Author Topic: 3DS Game Sales Up 55%, Wii U Releases to Increase Dramatically Says Reggie Fils-Aime  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts

Reggie dishes on Nintendo's recent successes. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33926

Nintendo has seen a 55% sales increase in Nintendo 3DS games, both through digital and physical copies, says president of Nintendo of America Reggie Fils-Aime.

When interviewed by GameIndustry International, Reggie talked about recent digital success, revealing that 11% of Nintendo's 3DS games were sold digitally.  One success story is the sales of Fire Emblem: Awakening which to date has sold 240,000 copies, with one third of those digital. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon sales were also highlighted with the total at 415,000 units. Also revealed was the percentage of 3DS owners who have connected to the internet, which currently sits at 67%.

Though not much Wii U info was given, Reggie says that "What I would say about Wii U - and what Mr. Iwata has said - is that the pace of launches has been slower than we hoped. But as we prepare for E3, the pace of launches for Wii U is going to dramatically increase."

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Very nice to see the 3DS picking up speed in the Americas.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
yeah this Reggie Fil-Aime sounds like a nice guy, he would be a way better president for NOA then that Reggie Fils-Aime bloke we have

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
To "dramatically" increase Wii U "launches(?)" from "next to none" to "some" would be very nice.
thank you Reggie.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
It wouldn't be hard to dramatically increase the amount of releases on the Wii U.  Two more games would literally double the amount of first party titles.  I'm glad they acknowledge the issue but I would possibly expect anything other than a dramatic increase.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I think this clip from Family Guy pretty much sums up my view of Reggie's Wii U promise:

Talk is cheap (especially from Nintendo executives), and it would take very little to "dramatically increase" the number of Wii U releases at this point.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Well, before the end of the year we know about Pikmin 3 and we know about Wind Waker.  That'll double the number of majoy first party releases for this year.  A 100% increase is pretty significant if the percentages is all you see.  Hopefully he's not spinning his words and we are getting at least 5-10 other major first party releases  before the end of the year.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Well, before the end of the year we know about Pikmin 3 and we know about Wind Waker.  That'll double the number of majoy first party releases for this year.  A 100% increase is pretty significant if the percentages is all you see.  Hopefully he's not spinning his words and we are getting at least 5-10 other major first party releases  before the end of the year.

10 Major First-Party Nintendo titles before now and the end of the year? *BOGGLE*
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven

10 Major First-Party Nintendo titles before now and the end of the year? *BOGGLE*
*CONNECT FOUR*
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Meanwhile, WiiU fans: *SORRY*
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
And Nintendo's plan for making the Wii U a hit? *BONKERS!*
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
It seems like Nintendo's plan is to have the Wii U get a year like the 3DS is having this year next year, or maybe starting late this year. Since I don't think there's any way of winning third parties back at this point, the next 4-6 months are somewhat irrelevant, unless you're someone who owns the system and wants something to play on it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent