Author Topic: New Release Date for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess  (Read 25363 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE:New Release Date for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2006, 08:11:28 AM »
The Phantom.

They haven't released a single late game yet!
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: New Release Date for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2006, 08:55:38 AM »
"What's your basis of comparison here?

It's not Sony or MS, I know that for DAMN certain, so which mythical gaming company are you comparing Nintendo with which always makes its deadlines and never disappoints customers, ever?"

I'm not asking for a company that always makes it deadlines.  I'm asking for a company that makes a serious effort to keep their customers happy.  My comparision is oddly enough Nintendo who USED to be pretty good at doing this and has gotten worse and worse at it as time has passed.  Its not an issue of never being disappointed it's an issue of very frequently being disappointed.  I can deal with disappointments sometimes because that's life.  But I'm pretty sick of constant disappointments combined with no attempts to fix things.  It's the chronic nature of the problem that makes it a big issue.  It's like you say to Nintendo "I don't really like this" and they say "Yes you do!"  "This isn't very good."  "Yes it is!"  "I would really like this."  "No you don't!"  What other concole maker in gaming history has had that attitude?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2006, 08:59:12 AM »

Somehow Ian made this a thread of epic proportions and all that somes out of it is...

Ian doesn't like Nintendo.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: New Release Date for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2006, 09:06:25 AM »

I'm asking for a company that makes a serious effort to keep their customers happy. My comparision is oddly enough Nintendo who USED to be pretty good at doing this and has gotten worse and worse at it as time has passed. Its not an issue of never being disappointed it's an issue of very frequently being disappointed.

The problem, though, is that they dissapoint you because their number one priority is making the best games possible. And, personally, I don't want that to change. I wouldn't have wanted to play Mario 64 with load times. I wouldn't have wanted Wind Waker to have a realistic art style. I don't want them to stop delaying games so that they can be as good as possible.  Etc.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2006, 09:33:12 AM »
While I don't disagree about Nintendo making it more of a priority to listen rather than tell, I know for a fact that they're still the best in the industry when it comes to customer relations.

When the PSP's poor button placement rendered one of the buttons more difficult to press than the others, Sony insisted that gamers and developers alike would have to "adjust to it accordingly". When early PSP units had air bubbles or stuck pixels in the screens, Sony ordered the stores to not allow the units to be returned, forcing the customers to keep the bad units.

The first DS I bought had a stuck pixel. I was able to immediately exchange it for a new unit.

Don't get me started about Sony releasing better versions of their consoles for the same price throughout its lifespan, which leads some developers to take advantage of the new features, effectively screwing people who own slightly older versions of the console.

MS pulled ridiculous stunts to get people to use xbox live, like offering "downloads" which were actually already on the game disc but needed xbox live before they were unlocked.

When the xbox was first entering the market, MS had reps stationed at major store chains who basically lied like crazy about what the xbox could do and how the competition was inferior by comparison.

I understand that you're unhappy with Nintendo's attitude, but they're the lesser of three evils, by far. I'm not pissed at Nintendo because they're doing what needs to be done in order to compete in the gaming world, a world which has felt too much influence by fat, over-hyped sloths like Sony and MS. Nintendo basically has to be the "little guy with big dreams", otherwise they're just doing what Sony and MS are, just not as well.

Sony and MS have made the bare-minimum effort to keep their customers happy, far, far less of an effort than Nintendo has made, who still has the best customer service as well as a willingness to try new things in the gaming world.

You could read Sony or MS's spin and you'd come to the same conclusion: no matter who you hear it from, they're always going to say, "Our sh*t is the best and our competition sucks." Don't base the company on their spin: base it on their results in games, customer service and what they produce.

All things factored in, Nintendo is still WELL in the lead when it comes to quality and dedication.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64