 PM »
Only sometimes, only sometimes.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2007, 02:30:07 PM »
Another week, another manga. The flashbacks should be over until we get to find out exactly what happened to those three before they formed Akatsuki. But until then, just what DID happen? Aaaand will this finally be Jiraya's end? Discuss.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2007, 02:41:54 PM »
I'm a bit lost on the complete lack of compassion that Konan and Pain have for Jiraiya considering it LOOKS like they parted on good terms, so I'm hoping that will be answered sometime soon... =)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2007, 03:59:24 PM »
I assume that something pretty bad happened to them once he left, leaving them feeling unprepared and then resentful towards Jiraya. Or, maybe they're just so cold that they'll kill off any outsider, friend or otherwise.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2007, 04:02:39 PM »
And what the hell can those eyes (the rinnengan) do that make them so powerful.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2007, 08:18:22 PM »
I am kinda angered at how stupid this makes Jiraya . . . if you REALLY think about it here's what happend:

1) Jiraiya discovers kid who has RIN'NENGAN the most POWERFUL of all the eye blood lines . . .
2) Jiraiya trains said kid with the most god like of all eye blood lines
3) Jiraiya LEAVES said kid in foreign country where he knows he will face many hardships . . .

wait . .. WHAT. Is Jiraiya insane? For once I AGREE with Oorochimaru in that he should have just killed him. Hell, when you say that the Rin'nengan is said to be from like demons themselves or something, wouldn't you think it smart to either slay the kid from the opposing village with it or I dunno STAY WITH HIM AND MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T GROW UP TO BECOME A MANIAC?

I dunno one or the other seemed way better than the "Welp . . . see ya!" he did . . . ::Sighs::  

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2007, 06:39:40 AM »
Well, Jiraya was still pretty immature in those days (like he's improved, amirite?), so he definitely didn't think that one through. He would have done better to bring him back to the leaf village, if anything. What ever the Rin'negan can do, it sure must be power considering what he's done with it over the years.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2007, 01:55:36 PM »
So, this week was pretty ok. Still some questions left though. How did Yahiko die? etc. We finally got Pain's full plan. We knew that he was gonna use the tailed beasts to sell as weapons, but now we know that it's with the intent of purging the entire planet. The summons were pretty sweet. We got some good comic relief. Let's hope for a good fight. It'll probably be Jiraya's last.

Discuss.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2007, 02:41:22 PM »
Pain's motivation is lame, he's got the power to create and destroy ninjutsu itself, he can revolutionize it, yet all he wants is to put the responsibility on others for his own depressing goals.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2007, 03:16:07 PM »
Yeah, truthfully, he's an interesting character, but not a very good one. He's too "destroy the world" typical, especially for manga/anime.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2007, 02:53:33 PM »
He has interesting powers, but he's too emo for my liking, heck he even looks like an emo with all those piercings and whatnot.
The thing that gets me is that Jiraiya might have to sacrifice himself for such a jerk, killing off such a cool character is really going to annoy me.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2007, 03:05:26 PM »
Me too. I REALLY liked Jiraya as a character, and I'll miss him when he's gone. If there's one thing that I wish, it's that he goes out either killing Pain or causing him to use some extremely desperate measures, like using the 1-3 tails for a small version of his ultimate jutsu.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2007, 01:27:52 PM »
So, Jiraya busted out some new at the end of this week's issue. Also, Pain seems to only do summonings, but what does Jiraya suspect that it means? Also, will Jiraya's new abilities be enough to gain him victory?
Discuss.  

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2007, 04:07:01 PM »
I think it's because Pain doesn't have a "real" body anymore, so each body he uses has a specific use, then again Jiraiya doesn't know about this. Then again, Pain might not like touching other people because he thinks he's a divinity. I don't know, he's wierd.
Jiraiya might just have a slight chance of winning, hopefully whatever it is that comes out of the shadow I hope we get to see some badass moves.  

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2007, 02:46:12 PM »
So, Jiraya's 'Hermit Mode' made quick work of Pain's Chameleon-like summon. A good chunk of the issue was an almost worthless flashback. Also, what's the deal with Pain's new summon?
Discuss.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2007, 03:39:23 PM »
I liked the flashbacks and the hermit mode was insane. My friend thinks the summon is Naruto parents or something . . . all I know is Jiraiya is gonna be in for a rough fight.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2007, 04:21:29 PM »
I don't think they're his parents, I mean, Jiraiya is pretty young in the flashbacks, I think, and, of course, the toads aren't people, and can't give birth to people, I'd wager.  Besides, we know that the fourth and some rain woman are Naruto's parents.

However, the person that giant toad was talking about was probably Naruto, not Pain.  After all, why would it be Pain when Pain isn't truly the head honcho?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2007, 04:40:51 PM »
Well, it could be Pain, but here's why I think it's not: Jiraya's not making a decision. In the flash back (which, albeit cool for looking in to Jiraya's past) the sage says that Jiraya would make a decision about him. He considers that he's just made the decision to kill Pain, but he was planing on doing that before discovering his identity anyway. However, he did already make the decision to train Pain in his youth. This also wouldn't make sense because the prophecy was about his pupil, which Pain wouldn't've been, if he just decided to take Orochimaru's advice. On the other hand, Pain's goals seem to be about world peace, but will most likely lead to the end of the world. This cross road compares to the prophecy, but could very well be a lead in.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
RE:Official Naruto Manga Thread.
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2007, 02:56:42 PM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
However, the person that giant toad was talking about was probably Naruto, not Pain.  After all, why would it be Pain when Pain isn't truly the head honcho?
we doin't really know that...

I think that Pain's summon is either an Edo Tensei variation, or two of his other bodies...
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2007, 11:47:34 AM »
Well, the manga skipped a week as my heart skipped a beat when I found out. Anyway, Jiraya came out swinging with some cool, new jutsu. However, Pain seems to be on his game. What will Jiraya do and what's the deal with these clones anyway?!?

Discuss.  

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2007, 03:12:13 PM »
Jiraya is so screwed . . . that is all lol