Author Topic: The Death of Nintendo World Report-My Nightmare from last night :-(  (Read 8132 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Don't get me wrong I love this website, last night i was trying download the new podcast and it didn't work. ( Spotty Internet in the dorm )

So I had NWR in my brain right before I went to bed.

Here was the nightmare:

I manage to find the illusive "Head Quarters of Nintendo World Report" building. The main building where the entire staff works from, plays from and clocks in/out of from and also eats from. Since I am a member of the forums the NWR team allowed me to enter this elite building. For some reason they just so happen to have HQ in my local Texas town. At first its very bizarre because I meet and greet people from the forums and the main staff which I never seen before but heard from podcasts. Everyone is friendly and cool with each other. The most odd thing was that GoldenPhoenix was super nice to me in real life and I know for a fact she hates me.

Anyway let me describe this NWR HQ building. It was actually run down massive warehouse. However it had massive projection screens to play games. Bean bags to sit in, nice big soft sofas. It looked run down at first glance outside, but it was so open and big and had a cafeteria and just had great Feng Shui in the inside you forgot about the loose paint-job outside which was the traditional white NWR with some color thrown in for good flavor.

Anyway right before we got our food to eat lunch this skinny white girl came up to me, I don't remember her name but she was the girlfriend of one of the main staff. She told us a rumor that NWR is going out of business and today was the last day of operation.

Well Johnny Boy walked out like Steve Jobbs and said it blunty, we got bad news. NWR as we know it is dead. Sadly my uncle cannot pay for the internet and the website fees so we are going under.

All the forum people said what about all those ads on the website and Johnny boy said they only bring in pennies, and websites cost hundreds to maintain every year. Everyone was depressed but the entire staff and forum people hanged out that last day in that building and had fun together playing Smash and so many other multiplayer games. Everyone walked out at the end of the day and Johnny Boy locked up with a tear in his eye and we all drove home depressed, but at least we went out with a bang and everyone on the forums loved each other and the entire staff was happy the last day.

I had this Nightmare last night and I wanted to share this with everyone. I tend to usually forget what i dream about but this was so bitter sweet I couldn't forget.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Re: The Death of Nintendo World Report-My Nightmare from last night :-(
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:40:32 AM »
A+ would read again.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:14:30 AM »
The scary thing is that I have a bean-bag chair.

OH NOOOOOES
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:40:41 AM »
I'm eating some cereal.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 12:17:49 PM »
Is this one of those dreams where you wake up and are all "Whoa, like THIS happened" and the first person you talk to is all "Dude, it DID"?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 03:37:35 PM »
For some reason they just so happen to have HQ in my local Texas town.

Mercedes or Victoria?

Well Johnny Boy walked out like Steve Jobbs and said it blunty, we got bad news. NWR as we know it is dead. Sadly my uncle cannot pay for the internet and the website fees so we are going under.

Fantastic.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 04:36:46 PM »
Last night I dreamed my house was infested with huge hornets and no one seemed to think this was worth doing anything about and a girl I dated a couple months ago was taunting me about how things didn't work out between us.

So yeah your NWR dream was considerably cooler than mine.  It's sad but bittersweet.  Everyone lost something important but was happy to have had it in the first place.  And everyone still had the friendships they made on the site.  My dream was more "Hey Ian, life sucks!  How about another kick in the balls?!"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »
When I was three years old, I dreamt that there was a large bright green snake on my Parent's bed. I jumped onto the bed to defend my mom and remove the snake, and the snake bit me. It didn't hurt but I could not remove my arm from its jaws. There was a large ball of spongy pus moving up his throat which was poison. I knew if the ball of pus touched my arm I would be dead. The poison reached his mouth and it killed me. I saw my dead body lying on the bed and my mom was crying. Then I woke up.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 05:16:39 PM »
When I was three years old, I dreamt that there was a large bright green snake on my Parent's bed. I jumped onto the bed to defend my mom and remove the snake, and the snake bit me. It didn't hurt but I could not remove my arm from its jaws. There was a large ball of spongy pus moving up his throat which was poison. I knew if the ball of pus touched my arm I would be dead. The poison reached his mouth and it killed me. I saw my dead body lying on the bed and my mom was crying. Then I woke up.

that sounds pretty traumatic....
and even though i feel guilty making fun of it, it does sound like you witnessed your parents having sex and hide the fact behind this dream, as if to protect you from what you really saw as a kid.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »
Once I dreamed I was eating a huge marshmallow.  When I woke up my pillow was missing.

