Author Topic: Summer Drought Time! What will keep you busy?  (Read 17804 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Drought Time! What will keep you busy?
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2008, 04:09:03 PM »
haven't followed this thread in a while, so i dont know if its derailed yet.

Just posting to update my back-log of games with these:

Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2
XIII

All three were 2.99 and i just had to get them. Played a few missions in XIII before but my friend started begging for it back. Couldn't get passed a certain level in VJ 1. I remember it had me re-doing some boss battles and i'd keep dying at one of the repeats. Never played VJ2 at all, so yeah.. i got some stuff to keep me busy.

Oh and i must beat vudu's Pikmin.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2008, 04:09:58 PM »
sell vj2

finish vj1
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »
why the hell would i want to sell a game that i bought for 2.99? i don't need $0.20 store credit that bad.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2008, 04:44:09 PM »
You're right--just throw it away.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2008, 05:10:23 PM »
Oh come on, it's not so bad that it hurts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2008, 06:12:38 PM »
i trie'd playing VJ2 today cuz i still had a VJ1 save file on my memory card and still couldnt beat that level...
when i opened the case to take the disc out i dropped it and hit my head on the class door that protects my wii, then snapped the dvd case closed on the skin of my fingers.

it really does hurt to play...

none of that actually happened but i wish it did just to prove vudu wrong

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2008, 06:36:05 PM »
Do I have to show you how to beat that level?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2008, 10:20:52 PM »
NO! i'll just start the game all over again to get the practice i need. Although i think you're the one that posted a great way to beat MP2: Echoes.... so if it comes down to it i'll be PMing you!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 02:53:24 PM »
Which level are you stuck on?  That game was easy.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2008, 04:48:59 PM »
(Since there's no proper thread, and my search showed me this thread)
Tales of Vesperia demo is up for download.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2008, 06:31:29 PM »
just picked up The Godfather; blackhand edition (used) and Batallion Wars II (new for $29.99).

XII has been fun so far, but i havent touched VJ1-2 yet. i'm an idiot for buying so many games.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »
How are you doing on Pikmin?

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2008, 10:59:19 PM »
just picked up The Godfather; blackhand edition (used) and Batallion Wars II (new for $29.99).

XII has been fun so far, but i havent touched VJ1-2 yet. i'm an idiot for buying so many games.

Oh god try to play that Godfather game. It RULES. I think GP can attest to it's awesome.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2008, 08:12:57 PM »
All you Sunshine fanboys will be happy to hear I finally picked up Mario Sunshine today.  After declaring it sh#! six years ago at a Best Buy kiosk I've decided to give it a second chance.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2008, 10:48:52 PM »
Please do. It's a fine game.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2008, 11:26:19 PM »
I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics A2 the other day out of boredom . . . happy to say it is a very good game and I'm enjoying spending an hour or two a night relaxing and doing some quests.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2008, 02:08:10 PM »
How are you doing on Pikmin?

i love it! i stopped playing thouth when i stayed up all night one weekend and due to lack of sleep on my part, got the majority of my pikmin raped right before heading to the Ruins area... boy was i in for a treat when i got there... I couldn't put the game down and go to sleep w/o checking it out so i took just Olimar around for a looksy, knowing i wouldnt save this "wasted" day on expedition alone. I saw one ship part i could easily get with the pikmin i did have, or so i thought... i ended up killing the bulk of my yellow pikmin when they drowned after falling off a narrow bridge. I still had a good chunk of reds but the blues were nearly extinct... lol i literally had one and the south section of that level is almost all water...

after that i thought i could use the reds to take out some of the local enemies.. then that flying blowfish came out of no where.. oh god the horror.. between that and those pirahna plant looking things, i had almost no pikmin left. Good thing i didnt save it, but after that fiasco i was afraid to return. I should finish that up so you can get your game back eh?

Oh god try to play that Godfather game. It RULES. I think GP can attest to it's awesome.

not sure if you're being sarcastic about GP liking the game, but i like it so far. Lots of little things to do, a good game to pick up and play for a few minutes, but also engrossin enough to draw me in for a few hours if i had the time. So far my only complaint is that the walking controls feel pretty clunky, as do the manual shootings. How do they screw up using the pointer?

I've been meaning to pick up Scarface Wii too since it should be at a decent price drop by now but i can't find it anywhere. Like the Godfather Blackhand Edition i've heard good things about the wii port for Scarface but.. are the controls going to be the same? If so i'm not sure if i'll pick it up just yet, i'll end up waiting till i an get it for even cheaper since its just "more of the same" in terms of gameplay. Then again I can't find the fucking thing anywhere so maybe i should just snatch it up before its harder to find? We'll see, if the price is right when i do find it i'll probably just get it and play it further down the road.

