Author Topic: Mario Pirate Settles For 1.5 Million  (Read 18260 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Pirate Settles For 1.5 Million
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2010, 12:09:48 AM »
I would post a Captain Picard face Palm, but I am just too lazy for that.

I never said that Copyright infringement couldn't be a criminal matter. It just that in a majority of cases it is a civil matter. One of the ways it can become criminal is if you were to profit from the infringement or your actions had lead to a direct impact of a significantly large scale.

The FBI couldn't prosecute this guy if they wanted to, luck had nothing to do with it. The guy is an Australian. What are they going to do? Send the CIA after them. Interpol? Extradite him over copyright? Not saying the DVD warning isn't true, however it is one of those instances of cover your ass and meant for commercial scale level of infringements. Like the Chinese CD factories. It is also American law. Are you willing to ignore another country's sovereignty over Copyright?

Edit proof reading...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:55:14 AM by oohhboy »
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Pirate Settles For 1.5 Million
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2010, 04:38:10 AM »
Actually, I think this guy would have been better off dealing with the FBI... They don't have much say in Australia, after all. :P:

Perhaps not, but Interpol does, and I have seen them mentioned in the warning at the beginning of movies as well. I would also think the Australian equivalent of the FBI would also intervene in such matters.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:42:10 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...