Author Topic: ESRB spills the beans on Sonic Chaos a 2D sonic game  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
ESRB spills the beans on Sonic Chaos a 2D sonic game
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:06:42 PM »
Destructoid Source

ESRB source
Sonic Chaos

Platform: Wii

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: No Descriptors

Rating summary: This is a side-scrolling action game in which players run through obstacles and hazards to reach the end of various themed levels. Players receive points for collecting gold rings scattered throughout the levels.

EDIT: It's a Game Gear/Master System game gosh darn it

And now all the 2d purists should rejoice and be happy. Hopefully this will be as good as the Genesis Sonic games or the DS and GBA ones made by Dimps.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:19:25 PM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: ESRB spills the beans on Sonic Chaos a 2D sonic game
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:24:41 PM »
I said wow
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 10:43:43 PM »
If it's anything like my beloved sweet baby Sonic Advance 3, then I will be in heaven.
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 04:43:55 AM »
That's your sweet baby? A game with worse random deathtraps than Nethack?

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 08:19:22 AM »
That's your sweet baby? A game with worse random deathtraps than Nethack?

That's why I loved it actually...I would literally die 4 times in a row, and have to come up with a winning pattern. I think it's one of the better Sonic games. And how can you not like Cream the bunny?
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
I don't mean difficulty, I mean crap like a run sequence stopping you with a wall and a split second later having spikes pop out of the ground directly under you (obviously since you were just running you didn't get to observe that there are spikes) or worse stopping you right under a moving block that, if you time it wrong (and you can't time it yourself because you don't see how a block half across the map moves when you enter the race section), crushes you almost instantly and kills you even if you did have rings.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »
I can see why some people actually thought this might be a new game.  Sonic Chaos was only released on the Master System in Europe and South America, and was one of the very last games released for that system.

As a result not many people know that Sonic Chaos was indeed released for the Master System.  It's only too bad that Sonic Triple Trouble which came out a year later was Game Gear only since I find that one to be the best of the 8-bit Sonic games.  It'd be nice to have a Master System version of that game so it could appear on the Virtual Console as well.

Yeah I know all the Game Gear Sonic games are on Sonic Adventure DX, Collection Plus and Gems, but I prefer the Master System versions.  Having a larger screen which the Master System versions have definitely improves the games and in the case of Sonic 2, the Master System version made that game somewhat playable.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »
I don't mean difficulty, I mean crap like a run sequence stopping you with a wall and a split second later having spikes pop out of the ground directly under you (obviously since you were just running you didn't get to observe that there are spikes) or worse stopping you right under a moving block that, if you time it wrong (and you can't time it yourself because you don't see how a block half across the map moves when you enter the race section), crushes you almost instantly and kills you even if you did have rings.

I hate that @#$%, I imported the first Naruto DS game and you would constantly have to jump to the next platform where you couldn't see that an enemy was there waiting to hit you and automatically sent you flying to your death.  It would have been a decently bearable game but it had so many random deathtraps that you couldn't finish an area without at least dieing 3-4 times. 

It's especially annoying in Sonic games because the best moments in Sonic games is when you feel like you are on a constant roller coaster, last time i remembered random death on a roller coaster was a bad thing.  Difficulty/Frustration....a fine line that apparently some developers decide to act like a drunk after being pulled over.