Author Topic: Heroes Of Ruin  (Read 3020 times)

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
Heroes Of Ruin
« on: July 29, 2012, 11:07:53 AM »
I just got this just days ago and I think it's got a lot of great charm to it. I've been excited for this game since I first announced, I never got over the fact that Gauntlet never came out for the DS and this delivers the same experience. I think the camera view and the navigation is a lot like GTA: Chinatown Wars which I enjoyed. The NWR review doesn't mention it, but the sound is done very nicely by changing the channel of sounds in the dungeon (ex: running water) depending on which way your character is facing and the music is not terrible to hear, but nothing to write home.

I haven't played online, but I did link my game to the website for Experience Points and I noticed they have a list of Daily and Weekly Challenges, but as of right now everyone is having issues getting them to load up. I can't wait for all that to be sorted out.

So have you picked it up!?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes Of Ruin
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 03:11:27 AM »
I pre-ordered this online and have been addicted to it now for over a week. It really scratches an itch I didn't know was being underserved for me. It's funny, I'm about ready to uninstall Diablo 3 from my PC, and playing Heroes of Ruin thinks that Diablo 3 (thought not 1 or 2) would be SO FUN with a Wii U Gamepad in my hand!

I've actually not been able to link my 3DS to their website, I've been having technical difficulties on that, something with their account system never giving me the numeric code or QR code, but at least I've been able to partake in the daily/weekly quests, and even jumped online once to do a daily! I must say... it felt pretty seamless to play online, I'm really looking forward to Community Night with this game Monday night!

What class and level are you TheFleece? I almost hope this game is successfuly enough for N-Space to just pump out a quick/cheap sequel/expansion of it, maybe for digital release? I want to see more of this world and gameplay!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 11:58:02 AM »
kairon, I have a level 18 Gunslinger how about you?

I've been playing Solo the whole time I've felt like the difficulty has been too easy. Also I've hit the mark for how much money I can have and it's hindering me because the game won't allow me to sell anything and all the Equipment in the Market has low stats. Also I can't quick sell any items in the dungeons ro pick up loot. However- ! The Weekly and Daily Challenges have been added to my Quest Log and I'm glad for that. Here's a list of the upcoming Quests for July and August: http://heroesofruin.com/news/daily-challenges-update-six

I wonder how likely N-Space would be to make that happen considering the Weekly and Dailies are made up of mundane tasks as Kill X Enemies in X Level. If DLC was released for this I would essentially play this game Forever.

I keep getting reminded of Chinatown Wars while playing Heroes of Ruin. I know I shouldn't hold my breath for a GTA on a Nintendo system, but I would appreciate Rockstar giving it another go considering the online capabilities of the 3DS over the DSi *sigh*
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:35:29 PM »
Sweet! I got the Daily quests too! I look forward to finishing the multiplayer ones tonight at NWR community night!

I've got a lvl 28 gunslinger in Act V. I'm also at money cap, but every couple levels or so I've found that it's worthwhile to upgrade with the vendor gear, which knocks me down a bit. Otherwise, I've just learned to either periodically drop all unnecessary gear I pick up, or just not pick up any non-gunslinger gear to begin with.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 11:41:12 PM »
So I'm almost finished with the story mode. I died a lot more in the later levels so the difficulty does ramp up significantly. Also I Street Passed someone with the game and there is a guy in the town who will sell you the items that they sold while in dungeons and at shops. I couldn't use any of the stuff, but I like the feature. I was able to complete a string of Daily challenges, but I fell short on the Weekly.
I'm looking forward to playing as the other characters as well. The Gunslinger is great because he has a far reach, but I'd like to see how the other characters play.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:19:38 AM »
Alright. I'm back from my vacation (if I did it right, maybe you didn't notice I was gone?). We needs to have a Heroes of Ruin night soon. Who's with me? My late teens Gunslinger could use an excuse to beat the game...
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 01:30:51 AM »
Alright. I'm back from my vacation (if I did it right, maybe you didn't notice I was gone?). We needs to have a Heroes of Ruin night soon. Who's with me? My late teens Gunslinger could use an excuse to beat the game...

We did two weeks ago! UncleBob and TheFleece showed up to play the game with me! (I'm lvl 27, I also need an excuse to beat this game)

Offline neptunepirate

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 09:01:42 AM »
I love loot based games so I am enjoying the heck out of Heroes of Ruin. I have a Level 20 Vindicator and near the tail end of the story, with about 5 hours of gametime. Also I am at the money cap, which was weird finding out about when I hit it. I have yet to play online, I wanted to finish the story and get a good understanding of the game before I tried multiplayer. It stayed in my 3DS since launch day, until I picked up Dream Drop Distance yesterday, now I feel bad for putting it on the back burner for now. I may play a little more today before work.
Leon has a flashlight on his belt.
I tried to bring sexy back, but I forgot the receipt.
http://www.heroesofruin.com/profile/NeptunePirate

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »
Yeah, actually, whenever I keep trying to play a new game, Heroes of Ruin bumps that game out of my 3DS because I want to check my online daily quests... poor Rhythm Heaven...

I don't let the gold cap bother me. I just stop picking up stuff I no longer need, and now I don't hesitate at all to purchase level appropriate gear from the vendors if I see anything I like. It's the valor that you get from online daily and weekly quests that I'm really feeling challenged to earn enough of.