Author Topic: PETA Games Using Nintendo Assets?  (Read 7740 times)

Offline HellsAttack

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
PETA Games Using Nintendo Assets?
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »
Has anyone else seen the flash games up on the PETA website?

There is Pokemon: Black and Blue, Mario Kills Tanooki, Super Tofu Boy, New Super Chick Sisters, and Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals.

I wish I were joking, but it's all here - [size=78%]http://www.peta.org/interactive/games/default.aspx[/size]

I hope Nintendo takes some legal action. This is outrageous.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: PETA Games Using Nintendo Assets?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:18:13 PM »
I never liked PETA anyways, they are stuck up snobs and bullies. So I hope Nintendo comes down on them hard. I hope some people here go to Nintendo's website and clicks on the link they have to report piracy of Nintendo IPs.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:19:56 PM by TJ Spyke »
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »
Nintendo shutting this down would get it more publicity, which is what they're aiming for, than just letting it be.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:27:04 PM »
Nintendo would likely just send a cease and desist letter. Would PETA really want even more bad PR by letting it be known they are stealing the IP's of other companies? I would think they would just quietly take down the games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »
Nintendo would likely just send a cease and desist letter. Would PETA really want even more bad PR by letting it be known they are stealing the IP's of other companies? I would think they would just quietly take down the games.
That's not the PETA way
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 05:45:22 PM »
PETA operates under the idea that any publicity is good publicity. They win either way, really; if Nintendo does nothing, they can continue using their IPs for their own benefits, and if Nintendo fights them on it they get to play the victim and get it reported in the press.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 05:47:25 PM »
I don't think people take them seriously enough to start suing. A while back around the launch of Super Mario 3D they had a similar game with Mario inside a tanuki that had been gutted out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 05:50:38 PM »
Sounds like when those daycares in Florida in the 80s were illegally using Disney characters in murals. Disney told them to stop, the daycares bitched and whined in public (even though they were clearly in the wrong), so Disney looked like the badguys for stopping a for-profit enterprise from stealing their IPs, and Universal (who had just recently opened up Universal Studios Orlando) gor free publicity by announcing that they would let the daycares use their IPs for free.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 05:54:16 PM »
I hate PETA with a passion they are a stuck up political interest group that serves no purpose and is actually full of lies, hate, and very disgusting tactics.  Do they sometimes have points to make...sure they do...but the way they do it makes everything they do stupid and meaningless. 

If they had some restraint and educated the public in an intelligent means then perhaps they would be good.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 11:41:28 PM »
Sounds like when those daycares in Florida in the 80s were illegally using Disney characters in murals. Disney told them to stop, the daycares bitched and whined in public (even though they were clearly in the wrong), so Disney looked like the badguys for stopping a for-profit enterprise from stealing their IPs, and Universal (who had just recently opened up Universal Studios Orlando) gor free publicity by announcing that they would let the daycares use their IPs for free.

LMAO!!! ;D ;D ;D
Yep, nothing like rinky-dink daycare centers "stealing" from Disney by painting generic characters all around the place. Disney is about as unsympathetic as you can get when it comes to "creative" companies.

As far as PETA goes... they give the rest of us a bad name. They're loonies, with just enough truth sprinkled in to get some of the dumber activists to sign up. It'd be pretty hard to argue that Pokemon is anything more than glorified cockfighting though.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 11:45:12 PM »
To be honest, I'm surprised it's taken them this long to do a protest game on Pokemon, a series all about children imprisoning animals so they can cockfight for their own amusement and personal status.  If PETA themselves didn't practice animal abuse, I'd say this may even be the first time in a long time I thought they had a legitimate criticism.  But given their apparent radical history (if Pokemon were real, they'd kill the Pokemon "imprisoned" in Pokeballs before they'd free them or give them loving homes outside the balls), I find their hypocrisy amusing.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 11:56:52 PM »
Funnily enough, Pokemon basically featured PETA (Black & White) before PETA got to Pokemon.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 01:30:49 AM »
About a year ago, we had PETA come to my city to protest a Sushi restaurant. None of the locals cared, so they had to bus the protesters in from out of town. They dressed as mermaids and laid on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant in protest. The one woman protester was topless with pasties. A local newspaper reporter went to McDonalds and bought a bunch of Filet-O-Fish sandwiches and started handing them out to the crowd.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:32:29 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 04:06:32 AM »
1. It's a parody
2. Cooking Mama has nothing to do with Nintendo.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
About a year ago, we had PETA come to my city to protest a Sushi restaurant. None of the locals cared, so they had to bus the protesters in from out of town. They dressed as mermaids and laid on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant in protest. The one woman protester was topless with pasties. A local newspaper reporter went to McDonalds and bought a bunch of Filet-O-Fish sandwiches and started handing them out to the crowd.

This is the best story ever.  The only thing that would have made it better would be to set up a stand for free food.  Of all the animals to protest fish is the most ridiculous.  We do horrible awful things to our pigs, beef and chickens...things that really should prevent people from eating it...not from humanitarian reasons, but that is definitely there, but because of health reasons as well...but fish...not so much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »
Not to belabor your point, but we also fish farm and their practices aren't much better.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Da Jarvis

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »
My thoughts on the subject are pretty much summed up in this video!
3DS Friend Code: 4038-6986-6300

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 04:29:14 AM »
Nintendo responds
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/nintendo-responds-to-petas-pokemon-black-blue

It would get me so hot if Nintendo just went balls deep into PETA on this one

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 10:11:37 AM »
My thoughts on the subject are pretty much summed up in this video!

Actually, this is good advice of almost any political group or even political issue that issues statements of grave consequences if we do not act.

I have been blown away by the reality of what I used to believe about politics and the world isn't true...or at least not exactly true...and the reality is people are just using misinformation to get money and power from you. 

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »
Nintendo has answered:
"Nintendo and The Pokémon Company take the inappropriate use of our products and intellectual property seriously.â€
Source

So then, do you think there's going to be a massive shitstorm and how much money will Nintendo ask for as compensation (if they ever sue for compensation)?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 09:27:19 AM »
Nintendo has answered:
"Nintendo and The Pokémon Company take the inappropriate use of our products and intellectual property seriously.â€
Source

So then, do you think there's going to be a massive shitstorm and how much money will Nintendo ask for as compensation (if they ever sue for compensation)?

They can't.  So long as PETA's game is clearly there for satire and parody and PETA isn't charging for it, I don't believe Nintendo can't do much more than saber-rattle.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »
If Nintendo can show that their IPs are being harmed by these parodies, they could still have a case to have them legally stopped.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 06:13:02 PM »
Nintendo doesn't even harm animals..they harm pokémon.

pokémon are not animals, they aren't even real.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post