Author Topic: Radio Free Nintendo - Episode 33  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Radio Free Nintendo - Episode 33
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:00:52 PM »
Karl takes back the host seat! Stan reads mail! Steven comments! All this and more   in another episode of Radio Free Nintendo!

Exclamation point!    

Episode 33: Podcast Killed the Mailbag Star    

AAC Format    

MP3 Format    

You can also listen to the podcast on the good 'ole Odeo!  
powered by ODEO    

After the debacle that was Stan's hosting last week, I've given him a swift jab in the   ribs and taken back the host seat. As per our plea last week, you guys came   through and sent in tons of listener mail. It's a good thing Stan's injuries from said   jab weren't too serious, because I made him read all of it.    

Questions this week run the gamut from why the Xbox 360 isn't succeeding in   Japan to the price of TurboGrafx-16 games on the Virtual Console to whether or   not I'll ever publish a bad fantasy novel I wrote when I was fourteen. And defying   our expectations, only one question came from our good friend Saturn (although   there was a curious fellow named "Uranus").    

Email us more questions or your life is forfeit! Also don't forget to subscribe to and   review us on iTunes. Your life may or may not be forfeit if you decide to ignore the   latter. I haven't decided yet.    

Credits:    

This podcast was edited by Stan Ferguson. Video Game Advantage   commercial performed by Steven Rodriguez. Virtual Console Mondays   commercial performed by Karl Castaneda.    

Music for this episode of Radio Free Nintendo is used with permission from Jason Ricci & New Blood. You can also   purchase their album directly from the iTunes Music Store.    

Please visit our sponsor, Video   Game Advantage.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Radio Free Nintendo - Episode 33
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:21:03 PM »
I have been immortalized!

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »
Irony of the Day: The episode that deals completely with the community gets the smallest response.

Fantabulastic.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 11:55:44 AM »
Well, the only two people from the forum who sent in letters were me and DJUnkown, right? (Unless Uranus is someone here)

Why is there such a divide between the NWR visitors and the various outlets? Seriously, the Podcasts, The Chatroom/Trivia, the Mailbag, and the Forums all seem to have different groups of users. A perplexing phenomenon indeed...

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 03:05:07 PM »
THREE COMMENTS?!  I slave for 5 hours editing these things and I get three comments!?  I'm going to start handing out beatdowns.  Where is Ceric and his weird reactions?
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 05:06:53 AM »
I am Super Excite!! to catch up on all my podcasts, especially RFN.  Hope to get in on the next recording, too.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Radio Free Nintendo - Episode 33
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 07:57:29 AM »
Well I got my 15 seconds in the spotlight! Yay! Its definitely different when you're writing it as opposed to saying it aloud. I'll remember that for next time...

When I was talking about whether 3rd parties could start without Nintendo getting their games online, I was thinking of titles like SSX blur which is slated for a March release. An online option could added easily. But I do see the point of Nintendo taking the initiative first. It'd be a shame that we'd have to wait a year or two for the next SSX to go online just because Nintendo wasn't ready...

Will the staff be drawing lots on who gets to review Sonic and the Secret Rings when it comes out? Or will someone have the intestinal fortitude to volunteer their sanity time for this most-likely painful task?

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 10:50:57 AM »
I believe Evan is signed up for that task, which is probably the way to go since he also suffered through Shadow.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
Don't do that again. Podcast didn't kill the mailbag. Not even close. The podcast got poisoned.

But since this was NPR, it gets a free pass.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 08:31:12 AM »
I'm here by popular demand.  I don't have internet at home now.  So I came to the library, downloaded the podcast, finished listening to it this morning, and I'm back at the library.  Unfortunately I wasn't typing as I was listening like I normally do this time so my opinions on it aren't captured.  I might go and re-listen if I have some time and make comments.

But the camp counselor getting crucifed is somewhat priceless.

Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 10:35:59 AM »

Originally posted by: Pryopizm
THREE COMMENTS?!  I slave for 5 hours editing these things and I get three comments!?  I'm going to start handing out beatdowns.  Where is Ceric and his weird reactions?

It'a 50 minute podcast, give people some time, like a week or two.