Author Topic: Capcom Ships Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Capcom Ships Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All
« on: January 16, 2007, 07:17:05 AM »
Another Phoenix Wright game for DS?  No OBJECTION! here.

TAKE THAT CRIMINALS!  PHOENIX WRIGHT™: ACE ATTORNEY™   JUSTICE FOR ALL FOR THE NINTENDO DS™ IS ON THE CASE      

SUNNYVALE, Calif — Jan. 16, 2007 — Court is back in session as Capcom® today announced that Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ Justice For All for the Nintendo DS™ has shipped to retailers across North America.  The second game in the popular court room battle series from Japan introduces four new cases featuring new characters, plot twists and gameplay features.  Players resume the role of Phoenix Wright, a defense attorney who must prove his client’s innocence against the toughest of odds and most ruthless of adversaries.  Players must exercise their legal prowess as they collect evidence, examine witnesses, analyze testimonies and seek the truth to ensure that justice prevails.  The game is characterized by its memorable characters, engaging storylines and unique gameplay format, all presented in a comical anime style.  Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All carries a “T" rating for teen audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) with a suggested retail price of $29.99.      

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All includes the following features:    

·        Play from the first person perspective through four shocking new cases    

·        Two distinct gameplay segments:    

Investigation phase – survey crime scenes, interview witnesses and gather evidence that will be used in court    

Court phase – present findings from the investigation to support your case, listen to testimonies, examine witnesses, and determine what is fact from fiction so you can prove your client’s innocence    

·        New “Psyche-Lock" feature – some witnesses may be keeping the truth under tight lock and key (aka the “Psyche-Lock" state), so in order to break them down, successfully open up their Psyche-Locks with a series of correct questions or catch them on their inconsistent statements    

·        New life bar represents Phoenix’s status in court – by presenting incorrect evidence or following misguided attempts to break Psyche-Locks, Phoenix’s life bar will go down; the only way to regain this stat is to successfully open a witness’s Psyche-Lock    

·        Use the DS touch screen to navigate the game’s interface and become deeply involved in court room proceedings by using the microphone to yell “Objection," “Take that" and more!    

·        Colorful cast of characters include both new and familiar faces    

Phoenix Wright – the game’s main character who is a defense lawyer with a keen sense for discerning fact from fiction    

Franziska von Karma – the new D.A. and daughter of former adversary, Manfred von Karma, is on the warpath to take Phoenix down and avenge her father by any means necessary    

Maya Fey – having honed her psychic powers, she is now a mystic of the Kurain Channeling Technique and will continue to be a valuable ally for Phoenix in his trials    

Pearl Fey – Maya’s cousin is an up and coming psychic herself and looks up to her as a role model        

For more information on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, please visit the official site at http://www.capcom.com/aceattorney/.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Capcom Ships Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 01:58:56 AM »
Oh snap!  I do not hear such a truth?
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 06:16:41 AM »
I got my copy today and I got the strap + stylus freebie too! =D
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:54:56 AM »
And I didn't even get the first one yet... 40€ is so much for a point and click adventure...

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 08:03:52 AM »
I would love to pick this up but I have too much to play right now, plus I gotta focus and study for a big test in March, so I can't waste all my time just playing games...or can I?

I will probably end up borrowing/stealing SB's copy (if he gets it, he seems a bit disenchanted, and I don't blame him).
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Capcom Ships Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 08:43:03 AM »
I'll rent it, play it, cherish it, and return it.  It's a once through game for me.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 08:58:19 AM »
NOBODY HAD IT TODAY!  I'm devastated.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 11:54:40 AM »
Can't wait for the local release in 2009

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĂ©-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 05:40:16 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
And I didn't even get the first one yet... 40€ is so much for a point and click adventure...

Why must you sh*t on everything sacred?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 06:42:38 PM »
Because it's friggin expensive?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 07:19:24 PM »
You should move. Games are cheaper over here.

I'm torn. I have beaten the first Phoenix, but I don't own it. I feel like I should own the original game before I buy the sequel.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 12:02:37 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Because it's friggin expensive?

It's one game well worth the horrible price rape though!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 01:23:43 AM »
"I'll rent it, play it, cherish it, and return it."

You need to look up the word "cherish"... ;_;

Got the game yesterday, it's fantastic so far (big surprise)...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 04:58:33 AM »
I tried to play the first game.  I thought it was fun but often broken.  It can be way overly and unnecessarily frustrating.

When you play through a case, and you figure out what you have to show them, there are moments where jumping right to the end result and showing them that object does not work.  Instead you have to show them objects in order to get Phoenix to understand what you as the player already figured out.  This wouldn't be a big deal if the whole damn case didn't start over if you screwed up too many times.

However, I did play this game long after the rest of the world, so maybe it's just a victim of overhype for me.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 06:00:18 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale
I tried to play the first game.  I thought it was fun but often broken.  It can be way overly and unnecessarily frustrating.

When you play through a case, and you figure out what you have to show them, there are moments where jumping right to the end result and showing them that object does not work.  Instead you have to show them objects in order to get Phoenix to understand what you as the player already figured out.  This wouldn't be a big deal if the whole damn case didn't start over if you screwed up too many times.

However, I did play this game long after the rest of the world, so maybe it's just a victim of overhype for me.

You do realize that you can save at any point in the game and at any time, right? That prevents you from having to start a case all over again if you fail.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 03:47:31 PM »
Hrmm Pap, I may not realize this... Do i have to constantly save though?  That seems silly.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 04:09:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Pale
Hrmm Pap, I may not realize this... Do i have to constantly save though?  That seems silly.

Well, the game prompts you to save after you finish a part of the case (whether it be investigation scene or the courtroom scenes).

I usually save before they ask me to present vital evidence, that way if I am mistaken I can start where I last left off.

Its up to you whether you want to save like crazy or be daring and play through the game taking risks in guess.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 04:38:47 PM »
It seriously takes 5 seconds to save the game, return to the title screen, and get back into the game... =|

(Pale's so lazy!)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~