Author Topic: 3DS Remains Best-Selling System in the United States  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
3DS Remains Best-Selling System in the United States
« on: August 15, 2013, 08:47:21 PM »

Earthbound is also doing well for itself on the Wii U eShop.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35202

The Nintendo 3DS was the best-selling game platform for the month of July in the United States.

For the third month in a row, the 3DS was the top selling game system in the U.S. Nintendo attributes this with the continued success of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which sold 150,000 physical and digital copies combined in July. The 3DS itself is up 14 percent in sales from last July, while software for the handheld is up 45 percent. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon also reached 820,000 physical and digital combined units sold this last month.

On the Wii U front, Earthbound (Virtual Console) is doing well with no specific numbers given. It was said however that the only two games to generate more revenue in the same amount of time since launch were New Super Mario Bros. U and Pikmin 3.

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: 3DS Remains Best-Selling System in the United States
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:09:09 PM »
Good :D
Made you look ****.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:18:47 PM »
On the Wii U front, Earthbound (Virtual Console) is doing well with no specific numbers given. It was said however that the only two games to generate more revenue in the same amount of time since launch were New Super Mario Bros. U and Pikmin 3.

Well if Earthbound is doing that well according to NOA, I wonder if they will release Mother 3 on the Virtual Console in the future then.  The people who did the english fan translation have offered to give it to Nintendo for free in the past, so it shouldn't be that hard for NOA to put it on the system.

Of course they haven't added any GBA games yet, but when they do, it should hopefully give Nintendo the idea that Mother 3 is a good option to pursue.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »
If they release Mother 3:

Expect it to be on Wii U.  Would help to sell the system.
Will not use the fan translation.  Nintendo just doesn't do that.

I wonder if they'd consider releasing Mother/Earthbound Zero.  Considering that *has* an official translation and all.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »
That game was never released, right? Not widely at least? If so, that'd be a HUGE deal. I would LOVE to play it.

Honestly, I don't think this is a good indicator that we'll get Mother 3 in the states. Like UB said, Nintendo would probably want to translate it themselves. I'm not sure how much that actually costs, but it has to be a huge hurdle.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 01:09:30 PM »
So NSMB U, Pikmin 3 and EarthBound are the biggest movers and shakers on the Wii U.  Well DUH.  Wouldn't those easily be considered the three best games on the system?