Author Topic: Classic Controller and GC games?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Project Nemesis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Classic Controller and GC games?
« on: November 30, 2006, 04:11:31 PM »
OK, I know I have seen this answer somewhere but for the life of me I cant seem to find it again. Can you use the classic controller to play GC games? I ask because 3 of my 4 GC controllers are messed up.

And would anyone know if it's possible to fix them? On one of them, only the X axis of the control stick works (there is no Y axis movement) and the C stick loses calibration. The other one's control stick doesnt work at all. And the other one loses calibration constantly. And there is no "springy" feeling on the B button on any of them.

I had hoped Nintendo had learned to make better analog sticks after the N64 controllers. I have like 10 N64 controllers and the analog sticks on all of them are really messed up. I'll give this to Sony, I have had my PS2 since they came out with the PS2 + GT3 bundle and the analog sticks on both of them are still working perfectly. Of course, the PS2 itself is another story entirely.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Classic Controller and GC games?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 05:19:52 PM »
Only GCN controllers can be used to play GCN games.

Your ps2 controllers survived all this time because Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Party #_  etc aren't on ps2.  Otherwise there isn't much else that would give those sticks a violent workout.

I did have a roommate who WORE OUT the rubber coating off the ps2 analog sticks after playing so much SOCOM.  Apparently the sticks aren't just slippery, the rubber was weak, and made a little crater to expose the harder plastic core of the sticks.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.