Author Topic: Need some help - mysql innodb  (Read 1106 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Need some help - mysql innodb
« on: December 24, 2007, 06:37:57 PM »
Does anyone here have some experience with MySQL and the Innodb file ibdata1 and the corresponding log files & frm files?

I ran into some trouble and now I'm trying to restore from ibdata1 but so far I am not having any luck. I've tried altering the my.ini file to force recovery and also change the recorded size of the log files, but in the Administration program all table show as empty.

Any pointers would be appreciated. And I realize this may not be the ideal community to ask, but this is my favorite community.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
RE:Need some help - mysql innodb
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 01:42:09 PM »
I'm going to fill this in just in case somebody in Googleland ends up here.

I ended up creating a new instance of Mysql with a new ibdata1 and log files. Then stopped the service and replaced the new ibdata1 file with the old one. I also changed the my.ini file to force a recovery. Then I restarted the mysql service. While the old data was accessed, websites would not respond.

So first I used Mysql Browser to make sure the information was visible in the tables. Then I created a dump via the command line and mysqldump. Next I uninstalled the instance of Mysql and created a new one. Went back to the command line and imported the dump.

The users were brought over because that information is MyIsamm and I had those files. The dump carried the data over.

The actual file recovery must have damaged some information as I had to manually shift through the ibdata1 file for some table data, but at the end of the day everything was put back where it belongs.

I now will create a dump file every evening for backup.
The End.