Author Topic: Hideki Kamiya Interested in Star Fox, Murasame Jō Franchises  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile

The Wonderful 101 director would like to develop for two dormant Nintendo franchises.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34642

During E3, NWR spoke with Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya, who is currently directing The Wonderful 101 and supervising development on Bayonetta 2. 

However, although he is concentrating on these two upcoming Wii U games, he said that he would love to work on the Star Fox series or revive the Japan-only NES adventure title Nazo no Murasame Jō, if the opportunity ever arose.

"Of course I'd like to work together with Nintendo to make original games going forward," said the former mastermind behind Viewtiful Joe and Okami. 

"But as far as Nintendo franchises, the reality is that these are big franchises that have lots of fans and lots of history and it'd be really hard in my position to say 'Oh, let me make one of these games.'

"But tomorrow, if suddenly somebody came to me and said 'We want you to make Star Fox,' of course I would be pleased."

Kamiya added: "So Star Fox is one, another series, Murasame Jō. I grew up on Nintendo games so there's a whole lot of respect for those."

The full, comprehensive interview with Hideki Kamiya will be up on Nintendo World Report in the very near future, so stay tuned. In the mean time, please check out our recent impressions of the demos for The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, fresh from the showfloor.

Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Hideki Kamiya Interested in Star Fox, Murasame Jō Franchises
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 06:31:28 PM »
Nintendo should have asked him to develop Star Fox already. This is not the first time he has said this.

I like that he's being humble about this.

Offline tonoxtono

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »
Nintendo, ask this guy to make a Starfox game already!!!

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:55:36 PM »
If I realized who this guy was I would have been begging for him to do Star Fox as well! Retro can do what ever they want, but their action games know how are such a perfect fit for Star Fox.

How are they with multiplayer modes?

You know, honestly, I think something Star Fox from them will eventually come through. They are getting real close with Nintendo, too close for it not to happen. This gen Star Fox is happening!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline lukas85

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 10:28:21 PM »
nintendy give star fox to this team NOW!!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 11:01:01 PM »

You know, honestly, I think something Star Fox from them will eventually come through. They are getting real close with Nintendo, too close for it not to happen. This gen Star Fox is happening!

Sounds.. romantic<3 haha I'd love to see their star fox love child..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline AzureJ89

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 12:00:54 AM »
A pretty early Retweet campaign has started for this.

https://twitter.com/AzureJ89/status/345346763693125632