Author Topic: Got my 360 repaired....now i need help with DLC  (Read 2415 times)

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Got my 360 repaired....now i need help with DLC
« on: February 15, 2009, 07:25:52 PM »
So I got my 360 repaired (microsoft actually just sent me a refurb) and now my downloadable content doesn't work offline.  If I'm online it works fine but seeing as how I take my 360 downstairs to the living room for rock band it has to be played offline....

Called Microsoft after I followed their instructions that they included with the 360 refurb.  I tried re-downloading all the content through the account management menu and also through the in-game rockband music store.  Over the phone Microsoft had me recover my gamertag which didn't work and wasted a lot of time >:(

So what do i do now?  I also have a few arcade games that are effected by this.  This has already wasted a month's worth of xbox live......so that xbox live month compensation card to me seems like nothing to me.  Just so annoyed right now :(

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Got my 360 repaired....now i need help with DLC
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »
I believe that Microsoft is supposed to transfer over your serial number since the DRM is not the console but the console serial number,  it sounds like they didn't now you have to run the fun license transfer tool also be warned that you can only use the transfer tool once every 12 calendar months.
The gamertag recovery doesn't do anything.

FAQs for the license transfer too and what to do if your DLC still doesn't work
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 01:11:15 AM »
ARGH!  That's exactly what happened, they were supposed to transfer the licenses over and ship it to me but they didn't.  Worst part about that is I also had to go and delete my downloaded content and redownload each of them from scratch.  It took a ridiculous amount of time redownloading all of those Rock Band tunes.......I didn't bother redownloading various map packs to a few FPS that i no longer play, that would have probably doubled the amount of time it took.

I wonder if this means I cannot use the transfer utility until next year now?  I'm sure sometime sooner or later I will get the itch to buy a new 360.....seeing as how my current one I believe is either a Zephyr or Falcon system which both still suffer from RROD.  Oh well I'll bite the bullet when it comes time.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:45:24 AM »
ARGH!  That's exactly what happened, they were supposed to transfer the licenses over and ship it to me but they didn't.  Worst part about that is I also had to go and delete my downloaded content and redownload each of them from scratch.  It took a ridiculous amount of time redownloading all of those Rock Band tunes.......I didn't bother redownloading various map packs to a few FPS that i no longer play, that would have probably doubled the amount of time it took.

I wonder if this means I cannot use the transfer utility until next year now?  I'm sure sometime sooner or later I will get the itch to buy a new 360.....seeing as how my current one I believe is either a Zephyr or Falcon system which both still suffer from RROD.  Oh well I'll bite the bullet when it comes time.

I assume you didn't do the license transfer yet but you can use it, if MS "does the license transfer" it doesn't take away your one use per 12 months.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:43:55 AM »
Dude, you're not supposed to delete the content! You just choose "download again", and it just downloads a new license for the content, not the actual DLC.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 06:25:20 AM »
that's what i was hoping but walking through with the tech support we found that none of it was working when simply trying to download licenses.  They ended up giving me step by step instructions on deleting stuff and re-downloading them.  Total pain in the rear.