The following day I shat feathers.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 09:16:45 AM »
Vudu: Thank you for that.

Why do I feel I've read MAV's post before.......

Dejavu is the first sign of schizophrenia.

Uh OHHHHHHHH
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 10:14:10 AM »

that sounds pretty traumatic....
and even though i feel guilty making fun of it, it does sound like you witnessed your parents having sex and hide the fact behind this dream, as if to protect you from what you really saw as a kid.

his silence makes me feel like i'm right.

lets tease him for walking in on his parents doing it.

or we can start a thread/poll to see if its happened to anyone else
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 10:22:12 AM »
Please tell me Gonintendo went "out of buisness" first in this dream you had.  Then again, I suppose the more likely scenario would be, they went out of business shortly after as they no longer had quality content to snag....
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 02:10:54 PM »
Easycure if that happened, I must have repressed it. It does all sound very Freudian though.

Last night I dreamt I came home to find a burglar in my home. I dislocated his arms and twisted them but he would not cry out in pain. I then took his fingers and pried them apart until the webbing between began to bleed. He finally winced in pain and I knew I had accomplished my goal. Then I woke up.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 02:19:52 PM »
i had a dream that i had a chance to get an early copy of the Conduit for review purposes, but when the call came in to sit down with the game makers, i wasnt around. Someone i knew (in the dream, but is non-existent IRL) told me i missed the call but had "good news"

that good news being he promised them a 10/10-like review in exchange for money hats, and i was pissed. The person that excepted the money hat didnt understand why i was upset.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 02:46:20 PM »
Last night I dreamt I came home to find a burglar in my home. I dislocated his arms and twisted them but he would not cry out in pain. I then took his fingers and pried them apart until the webbing between began to bleed. He finally winced in pain and I knew I had accomplished my goal.

So if a burglar breaks into your house your goal isn't so much to subdue him but specifically cause him pain?  Okay with this and the big snake dream I'm getting a little freaked out. ;)

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 03:06:59 PM »

lol that's fucked up.

Last night I dreamt I came home to find a burglar in my home. I dislocated his arms and twisted them but he would not cry out in pain. I then took his fingers and pried them apart until the webbing between began to bleed. He finally winced in pain and I knew I had accomplished my goal. Then I woke up.

so is that.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 03:11:25 PM »
"Even when I cut off his arms, and sicked his own pet on him; he not once screamed out with pain." - Marv

I once dreamt that I was being chased by a mob for some reason. Luckily, I had super agility and got the **** out of there like PoP.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
once i dreamt me and my brother were getting robbed, in our house, at gun point. then i realized it didnt really happen. not to me, it happened to Kashogi (then Requiem.. i think).

that story was crazy!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 04:31:32 PM »
Ya........that really did happen...

Thanks for bringing it up....dick! :P

Calling ALL VUDU's:

Can you find that story?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 05:09:07 PM »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »
My word, you are too good at that.

*Clicks link; Reads story*

OH SNAP! Talk about a flashback. I remember everything as if it were yesterday.

Damn that bitch was nasty.......I still remember going to the bathroom and laughing my ass off while washing her nasty drool off my face. "My lips are tired" HAH! Classic!

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »
i had a dream that i had a chance to get an early copy of the Conduit for review purposes, but when the call came in to sit down with the game makers, i wasnt around. Someone i knew (in the dream, but is non-existent IRL) told me i missed the call but had "good news"

that good news being he promised them a 10/10-like review in exchange for money hats, and i was pissed. The person that excepted the money hat didnt understand why i was upset.

I dream of that all the time. :-(
Not Conduit specifically but any game I really want and I wake up and all upset

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 10:34:56 AM »
Ya........that really did happen...

Thanks for bringing it up....dick! :P

Calling ALL VUDU's:

Can you find that story?

any time pal, any time!

remember when your brother was about to take a hockey stick (or something) to your face??

Good times!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »
It was a golf club. And ya......I remember that....