I still have to finish:

Pikmin (duh, i'm sure vudu wants his game back)
XIII
Star Fox Adventures
Viewtiful Joe 1
Resident Evil: REmake
F-Zero GX (damn story mode...)

and start:

Killer7 (day i bought it used i played it, died, never touched it again)
Viewtiful Joe 2

i still also have these few games that are more "just for fun" play thrus:

Donkey Konga 1 & 2 (need to beat those songs on hard!)

Star Fox Assault (beat it before but i rushed thru it so i could give it back to a friend, gotta get those medals!)

and those are only the GC games!

There's still a few Wii games i have that i've either not beaten at all (manhunt 2, trauma center) or not beat to 100% completion (Mario Galaxy, ExciteTruck, and technicaly MP3... but i don't count that cuz i got a fucking 99% score and i checked every fucking map for what item i might of missed before going on to the final boss there... POS)

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2008, 02:11:19 PM »

not sure if you're being sarcastic about GP liking the game, but i like it so far. Lots of little things to do, a good game to pick up and play for a few minutes, but also engrossin enough to draw me in for a few hours if i had the time. So far my only complaint is that the walking controls feel pretty clunky, as do the manual shootings. How do they screw up using the pointer?

I've been meaning to pick up Scarface Wii too since it should be at a decent price drop by now but i can't find it anywhere. Like the Godfather Blackhand Edition i've heard good things about the wii port for Scarface but.. are the controls going to be the same? If so i'm not sure if i'll pick it up just yet, i'll end up waiting till i an get it for even cheaper since its just "more of the same" in terms of gameplay. Then again I can't find the fucking thing anywhere so maybe i should just snatch it up before its harder to find? We'll see, if the price is right when i do find it i'll probably just get it and play it further down the road.

No I'm not being sarcastic at all. I loved Godfather: Blackhand Edition. I beat that game 100%, took over every property. Did everything possible. Great great game.

I also have Scarface, and while the driving is quite good and there is some good in that game, that game is damn frustrating. I don't like it, I'm disgusted by the number of times I've re-done missions and a few mission specific glitches are a complete turn off.

The controls and gestures are great in both games.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2008, 02:32:56 PM »
after that i thought i could use the reds to take out some of the local enemies.. then that flying blowfish came out of no where.. oh god the horror../quote]

I know exactly what you mean.  ;) 

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2008, 02:45:20 PM »

No I'm not being sarcastic at all. I loved Godfather: Blackhand Edition. I beat that game 100%, took over every property. Did everything possible. Great great game.

I also have Scarface, and while the driving is quite good and there is some good in that game, that game is damn frustrating. I don't like it, I'm disgusted by the number of times I've re-done missions and a few mission specific glitches are a complete turn off.

So is at worth at least a pick up at say $20? or is that money better spent on getting my lazy ass to get a wiipoints card and buy my first wiiware game... oh god that reminds me, i have to finish Sin & Punishment and Super Metroid!

:(

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2008, 02:48:54 PM »

So is at worth at least a pick up at say $20? or is that money better spent on getting my lazy ass to get a wiipoints card and buy my first wiiware game... oh god that reminds me, i have to finish Sin & Punishment and Super Metroid!

:(

Get your Wii Points and save up for Bully, better story, more fun, and some of the best minigames since WiiSports.  Oh and less of the word **** cause God knows I love the word ****, but no man should love the word **** as much as this game loves that FUCKING word.  Scarface is an okay game, but be ready to scream at the screen sometimes. Where as WiiGames are refreshing and relaxing on a regular basis if you get the right one(s). 

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2008, 06:37:10 PM »
i ended up killing the bulk of my yellow pikmin when they drowned after falling off a narrow bridge. I still had a good chunk of reds but the blues were nearly extinct... lol i literally had one and the south section of that level is almost all water...

after that i thought i could use the reds to take out some of the local enemies.. then that flying blowfish came out of no where.. oh god the horror.. between that and those pirahna plant looking things, i had almost no pikmin left.

Pikmin at its best. This afternoon I started watching "Planet Earth" on bluray, and reading your post just made me realize how engrossing Pikmin can be as a nature sim game which is much better than just watching nature documentaries.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »
BWii!!

Answer the call!

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2008, 01:20:15 PM »
Along with Sunshine, I've also recently popped Galaxy back in to get the my last 30 stars with Mario.  Today I'm happy to report I FINALLY defeated the infamous "Luigi's Purple Coins" challenge.  Alllll yaaaaa.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....