Author Topic: Official Naruto Manga Thread.  (Read 43588 times)

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Official Naruto Manga Thread.
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 06:48:16 AM »
Kinda a boring manga this week but I feel Jiraya will die . . . it's time for another character death.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 08:15:31 AM »
Jiraiya will "die," but not really...I personally would rather see Tsunade and Jiraiya dying in each other's arms...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 08:58:05 AM »
How can you not really die?

Do you mean like he's left for dead then comes back at a later point?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 09:23:36 AM »
He could be injured beyond recovery.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 11:55:18 AM »
I mean like, the manga will imply that he's dead, and all the characters will think he's dead, but he's really not... =)

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 12:18:31 PM »
Ah.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 03:18:01 AM »
Ok, interesting issue this week. We got some info on Pain. We know now approximately just how badass he is. Also, as a nice tidbit, we learn the origin of the name "Sanin." Pretty nice. Discuss.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 05:42:51 AM »
After this week . . . Jiraiya is so freaking dead. How in gods name can he beat Pain?

I loved how they put in the whole origin of the "Sannin" title . . . but yeah I don't even know what to expect next.

At first I thought Jiraiya would have a decent shot against pain but now I don't know. Also, Fumma clan? New blood line clan? Must . . . know. . . more.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 06:06:55 AM »
Pain is the leader of Akatsuki, so everyone should have expected him to be amazingly powerful... =)

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 06:16:15 AM »
I expected him to be amazingly powerful but not like . . . better than the 4th powerful lol which is what he seems to be.

Though I shouldn't write of Jiraiya just yet, seeing as how we never saw him go all out at this point.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 08:38:48 AM »
Jiraiya will lose, and Naruto will eventually fight and defeat Pain, showing his progress over the series and how he's surpassed the prior generations (just like what his win over Kakazu symbolized...)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2007, 09:18:49 AM »
Yeah, I can see this as the cue for a new arc. Jiraya's side of the story will probably end with his death. Then, after a (hopefully) climatic fight between Sasuke and Itatchi, the mission will end, resulting in a regrouping in Konaha, where Naruto will learn of Jiraya's death and proceed to try to defeat Pain. I'm just a bit curious as to how the stories will blend in. We've got some good conflicts in the works: Itatchi vs. Sasuke, Jiraya vs. Pain Kakashi vs. Tobi, Suigetsu vs. Kisame, etc.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE:Official Naruto Manga Thread.
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 09:41:36 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Jiraiya will lose, and Naruto will eventually fight and defeat Pain, showing his progress over the series and how he's surpassed the prior generations (just like what his win over Kakazu symbolized...)

What if that isn't how it happens?  What if they hypnotize Jiraiya, Tsunade goes to find out what happens, she eats something poisonous that she, as a medical ninja, has never before heard of, and then Yamato is somehow able to find all this out?  Then, what if Tobi kills the rest of the Akasumaraiasiias, and he gets killed by the people of the Village Hidden in the Rain?

What then!?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
RE:Official Naruto Manga Thread.
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2007, 03:01:28 PM »

Originally posted by: TVman
Yeah, I can see this as the cue for a new arc. Jiraya's side of the story will probably end with his death. Then, after a (hopefully) climatic fight between Sasuke and Itatchi, the mission will end, resulting in a regrouping in Konaha, where Naruto will learn of Jiraya's death and proceed to try to defeat Pain. I'm just a bit curious as to how the stories will blend in. We've got some good conflicts in the works: Itatchi vs. Sasuke, Jiraya vs. Pain Kakashi vs. Tobi, Suigetsu vs. Kisame, etc.

I still think Sasuke will be the final, FINAL boss for Naruto to take on... =)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2007, 06:28:24 PM »
I dunno. I'd like to see them befriend each other again. Have it so that their story ends differently than Orochimaru and Jiraya. However, I would love to see them duke it out one last time, just to see who is stronger at the end of the series. I particularly would think that after defeating Itatchi, Sasuke would move on to his second goal: rebuilding his clan. I assume Karin would help him because A) She's sciencey, right? and B) She totally has the hots for Sasuke. (But then, who doesn't?)

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2007, 06:57:58 PM »

dunno. I'd like to see them befriend each other again. Have it so that their story ends differently than Orochimaru and Jiraya. However, I would love to see them duke it out one last time, just to see who is stronger at the end of the series.

I would hope / assume that would happen as well as Sasuke really has no reason to become the "final boss" for Naruto.

A fight at the end where they fight just to see who is stronger (in a similar way as to how S-cry-ed ended) would make far more sense.

I particularly would think that after defeating Itatchi, Sasuke would move on to his second goal: rebuilding his clan. I assume Karin would help him because A) She's sciencey, right? and B) She totally wants to RAPE Sasuke.

Fixed =)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 06:04:04 AM »
This is, sadly, more accurate.  

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 06:20:30 PM »
Another nice issue this week. It definitely felt forboding of Jiraya's  death. We got to learn a little bit more about Minato (albeit, not too much). One thing I would like to know is what Naruto's mom thought of this or if she was already dead while it was happening. The story seems to be getting to the good part. Tobi standing on the Madara statue was pretty foreshadowing. Hopefully he'll have a nice showdown with Kakashi. Also, it's now presumable that Madara summoned the Kyuubi. It did ask Sasuke about him when they spoke. We were also teased at the fact that Naruto is ALOT stronger than he could've potentially have been before. If Pain kills Jiraya, I could see Naruto recieving the other half of the chakra and beating him.  

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »
Yeah this last chapter was definitely cool, information wise, no battles, but it was awesome how all that info was poured, and that frog summoning was wierd and cool at the same time haha, even the frog was wierd.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2007, 03:41:26 PM »
Maybe I never paid attention in prior chapters, but it was pretty neat to learn that the two figures at the Valley of the End are Madara and the First...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2007, 07:59:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Kakashi noted the significance of the statue, but not the names. Looking back, you can really see the meaning behind the Naruto/Susuke climax of Part I. I just hope we get more of that back story.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2007, 02:47:47 AM »
And the first won, so how freakin' powerful was he considering that Madara was the strongest uchiha.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2007, 04:49:04 PM »
Another week, another bump. Sorry, it's late this week, but I had some issues over the weekend. Anyhoo, let's not let trivial matters stop us, shall we?
So, we now know that Jiraya is somehow connected to Konan and Pain. Pain called him "sensei," so could this mean that there's something more to Pain looking like Naruto and the Fourth? Also, it seems that Pain has 6 different bodies. They most likely have different abilities, any speculations? Also, Naruto and co. seem to be hot on Sasuke's trail now! Will they catch him before he gets to Itachi? In any case, excite shall ensue in the next issue.
Discuss.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2007, 04:50:41 PM »
So, umm. . .after last week's thrilling discussion, we find some new info this week. It was a pretty good issue despite being mostly a flashback and not mentioning Sasuke. I liked the twist at the end. Next week will probably be more flashbacks, so hopefully we'll see more of Pain's abilities.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 03:18:30 AM »
No one like Naruto anymore. T_T