Author Topic: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Gets Release Date for Wii U  (Read 1224 times)

Offline alexosborn

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Gets Release Date for Wii U
« on: December 17, 2014, 05:58:47 AM »

In just over a week you'll be able to play WayForward's 2D platformer on your GamePad.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39239/shantae-and-the-pirates-curse-gets-release-date-for-wii-u

Developer WayForward has announced that its 2D platformer Shantae and the Pirate's Curse will be releasing for Wii U on December 25.

The game is currently available on 3DS but will be making the leap to console next week, complete with off-TV play, an unlockable Pirate mode, and multiple endings. Additionally, the Wii U version will support the Classic Controller Pro and the Wii U Pro Controller.

You'll be able to purchase the title via the Wii U eShop for $20.

Be sure to read our review of the 3DS version here.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Gets Release Date for Wii U
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »
Have yet to pick this up on 3DS, much more likely to do so on Wii U due to that system having a much more functional D-Pad than the original 3DS.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:33:12 PM »
The more I think of it, the more this sounds like a terrible idea. Last year the eShop had a major meltdown on Christmas that lasted close to a week. I'd be wary of releasing anything new on those days.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:02:08 PM »
I think Nintendo's shown that they're very capable of quickly learning from their mistakes in online implementation.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent